Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 05:07 PM

9,348 posts, read 13,014,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You're just throwing out random numbers here, with no analysis of how it will work out in real life.
I said it was a hypothetical example. Obviously, a thorough study would need to be conducted to determine how much time a given traditional police force spends on tasks X, Y, and Z, in order to figure out how many non-law enforcement officials with specialized skills it would take to fulfill those same tasks, and how many law enforcement officials are actually needed if they can now focus their efforts on protecting and serving alone.

But here’s an article outlining some of the ways that defunding can lead to a net cost savings: https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/21...r-daniel-prude

Last edited by ElijahAstin; 04-25-2021 at 05:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 05:07 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez718 View Post
ever thinking about the realities or nuances of what's going on.
So what are the realities or nuances of what's going on?

Old 04-25-2021, 05:10 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You're just throwing out random numbers here, with no analysis of how it will work out in real life.
Anti police folks will try to do most anything to get police defunded, even putting glorified mall cops in harms way. You’re definitely not going to get any numbers.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:54 PM

22 posts, read 3,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Anti police folks will try to do most anything to get police defunded, even putting glorified mall cops in harms way. You’re definitely not going to get any numbers.
You want numbers? take some numbers
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...me-in-the-u-s/
Interested to see what conclusions you draw from this, tbh not sure where you're gonna go but usually your analysis is interesting to say the least.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
You want numbers? take some numbers
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...me-in-the-u-s/
Interested to see what conclusions you draw from this, tbh not sure where you're gonna go but usually your analysis is interesting to say the least.
Except this has nothing to do with anti-police folks wanting to put glorified mall cops in harms way, and not being able to provide actual costs savings to do so. It’s also another attempt at deflection in response to you not wanting to accept actual stats about Pittsburgh crime.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Except this has nothing to do with anti-police folks wanting to put glorified mall cops in harms way, and not being able to provide actual costs savings to do so. It’s also another attempt at deflection in response to you not wanting to accept actual stats about Pittsburgh crime.
What stats? You're just deflecting once again, why won't you answer my question?? Almost like facts don't care about your feelings

Old 04-25-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
I said it was a hypothetical example. Obviously, a thorough study would need to be conducted to determine how much time a given traditional police force spends on tasks X, Y, and Z, in order to figure out how many non-law enforcement officials with specialized skills it would take to fulfill those same tasks, and how many law enforcement officials are actually needed if they can now focus their efforts on protecting and serving alone.

But here’s an article outlining some of the ways that defunding can lead to a net cost savings: https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/21...r-daniel-prude
Bingo

Old 04-25-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
What stats? You're just deflecting once again, why won't you answer my question?? Almost like facts don't care about your feelings
The stats in this article and the one that states shootings are up 80% in Pittsburgh versus a year ago.

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...s/202104230162

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/dormo...rocketing-2021

Lol. I’m still waiting for you to answer if the Post Gazette is fake news.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Bingo

Old 04-25-2021, 07:41 PM

Quote:
The stats in this article and the one that states shootings are up 80% in Pittsburgh versus a year ago.

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...s/202104230162

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/dormo...rocketing-2021

Lol. I’m still waiting for you to answer if the Post Gazette is fake news.
I don't get why you think I take issue with that, when did I say it was fake news? You're very boring to talk to. Also you're literally the one bringing up violent crime in a thread about traffic stops and pedestrian safety. Why don't you show me a source that says traffic stops increase safety or something as opposed to gun violence increased 80%, which it has, no one has disputed that. I get that you wanna promote your agenda that Pittsburgh is a city full of violent degenerates but their are a lot of better ways to do that, you do it in the most boring and contrived way possible. I remember a poster here who wasn't afraid to say the quiet part out loud, but you on the other its like talking to a brick wall. SAD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh