Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 12:51 PM

198 posts, read 80,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Who said anything about a lockdown?
The municipality preventing people from leaving their homes.

Old 06-11-2021, 12:52 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_lanes View Post
What municipality is issuing a lockdown preventing people from leaving their homes? Link to this?

Old 06-11-2021, 01:04 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
Quote:
see, now you are twisting it.

its about a curfew for minors. its a reaction i guess due to some consistent incidents where people have felt threatened, unsafe, or had their quality of life reduced because "civil liberties" to some means thinking the world is your urinal.

do you agree that a youth curfew is a good idea, necessary, or whatever? this is only Cheswick, I believe.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

its about a curfew for minors. its a reaction i guess due to some consistent incidents where people have felt threatened, unsafe, or had their quality of life reduced because "civil liberties" to some means thinking the world is your urinal.

do you agree that a youth curfew is a good idea, necessary, or whatever? this is only Cheswick, I believe.
Twisting it to fit a narrative is in vogue more than ever.

The youth curfew is in Penn Hills.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
If ya'll want your local governments to have the authority to restrict when you're allowed to go outside that's on you.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
If ya'll want your local governments to have the authority to restrict when you're allowed to go outside that's on you.
What local governments are restricting folks to go outside?

I remember folks scared to leave the house begging for lockdowns for the virus, but don’t recall governments locking folks down, now.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:08 PM

3,291 posts, read 2,776,555 times
Quote:
I think, just recently, for ummm... an ENTIRE YEAR, there was a certain political party advocating not only lockdowns for EVERYONE, but also restricting their ability to breathe fresh air or operate a business. was that just all in my imagination??? I think the political party, the name slips my mind, but didn't it start with a D? and now they want to force everyone to take an experimental gene altering shot?

youth curfews are pretty much common and have been for a long time. I guess it restricts rioting so hence the uproar?

Old 06-12-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
I think, just recently, for ummm... an ENTIRE YEAR, there was a certain political party advocating not only lockdowns for EVERYONE, but also restricting their ability to breathe fresh air or operate a business. was that just all in my imagination??? I think the political party, the name slips my mind, but didn't it start with a D? and now they want to force everyone to take an experimental gene altering shot?

youth curfews are pretty much common and have been for a long time. I guess it restricts rioting so hence the uproar?
Bingo

Old 06-12-2021, 09:57 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,556,285 times
I grew up in a small town that had a 10:15 curfew for all those under 18. No big deal. Oh, wait, it violated my personal freedom.

Old 06-12-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post

Exactly. Why were lockdowns to prevent thousands of people from dying bad but "curfews" to prevent petty crime good?

At least try to be consistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh