Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2019, 05:54 PM

615 posts, read 393,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
5 turnovers and only 20 points. This team goes nowhere without Roethlisberger.

At least they play the lowly Bengals next.

Other than fumbling the ball, anyone seen James Conner?
Got no problem with James Conner as a person. Wish you could put his heart and mind in a better players body like AB. Talent wise James Conner stinks as a starting running back. I’m not sure where he could be a backup either. He’s pretty much invisible out there when playing.

This offensive line is overrated and stinks pretty bad too. They are the biggest disappointment through 3 games.

Mason Rudolph made two big throws. Otherwise he was below average for the game. Huge downgrade from Roethlisberger. Worst Starting QB in the north for sure. Just not the same talent as Ben.

Ju ju made a big play but was invisible for the other 99 percent of the game. The guy ain’t a number 1 receiver.

The defense made some big plays, but the second half of the game the crapped out, pretty much like last week. Heyward was invisible. I forgot he was playing till he got injured.

The team is going nowhere without Ben for sure. I see he’s going to get a surgery that won’t end his season. If he’s getting paid I’m not sure why he will want to try and come back this year. 0-3 and pretty much done it looks like. This may only be a 4 to 5 win team.

Oh and Tomlin is way past his expiration date. Very sloppy every week. They should’ve won today. The turnover margin was totally in the Steelers favor. In fact all teams since 2016 were 0-45-1 till today with that turnover diff.

Not very talented, sloppy and poorly coached. Result in 0-3

Old 09-22-2019, 06:09 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Conner defenders are certainly nowhere to be found.

Most offensive lines look lousy when there’s lousy players behind them.

Witherspoon got carted off and they immediately went his replacement which made Rudolph look good on that drive, but the pass to JuJu was very nice.

SF definitely made adjustments to the Stiller’s defense in the second half, but with all the turnovers in the 1st half, the game should’ve been over and the second half should’ve been a formality.

On the bright side, trading for Fitzpatrick is this far looking like a good move.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:41 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Well done Steelers for a rookie QB. Nicely done. Could still be a good start to a future. This year will be tough, but you never know.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Well done Steelers for a rookie QB. Nicely done. Could still be a good start to a future. This year will be tough, but you never know.
He stinks, and many of us do know. There will be no postseason this year and not in the near future with this present offense.

What’s your prediction for next Monday night against the Bengals? Stiller’s are -4.5 right now.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:20 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
Lol. They just plain suck..with Ben or without him.

I think that it will be a few years before the Steelers are on top again. It seems that they are at a low spot right now, talent-wise, and you don't get new blood overnight. It will take a lot of trades and picks, and probably take a few years, at least. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tomlin go.

I know that is tough for we Steeler fans, but facts are facts, and we will just have to put up with them not being the STEELERS that we all are accustomed to seeing play. Kinda like when the Saints fans wore bags over their heads.

Last edited by don1945; 09-23-2019 at 03:12 AM..

Old 09-23-2019, 06:56 AM

Tomlin isn’t going until his contract is up, and even then it may not happen.

Lol, nobody in Pittsburgh is going to be wearing bags over their heads like the Saints fans. Miami could be a different story, however.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:14 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Tomlin isn’t going until his contract is up, and even then it may not happen.

Lol, nobody in Pittsburgh is going to be wearing bags over their heads like the Saints fans. Miami could be a different story, however.
His contract is only good through the 2020 season, and team owners hate losing. He has been a great coach, brought a lot of wins to Pittsburgh, but business is business.........it is all about "What have you done for me today ?"

However, one thing is for sure, the Steelers need an infusion of fresh talent on the field in both offense and defense.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
His contract is only good through the 2020 season, and team owners hate losing. He has been a great coach, brought a lot of wins to Pittsburgh, but business is business.........it is all about "What have you done for me today ?"

However, one thing is for sure, the Steelers need an infusion of fresh talent on the field in both offense and defense.
Actually, his contract goes through 2021 with a team option for 2022.

That’s quite obvious and I don’t know anyone that expects much of anything from this season, especially with Ben going down, and while the defense hasn’t recovered from losing Shazier, with Bush and now Fitzpatrick, it has a better chance of getting better than the offense does this season.

Old 09-23-2019, 12:30 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,130,675 times
I honestly feel better about our D than I have in some time, just need some more time together. Offense, ugh. I mean Ben down stinks but I don't think Mason is bad. I've been impressed somewhat given he has not been practicing long with 1st string and he really hasnt played much in games. I like Conner but I just don't think he is going to cut it. We need more from our running game.

Old 09-23-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
I honestly feel better about our D than I have in some time, just need some more time together. Offense, ugh. I mean Ben down stinks but I don't think Mason is bad. I've been impressed somewhat given he has not been practicing long with 1st string and he really hasnt played much in games. I like Conner but I just don't think he is going to cut it. We need more from our running game.
Agreed, however, I don’t expect Rudolph to be anything more than a solid NFL backup, but I hope he proves me wrong....and the Conner hype train has certainly come to a screeching halt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh