Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 06:42 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,196,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I don't think lying matters much to the left that voted him in. He knows he can do as he pleases. He is privileged and entitled as most in his set are as we see in every city. Someday we will learn and go back to normal. Let's hope. I think our country has had about enough of this entitlement.
He’s a criminal and they’ll still defend him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 07:41 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
He’s a criminal and they’ll still defend him.
Oh, he has the race thing going on, so he is golden. No issues. He should take a vacation on the taxpayers dime to the south of France or the Fiji islands. He isn't enjoying enough. He needs to step up his game. He is in the ultra privileged/entitled set now. I think he is living very modest. He needs to enjoy himself. Times are great for people that look like him. They can do no wrong.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...nthony-hamlet/

Old 09-08-2021, 09:14 AM

14,352 posts, read 17,017,204 times
And he's gone.

Dunno why some people made it out that the wagons were circling around him. I heard few public defenses of Hamlet whatsoever in recent weeks, and whatever goodwill he had with the black community in Pittsburgh was completely blown by the district's bad handling of COVID-related schooling issues last year.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:21 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
And he's gone.

Dunno why some people made it out that the wagons were circling around him. I heard few public defenses of Hamlet whatsoever in recent weeks, and whatever goodwill he had with the black community in Pittsburgh was completely blown by the district's bad handling of COVID-related schooling issues last year.
Gotta be honest, I am shocked. I figured all this would blow over. He didn't last long. I don't understand why he stayed after all the lies on his resume. Didn't that give leaders of PPS a clue? Since they allowed that, I figured they would allow everything else.

Wonder how much money he will get for all this? Probably got some good bank during his very short stay.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
And he's gone.

Any word on the investigation or attempt to recover funds continuing, or will his resignation kybosh that?

Old 09-08-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Gotta be honest, I am shocked. I figured all this would blow over. He didn't last long. I don't understand why he stayed after all the lies on his resume. Didn't that give leaders of PPS a clue? Since they allowed that, I figured they would allow everything else.

Wonder how much money he will get for all this? Probably got some good bank during his very short stay.
He stayed because he was getting paid and thought he’d get away with stealing. He obviously did a lot of that and hopefully pays a huge penalty for it, and hopefully he doesn’t get away with it by resigning.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:01 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,282,529 times
Quote:
And he's gone.

On Tuesday, members of the Western Pennsylvania Black Political Assembly and a former PPS school board member offered support for Hamlet, claiming he has been unfairly scrutinized. They also called on the district’s board of education to postpone any actions or statements concerning Hamlet’s status with the district."

how isn't that supporting him?

Old 09-08-2021, 10:14 AM

14,352 posts, read 17,017,204 times
Quote:

I knew someone who was on the school board at the time he was hired. She admitted privately she had reservations about him, but out of the three finalists he was the only black individual, and she felt pressured to pick him for that reason. I just don't get it though, because if PPS just wanted a black superintendent, they have a number of talented principals to pick from. Hell, the former principal at my son's school is assistant superintendent now, which I guess means she's now going to be acting superintendent.

I dunno what happened once the scandals started dropping though. I presume the issue was the sunk cost fallacy - they didn't want to admit to the public they made a mistake, so they kept acting as if nothing was wrong until the damage got too bad to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
On Tuesday, members of the Western Pennsylvania Black Political Assembly and a former PPS school board member offered support for Hamlet, claiming he has been unfairly scrutinized. They also called on the district’s board of education to postpone any actions or statements concerning Hamlet’s status with the district."

how isn't that supporting him?
I meant I didn't know a single parent who was supportive of Anthony Hamlet. I found out about the resignation due to a "good effin riddance" mass text going around. And it should be noted that this hasn't been limited to white liberals in the district - black parents as I noted were incredibly unhappy with the jerking around regarding schools reopening last year.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:21 AM

What a disgrace. Need a new school board, too.

Old 09-08-2021, 02:07 PM
gg

Quote:
I knew someone who was on the school board at the time he was hired. She admitted privately she had reservations about him, but out of the three finalists he was the only black individual, and she felt pressured to pick him for that reason. I just don't get it though, because if PPS just wanted a black superintendent, they have a number of talented principals to pick from. Hell, the former principal at my son's school is assistant superintendent now, which I guess means she's now going to be acting superintendent.

I dunno what happened once the scandals started dropping though. I presume the issue was the sunk cost fallacy - they didn't want to admit to the public they made a mistake, so they kept acting as if nothing was wrong until the damage got too bad to ignore.

I meant I didn't know a single parent who was supportive of Anthony Hamlet. I found out about the resignation due to a "good effin riddance" mass text going around. And it should be noted that this hasn't been limited to white liberals in the district - black parents as I noted were incredibly unhappy with the jerking around regarding schools reopening last year.
Thanks for the reply and insight. I think everyone knew he was hired on racial pressure. Just look at TV ads. You would think black women are the only people in the US. The pressure is amazing. Seems rioting, looting and burning works well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh