Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 06:30 PM

10,921 posts, read 4,580,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
If that’s the case then why the radio silence? U cut up on his intelligence anyways so I don’t buy what you say. Sorry….

and and as for radio silence...I dont have a life such that I can sit here all day. Im envious of the free time you have ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 03:17 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,674,126 times
All I can say is that I hope Gainey's supporters are happy with the current state of the city. So far he has done pretty much nothing since taking office over three months ago.

Other than complaining that bike lanes make it difficult for you to find places to park your Suburbans why else was Peduto a bad mayor? Seems like the city overall was trending in a favorable direction socioeconomically and development-wise until COVID-19 emerged. The city's wage tax revenues were rising hand over fist, showing an influx of wealth into the city. Our parks were improving. Crime was on a downward trend (until recently). Downtown was bursting at the seams.

Old 04-07-2022, 06:06 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,904,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
All I can say is that I hope Gainey's supporters are happy with the current state of the city. So far he has done pretty much nothing since taking office over three months ago.
His administration seemed to do a much better job of snow removal than Peduto's did. Do you disagree?

Old 04-07-2022, 08:03 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,105,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
His administration seemed to do a much better job of snow removal than Peduto's did. Do you disagree?
So far, no. This last winter's snowfalls were handled terribly by the city.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:42 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,242,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Sounds like he’s been a step backwards. Hopefully he can step it up after receiving much hype.

Old 04-07-2022, 12:18 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,904,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post

He wasnt inaugurated until January. By February and March, the snow removal had NOTICEABLY improved. He needed time to implement his teams and systems.

What kind of wacky wonderland are we living in when I'm the only one in the thread so far giving kudos to Gainey???

Old 04-07-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
He wasnt inaugurated until January. By February and March, the snow removal had NOTICEABLY improved. He needed time to implement his teams and systems.

What kind of wacky wonderland are we living in when I'm the only one in the thread so far giving kudos to Gainey???
I like what he has to say. Be great if he follows through with it.

Old 04-07-2022, 12:35 PM

1,913 posts, read 742,656 times
Quote:

He's pointing out the ridiculous violence in certain neighborhoods. That's taboo for those who live in delusions.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

Other than complaining that bike lanes make it difficult for you to find places to park your Suburbans why else was Peduto a bad mayor? Seems like the city overall was trending in a favorable direction socioeconomically and development-wise until COVID-19 emerged. The city's wage tax revenues were rising hand over fist, showing an influx of wealth into the city. Our parks were improving. Crime was on a downward trend (until recently). Downtown was bursting at the seams.
It was doing very well until the shut it down folks got their wish, which has had huge consequences for the area.

It’s interesting how you’re always making reference to what size vehicles folks drive. Big vehicles can hold a lot of stuff, and when parking is readily available folks can patronize businesses which creates tax revenue, hence business owners also complain when parking is taken away…and the city and businesses need all the revenue it can get, and one can’t fit much stuff on a bicycle…and let’s not forget how costly it is to fix the bridges that have been neglected, but at least Peduto will be remembered for bike lanes.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-07-2022 at 03:39 PM..

Old 04-08-2022, 07:11 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,062,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
He's pointing out the ridiculous violence in certain neighborhoods. That's taboo for those who live in delusions.
OK, but will he pull a Biden and deliver rhetoric, or actually take measures that will be unpopular with a very vocal minority and deal with it a heavy hand, like legendary mayors have? so far, he's neutral, but we're waiting to see what really happens - just some lovely talk, maybe a lennon lyric thrown in, or action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh