Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2019, 10:06 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,058,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
So why now are you saying it’s possible?
It doesn’t matter because the Steelers lost just like I predicted they would. The bills didn’t play great either. Almost gave them the game. Duck was exploited for being a practice squad QB. It’s gonna be hard to get to 10 wins. Next two games are pretty much must win now.

Do you go back to Rudolph or keep Hodges in there? 4 ints would be enough to make a change. I don’t think they can win the last two games with Duck in there.[/quote]

yep, they were already pondering that in post-game banter.

keep hodges in. rudolph was bad week after week. this really is devlin's first 'bad' week. let him learn from it and see what he does.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
It doesn’t matter because the Steelers lost just like I predicted they would. The bills didn’t play great either. Almost gave them the game. Duck was exploited for being a practice squad QB. It’s gonna be hard to get to 10 wins. Next two games are pretty much must win now.

Do you go back to Rudolph or keep Hodges in there? 4 ints would be enough to make a change. I don’t think they can win the last two games with Duck in there.

keep hodges in. rudolph was bad week after week. this really is devlin's first 'bad' week. let him learn from it and see what he does.[/quote]

They obviously aren’t aware of how bad Rudolph is.

Hodge’s has played against weak teams. He had a bad week because the Bills have a great defense and are a better team than the Stillers.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:07 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,687,441 times
Quote:

Do you go back to Rudolph or keep Hodges in there? 4 ints would be enough to make a change. I don’t think they can win the last two games with Duck in there.

keep hodges in. rudolph was bad week after week. this really is devlin's first 'bad' week. let him learn from it and see what he does.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

keep hodges in. rudolph was bad week after week. this really is devlin's first 'bad' week. let him learn from it and see what he does.
They obviously aren’t aware of how bad Rudolph is.

Hodge’s has played against weak teams. He had a bad week because the Bills have a great defense and are a better team than the Stillers.[/quote]

Oh I don’t think Rudolph is that great either. I just think the Duck experiment needs to end after this game. If I’m Tomlin I make the switch now. They hid Ducks lack of talent for as long as though could. He floats and Telegraphs his passes. He’s dunzo, practice squad QB. You need to know if Rudolph can overcome adversity right now. He gives them the best chance to win. If he can’t and you miss the playoffs look to get somebody next year. I hope Ben comes back. We win that game if he’s in there.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:12 AM

Lol. Rudolph isn’t going back in unless Hodges gets hurt. 2 of his interceptions were on desperation plays and they only lost by 7. Would’ve been worse if Rudolph had played.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:06 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,058,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
... I hope Ben comes back. We win that game if he’s in there.

yep....last night's game was a bit#$ slap back to reality. the network had a lot of fun with it. adults running around with duck headwear (undoubtedly, they were suburbanites with money to spend on crap like that)....and then the duck laid an egg.

look - it still has been a memorable year. entertaining, if anything else. and, there is still something to get excited about what with these endless gray winter days with no sun. at least two weeks worth of something to look forward to.

in the long run, i might say rudolph is the better bet for ben replacement, once roeth retires. but by then (2021?), i hope they luck out and get a QB that turns out to be a monster.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
yep....last night's game was a bit#$ slap back to reality. the network had a lot of fun with it. adults running around with duck headwear (undoubtedly, they were suburbanites with money to spend on crap like that)....and then the duck laid an egg.

look - it still has been a memorable year. entertaining, if anything else. and, there is still something to get excited about what with these endless gray winter days with no sun. at least two weeks worth of something to look forward to.

in the long run, i might say rudolph is the better bet for ben replacement, once roeth retires. but by then (2021?), i hope they luck out and get a QB that turns out to be a monster.
Reality has been that neither qb is very good, Duck is better than Rudolph, and we’ve benefited from a weak schedule...and in the long run, if either is Ben’s replacement, we better get a lot more seasons with weak schedules.

On the bright side, we’re ALMOST assured of a WC game.

Last edited by erieguy; 12-16-2019 at 09:18 AM..

Old 12-16-2019, 09:41 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,554,414 times
Quote:

l.
You city people just can't let it go, can you?

Let Duck start the next two games. Ben will be back next year and the Duck and Rudolph can fight for back up.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
You city people just can't let it go, can you?

Let Duck start the next two games. Ben will be back next year and the Duck and Rudolph can fight for back up.
Nope, they can’t and never will.

Bingo

Old 12-16-2019, 11:17 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,298 times
When I started watching the game last night, I, for a minute, thought they had put Rudolph in there and kept saying, why don't they put Hodges back in ? He was doing really not so great. Then I realized IT WAS Hodges !

He had a bad night, hope it was just a fluke. The defense kept it from being worse than it was, but the offense was really off.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:26 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,935 times
What you see from the duck is basically the best he is going to be. He is better than anyone thought but he is never going to be a starter. I think Mason lacks many things but still think he has a higher potential upside. At this point I doubt either is the long term answer. Duck's best game so far has been like 200 yards and 1 TD/1 INT or 150 yards and 1 TD, our D has been winning games and he has been doing enough to not lose it for us. At least Mason seems to have some nice arm strength to stretch the D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh