Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 10:29 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lmao. I provided stats that prove you’re wrong, but armchair quarterbacks like yourself avoid those stats and claim I work for the Stiller’s.

Perhaps you’ll be able to understand them easier this way. National Football League Stats - by Player Category | NFL.com
NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/...8/seasontype/2

He’s been one of the most durable qb’s in the game. Yep he did get hurt, and yep he is getting older. Please do provide facts and stats to prove everything else you’ve claimed.
No question he has been one of the greats, consistently. But, like ALL greats, he gets a little older every year. If you look at him in action years ago, vs today, he is less mobile, less risk taking, and less accurate. Are you the same person physically you were 15 years ago ? I know I am not, and neither is Ben.

Just like Bradshaw, Namath, and every other great quarterback, time, and hits, takes it's toll.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:06 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,859,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No question he has been one of the greats, consistently. But, like ALL greats, he gets a little older every year. If you look at him in action years ago, vs today, he is less mobile, less risk taking, and less accurate. Are you the same person physically you were 15 years ago ? I know I am not, and neither is Ben.

Just like Bradshaw, Namath, and every other great quarterback, time, and hits, takes it's toll.
Cool story, how old is Tom Brady and how old was Brett Favre when he retired?

Old 09-16-2019, 11:08 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,859,855 times
Leveon Bell looks great and that was a nice fumble he had tonight.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:12 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:

Yep, everyone gets older, however, his stats from last year prove he’s not too old.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
Leveon Bell looks great and that was a nice fumble he had tonight.
And if they put their hurt feelings aside, most everyone that knows football would still take him here over Conner. Conner isn’t going to sniff Bell’s Stiller yards numbers.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:22 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
Cool story, how old is Tom Brady and how old was Brett Favre when he retired?
They are an anomaly in sports years. No matter how you try to spin or defend it, 37 is considered on the edge of getting old in football. Sounds crazy, I know, but facts are facts. Couple that with some of the injuries Ben has had in recent years, and those tend to add up.

Look, I love the guy, I think he is one of the best qb ever, and has done great things for the Steelers. But I am a realist, and grew up watching Bradshaw, Swan, Joe Greene, Lambert, and the rest, freezing my butt off in 3 Rivers Stadium. But even those football greats finally got to the point where they had to accept the inevitable .

If the Steelers don't start filling the key roles with some younger talent the next few seasons are going to be terrible, and I'm not referring to the towels, either.

Old 09-17-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
They are an anomaly in sports years. No matter how you try to spin or defend it, 37 is considered on the edge of getting old in football. Sounds crazy, I know, but facts are facts. Couple that with some of the injuries Ben has had in recent years, and those tend to add up.

Look, I love the guy, I think he is one of the best qb ever, and has done great things for the Steelers. But I am a realist, and grew up watching Bradshaw, Swan, Joe Greene, Lambert, and the rest, freezing my butt off in 3 Rivers Stadium. But even those football greats finally got to the point where they had to accept the inevitable .

If the Steelers don't start filling the key roles with some younger talent the next few seasons are going to be terrible, and I'm not referring to the towels, either.
He’s been one of the most durable qb’s in the league. What are these recent years injuries that have kept him out for a period of time and how have they affected his stats?

It’s great that you keep reminding us that you love the guy, but stats don’t lie and he’s still very recently been one of the top qb’s in the league.

I’m looking forward to see how Tomlin does without a franchise qb. Unless Rudolph comes out of the gate like Ben, I expect him to look pretty ridiculous.

Old 09-17-2019, 03:41 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Interesting trade. Let’s see if they can make a go out of this 1st round DB.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:49 PM

615 posts, read 394,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
And if they put their hurt feelings aside, most everyone that knows football would still take him here over Conner. Conner isn’t going to sniff Bell’s Stiller yards numbers.
When was the last 100 yard game by Conner? He’s a great guy, but unfortunately a sub par running back that wouldn’t start for many other teams. He’s a non threat running the ball.

Btw I was reading this and thinking of you. I’m thinking you can replace Terry Bradshaw with Ben Roethlisberger and change the date from 1984 to 2020.

https://newsinteractive.post-gazette...berger-injury/

Old 09-18-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghaccuweather View Post
When was the last 100 yard game by Conner? He’s a great guy, but unfortunately a sub par running back that wouldn’t start for many other teams. He’s a non threat running the ball.

Btw I was reading this and thinking of you. I’m thinking you can replace Terry Bradshaw with Ben Roethlisberger and change the date from 1984 to 2020.

https://newsinteractive.post-gazette...berger-injury/
There’s many Conner defenders, but they’re real quiet now.

Medical procedures today are much more advanced than in the Bradshaw days. Also, the elbow injury/procedure isn’t as serious as what was originally thought.

Unless there’s a setback after the procedure, Ben will be back, but time will certainly tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh