Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 11:42 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,590,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
So he was a Nazi?

Yes. Nobody that young likes Michael Jordan that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2023, 11:56 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,100,664 times
Quote:
So he was a Nazi?
Esoteric occult stuff:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_eni...hulhu%20Mythos.

Old 03-27-2023, 11:58 AM

14,352 posts, read 17,015,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
The Venn diagram has a lot of overlap there.

He looks like he has some runes or some **** on his face behind the 23, but I can't see it clearly enough in the mugshot.

Old 03-27-2023, 12:00 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,590,030 times
It's not esoteric. It's a face tattoo. "W" is the 23rd letter of the alphabet. People who read Burroughs don't get face tattoos. Nazis who have been to prison or associate with people who have been to prison get face tattoos.

Old 03-27-2023, 12:04 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,100,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
It's not esoteric. It's a face tattoo. "W" is the 23rd letter of the alphabet. People who read Burroughs don't get face tattoos. Nazis who have been to prison or associate with people who have been to prison get face tattoos.
Possibly, the numbers usually associated with that are 88 though. He was involved in music and some of the songs/bands have highly suggestive titles/names.

Old 03-27-2023, 12:16 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
Quote:
The shooter's last name is Kislak. I'd be shocked if he isn't white.
Wholly crap, he is white. Sorry for the assumption, but at over 90%, one just stars assuming. Hope he gets life without parole regardless. Sucks that a productive member of society is dead. Can happen to anyone I guess.

Old 03-28-2023, 04:21 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Wholly crap, he is white. Sorry for the assumption, but at over 90%, one just stars assuming. Hope he gets life without parole regardless. Sucks that a productive member of society is dead. Can happen to anyone I guess.
The homicide on Banksville Road earlier this year was also one white guy gunning down another white guy in traffic.

Contrary to popular suburban alarmist belief on this sub-forum most Blacks kill other Blacks.
Contrary to popular social justice warriors of the East End belief on this sub-forum most whites kill other whites.

It is very rare for a white person to kill a Black person or vice-versa, especially in this city, for whatever reason. It could be that Blacks assume murdering a white person will garner more police investigation/resources, and, therefore, it isn't worth the risk for them to be apprehended by killing a white person. On the flip side it could be that whites assume murdering a Black person will be viewed as a "hate crime" (regardless of bias/motivation), and, therefore, whites stick to killing within their own race. It can also be that despite many of us thinking we have blended social circles most whites probably are friends with more whites than Blacks, and most Blacks are probably friends with more Blacks than whites.

I am out almost daily visibly picking up litter and cleaning vacant lots of illegal dumping. I am a white guy in a majority-Black neighborhood. Nobody (Black or white) has shown me hostility for doing this. Now, on the other hand, if I was a Black guy picking up litter in a majority-Black neighborhood? I might feel more threatened by others within the Black community around me. Generally speaking the whites in our neighborhood harass and get into fights/disputes with other whites. Same with Blacks with other Blacks. Whites and Blacks generally peacefully co-exist here. I've befriended numerous Black neighbors. This is why I'm hoping against all hope that as the neighborhood rises in stature and popularity in the coming years we can keep the neighborhood racially-blended via allowing developers to "Build, Baby, Build" here so Blacks don't get displaced by white yuppies and tech bros due to a scarcity of available rentals.

Getting back to the deceased cyclist from the suburbs in Bloomfield I would be curious to know what motivated this homicide. Was the assailant really just mentally ill and gunned down a passing cyclist at random? Did the cyclist yell at the murderer for "dooring" him with a car door prior to being gunned down? Was the murderer one of these WPXI Facebook types from Westmoreland County who threaten to run down cyclists with their F-150's? Did the cyclist happen to notice the face tattoo and confront the assailant about being a racist?

Old 03-28-2023, 06:11 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Getting back to the deceased cyclist from the suburbs in Bloomfield I would be curious to know what motivated this homicide. Was the assailant really just mentally ill and gunned down a passing cyclist at random? Did the cyclist yell at the murderer for "dooring" him with a car door prior to being gunned down? Was the murderer one of these WPXI Facebook types from Westmoreland County who threaten to run down cyclists with their F-150's? Did the cyclist happen to notice the face tattoo and confront the assailant about being a racist?
I am not sure if there was a trigger or not. I do know that bystanders/good samaritans made it possible for police to apprehend the crazy selfish idiot and he is in jail and hopefully will never see the light of day.

Cycling in the city is somewhat dangerous. I do my best just to avoid people in general. People get run over and sometimes shot. Look at the rollover crash at the Target in East Liberty that killed a pedestrian. I saw the tire marks and such and it is crazy. Must have been going pretty fast and obviously out of control, but when someone does that and kills someone, they have no heart. If you ride up through the zoo there are tire marks over the big curb and in the grass. I don't even know how that can happen, but glad I wasn't there when that idiot did that. Makes me want to stop cycling in the city, but it is in my blood I guess.

Old 03-28-2023, 12:53 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,467,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
When I see neck tattoos my first thought is `he`s either been in prison or he`s making plans to be in prison`.

Old 03-28-2023, 03:39 PM

14,352 posts, read 17,015,156 times
Just logged on Facebook, and one of my oldest friends in the city actually knows the murderer. He's apparently been active in "the scene" for years (was a regular at Belvederes, etc.) and had been putting creepy/disturbing stuff on social media for awhile.

Edit: This seems to be him. Surprising they haven't taken down his profile yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh