Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 02:22 PM

45,388 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
He stayed because he was getting paid and thought he’d get away with stealing. He obviously did a lot of that and hopefully pays a huge penalty for it, and hopefully he doesn’t get away with it by resigning.
If he follows the usual pattern he'll wash up somewhere as an Assistant Superintendent for _______________ and do that for a couple years to polish the resume.

He'll then get the top spot somewhere else.

An alternative would to become a consultant for the Gates or Broad Foundations (or both) and give seminars on "School System Management for the 21st Century" to current and aspiring superintendents. Also set up a company and hire himself out as a $10,000/day educational consultant to other school systems.

The guy I mentioned who went to prison was in the running a few years ago after serving his sentence for the slot in Tulsa.

His successor we lost under questionable circumstances went first to Gates, then to Los Angeles where he resigned under a cloud and then to Stockton where he resigned under murky circumstances last year. He's now a principal for the organization Chiefs for Change as well as Broad.

His successor got out just ahead of federal immigration violation charges that cost the school system millions of dollars and is still Superintendent in Philadelphia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 02:37 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If he follows the usual pattern he'll wash up somewhere as an Assistant Superintendent for _______________ and do that for a couple years to polish the resume.

An alternative would to become a consultant for the Gates or Broad Foundations (or both) and give seminars on "School System Management for the 21st Century" to current and aspiring superintendents. Also set up a company and hire himself out as a $10,000/day educational consultant to other school systems.

The guy I mentioned who went to prison was in the running a few years ago after serving his sentence for the slot in Tulsa.

His successor we lost under questionable circumstances went first to Gates, then to Los Angeles where he resigned under a cloud and then to Stockton where he resigned under murky circumstances last year. He's now a principal for the organization Chiefs for Change as well as Broad.

His successor got out just ahead of federal immigration violation charges that cost the school system millions of dollars and is still Superintendent in Philadelphia.
I’ll bet you are spot on. The bleeding heart liberals are such easy prey. He will make up some more stuff on his resume and do it all over again or write a book and sell it to more bleeding heart types. Easy.

Old 09-08-2021, 03:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:

Bingo

I fully expect another clown show to hire him. “He just made a mistake”.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:20 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I knew someone who was on the school board at the time he was hired. She admitted privately she had reservations about him, but out of the three finalists he was the only black individual, and she felt pressured to pick him for that reason. I just don't get it though, because if PPS just wanted a black superintendent, they have a number of talented principals to pick from. Hell, the former principal at my son's school is assistant superintendent now, which I guess means she's now going to be acting superintendent.
The NAACP is involved and active in this. It isn't over yet. I hope there isn't rioting, looting and burning as we see so often, but it has been quiet now that the left won the election, so they seem to not be on their temper tantrum stuff.

Here is what the NAACP has stated:

“Now we’re going to lose the general of our biggest urban school district. You never change generals in the middle of the war. I think it’s extremely unfortunate that Dr. Hamlet has submitted his resignation,” said state president of the NAACP Kenneth Huston.

Huston said he thinks this goes beyond the state ethics violations.

“We’ve seen this playbook before,” he said. “This is the second African American male superintendent that we have seen pretty much go through what he has went through to the point of resignation.”

The pressure is on the city to find another black man to head PPS as you can't hire a white person. I hope they can find one. Good luck in such a district. I can't imagine such stress on families going through so much. Thank goodness I raised my children in the diverse and open suburbs. The city is nuts and so stressful. Shame how privileged the city has become and the entitlement is nuts.

I was going to PM you, but please move into my district. You have no idea how great it really is. Diversity is a good thing and I mean real diversity. International and economic., not to mention political which promote people to be more accepting to other opinions, unlike the city bullying everyone. Lots of languages spoken here as well.

Good luck.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:22 PM

Them calling him a general is priceless, and calling it a war is ridiculous. He got caught and deserves to be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent.

Last edited by erieguy; 09-08-2021 at 09:42 PM..

Old 09-08-2021, 09:51 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Them calling him a general is priceless, and calling it a war is ridiculous. He got caught and deserves to be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent.
Well, not these days. He is going to make his millions. He is smart enough to play the game. He got caught this time, but will find a way to really make gains. He has the NAACP on his side and most of the black community will do what it takes to make him a shinning star. He also has the left on his side as he was "wronged".

Watch and see in the end. He shouldn't have resigned, but he might already have something better to go to. Ah such a great. life to do as you please. Such privilege and entitlement that I will never see in my life, nor even understand. Can't blame him really. He is given this entitlement and privilege, so he is just capitalizing on it. Who wouldn't? Well, I couldn't as I am not a "taker", but most would.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:03 PM
gg

BOOM!!! Hamlet will receive around $400K!

“I do feel that the damage that he’s caused Pittsburgh Public Schools that he is walking away with a lot more than he deserves,” Campsie said.

He’ll receive nearly $400,000, which covers one year's salary and benefits.

I am actually glad he gets this. The city deserves what they get! If you hire someone that lies on their resume and keeps doing dumb things, I think he should get a million instead. It is a lesson and they are valuable for future reference. I hope he sues on top of it all for deformation of character. Why shouldn't he? He has the NAACP and other black groups that will pay for his fees to sue. Why not? The city needs this swat down and should pay as much as possible.

Look what the district posted on his Facebook page!

The district posted the following message to Hamlet on its Facebook page:

“We want to thank Dr. Hamlet for his leadership and guidance in this school district for the past five years. From elevating student voice to creating new programs to benefit students academically, Dr. Hamlet has pushed for positive change in the way PPS delivers education.”

Yep, they thanked him. Opens the door for a lawsuit if you ask me.

Read more here.

https://www.wtae.com/article/dr-haml...hools/37520926

Old 09-10-2021, 01:23 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,283,140 times
Quote:

he was already paid to sit on the board of an educational vendor company that he gave pps contracts to

Old 09-10-2021, 02:45 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
he was already paid to sit on the board of an educational vendor company that he gave pps contracts to
He knew he could get away with it and did for 5 years. Can’t blame him.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:08 PM

Between having to pay Hamlet, shutting it down which caused a huge loss in revenue, if the no traffic stop dealio goes through, etc…, I’d expect more this to follow rather than just property taxes.

https://www.wesa.fm/education/2021-1...million-budget
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh