Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 06:35 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,042,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Proud (prahd?) blowhard here!

Meh. I've been active on this forum since I was a teenager. I used to really enjoy posting photo tours and spending hours compiling information and interpreting it.

Now? We still have a good dozen or so regulars on here, but this forum isn't nearly as busy as it once was. It has waned with the growing popularity of social media. The quality of each of my posts has deteriorated accordingly, hence my awful post-to-reputation ratio.

Even Yac is gone!
I'll get back to posting...eventually. I have absolutely zero interest arguing about COVID (or politics) with people who are 100% convinced they already know all the answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2020, 06:55 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
I think it's interesting, rather than to look at sheer numbers, to study reputation earned in comparison to the number of posts.

For example, gg, you get .63 points per post, eschaton gets .84 points per post and Villageidiot1 gets 1.21 points per post.

(Not quite a random sampling. I took two members you cited, and then went looking for somebody with a ratio greater than 1 to 1. Villageidiot1 was the first one I came across. There may be others.)

Some other prolific posters don't compare so well.
You get a different number of points on different forums, so the above is not real helpful.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:17 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I'll get back to posting...eventually. I have absolutely zero interest arguing about COVID (or politics) with people who are 100% convinced they already know all the answers.
Good. You're missed. So are a few others (one former regular just sent me a DM, actually, to let me know she still "lurks" at least). I miss Hopes. I miss Copanut. I miss Retired Coach. I miss BrianTH (the lawyer version of Eschaton). I miss UKyank (the British version of BrianTH). I miss Preservation Pioneer. I miss trlstreet and steidle and sealie and Evergrey (that one's a throwback). Goodjules posts less too. Same with ditchdigger. I used to enjoy gortonator's contributions as well, albeit I know he now lives in Seattle. I also miss LIRefugee. Uptown kid, too.

I realize the nature of relative Internet anonymity is the freedom to just "come and go" as one pleases, but over the years you grow cyber-attached to some people for sure.

For as much as I disagree with them on many issues I would still certainly miss erieguy, gg, Enough_Already, IndependentThinker, and tyovan4 if they stopped posting altogether (albeit I could take with a little less chronic negativity from some of them).

Old 10-05-2020, 02:45 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
I do miss UKYank. Realist with zero entitlement expectation/s.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:48 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,673,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Good. You're missed. So are a few others (one former regular just sent me a DM, actually, to let me know she still "lurks" at least). I miss Hopes. I miss Copanut. I miss Retired Coach. I miss BrianTH (the lawyer version of Eschaton). I miss UKyank (the British version of BrianTH). I miss Preservation Pioneer. I miss trlstreet and steidle and sealie and Evergrey (that one's a throwback). Goodjules posts less too. Same with ditchdigger. I used to enjoy gortonator's contributions as well, albeit I know he now lives in Seattle. I also miss LIRefugee. Uptown kid, too.

I realize the nature of relative Internet anonymity is the freedom to just "come and go" as one pleases, but over the years you grow cyber-attached to some people for sure.

For as much as I disagree with them on many issues I would still certainly miss erieguy, gg, Enough_Already, IndependentThinker, and tyovan4 if they stopped posting altogether (albeit I could take with a little less chronic negativity from some of them).
Hopes was the heart and soul of the Pittsburgh Forum. It looks like she has been gone for over 7 years. The volume of posts went down after she left.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:12 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,042,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Hopes was the heart and soul of the Pittsburgh Forum. It looks like she has been gone for over 7 years. The volume of posts went down after she left.
Maybe she just never checked out of Busky's.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:14 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Couldn't agree more. Miss her, but we all roll out at some point.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:18 AM

45,434 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You get a different number of points on different forums, so the above is not real helpful.
Not to mention that the more reputation an individual has the more points are awarded (up to 5) for whomever he chooses to give a point to.

Old 10-06-2020, 11:25 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Not to mention that the more reputation an individual has the more points are awarded (up to 5) for whomever he chooses to give a point to.
Look at you prancing around here with your massive reps. I have butted heads with you a few times, but agreed as well.

Keeping in mind this thread was just joking around stuff.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:39 PM

45,434 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Look at you prancing around here with your massive reps. I have butted heads with you a few times, but agreed as well.

Keeping in mind this thread was just joking around stuff.
Well someone who is a high earner had to comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh