Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 04:03 PM

194 posts, read 85,685 times

Advertisements

Anybody else tired of the baby boomers still being in charge? This is the world they are leaving us. Constant refusal to do anything to leave the nation in better shape after they die. Won’t do anything to make it better. That’s why there hasn’t been a ban of assault rifles or more legislation to fix this.

To the xers, fellow millennials, gen z they are leaving us a big turd that needs somehow polished.

Please vote for younger people that believe in democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2023, 04:14 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailerman9192 View Post
Anybody else tired of the baby boomers still being in charge? This is the world they are leaving us. Constant refusal to do anything to leave the nation in better shape after they die. Won’t do anything to make it better. That’s why there hasn’t been a ban of assault rifles or more legislation to fix this.

To the xers, fellow millennials, gen z they are leaving us a big turd that needs somehow polished.

Please vote for younger people that believe in democracy.
Assault rifles were banned long ago. Enforce the gun laws that are in place and quit dumping the killers back onto the streets.

You keep blaming others for your shortcomings when you’re the one leaving yourself behind.

Old 03-28-2023, 05:14 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Just logged on Facebook, and one of my oldest friends in the city actually knows the murderer. He's apparently been active in "the scene" for years (was a regular at Belvederes, etc.) and had been putting creepy/disturbing stuff on social media for awhile.

Edit: This seems to be him. Surprising they haven't taken down his profile yet.
Looks like a lot of leftists follow him a lot. I actually know people that know him. All leftists in a big way. Interesting.

Old 03-28-2023, 05:17 PM

I think it is important to realize who the real victim is. He seems to be a wonderful productive person that one heck of a lot of people will miss. This isn't some gangbanger running away from police after a drive-by, this is a respected good person. His mural should be posted and the other pretenders taken down! We should honor good people not gun slingers.

https://www.wtae.com/article/alex-ye...ister/43445191

Old 03-28-2023, 05:30 PM

1,913 posts, read 740,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think it is important to realize who the real victim is. He seems to be a wonderful productive person that one heck of a lot of people will miss. This isn't some gangbanger running away from police after a drive-by, this is a respected good person. His mural should be posted and the other pretenders taken down! We should honor good people not gun slingers.

https://www.wtae.com/article/alex-ye...ister/43445191
Quote:
Yerkey said she and Alex grew up in Bethel Park, but he and his girlfriend recently moved to Bloomfield.
That was his mistake.

Last edited by Reggiezz; 03-28-2023 at 05:44 PM..

Old 03-28-2023, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
That was his mistake.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Bloomfield is a good area to cycle from in and around the city. He was wanting to do a good thing and clearly doing his best. Bethel Park isn't a good place to cycle around. I don't think we can say he made a mistake. He just was very unlucky to run into a crazy person who was ready to kill someone.

Old 03-28-2023, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Anybody else tired of the baby boomers still being in charge?
No, I am very tired of bigots like you. Do you have any idea what you sound like to an educated person like myself? Being prejudicial against an age group is EXACTLY the same as being racist or sexist. NO DIFFERENCE! GET IT? HELLO? Now read, lean and educate yourself. Get help from smart older people. I suggest older because they will know better than you on one heck of a lot of levels because they have LIFE experience.

I post this to help you and your bigotry. You are the same as a racist. Might as well go out and get a Swastika tattoo and be done with it. Get it? Yes, look in the mirror and realize who you really are. All are NOT welcome in your world. You are NOT a good person. YOU DON'T love thy neighbors. Hello?

Hope this helps. If not, you will be on your way to jail because you will be on the news because you murdered a bunch of people. Yep, that is how we all see you on here.

Old 03-28-2023, 06:48 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,042,525 times
Quote:
Looks like a lot of leftists follow him a lot. I actually know people that know him. All leftists in a big way. Interesting.
Again, the dude was apparently active in the local Punk community, so it's not surprising that he knew a lot of leftists. I don't really see political content in his public posts though. There's a fair amount of red flags in retrospect (him calling his soundcloud Psycho Luke for example), but this all just looked like normal edgy punk stuff.

This does seem totally, 100% random. Like the dude had a bad day and decided to shoot the guy on a whim. Could have been any of us really, which is what makes it so frightening.

Old 03-28-2023, 07:49 PM

194 posts, read 85,685 times
Quote:
No, I am very tired of bigots like you. Do you have any idea what you sound like to an educated person like myself? Being prejudicial against an age group is EXACTLY the same as being racist or sexist. NO DIFFERENCE! GET IT? HELLO? Now read, lean and educate yourself. Get help from smart older people. I suggest older because they will know better than you on one heck of a lot of levels because they have LIFE experience.

I post this to help you and your bigotry. You are the same as a racist. Might as well go out and get a Swastika tattoo and be done with it. Get it? Yes, look in the mirror and realize who you really are. All are NOT welcome in your world. You are NOT a good person. YOU DON'T love thy neighbors. Hello?

Hope this helps. If not, you will be on your way to jail because you will be on the news because you murdered a bunch of people. Yep, that is how we all see you on here.
The boomers are in charge and run the government. The boomers run the businesses. Even woke Disney has a boomer CEO over 70. They have 54 percent of the wealth in this country. The boomers are now the number 1 homebuyers in this country surpassing the millennials. This is happening on their watch. Instead of doing the right thing and providing better mental healthcare and halting further manufacturing of guns and ammo all they can offer is thoughts and prayers.

Thank a boomer for creating and leaving this mess. They are the generation of sociopaths.

Old 03-28-2023, 08:00 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
The boomers are in charge and run the government. The boomers run the businesses. Even woke Disney has a boomer CEO over 70. They have 54 percent of the wealth in this country. The boomers are now the number 1 homebuyers in this country surpassing the millennials. This is happening on their watch. Instead of doing the right thing and providing better mental healthcare and halting further manufacturing of guns and ammo all they can offer is thoughts and prayers.

Thank a boomer for creating and leaving this mess. They are the generation of sociopaths.
Lol. I learned plenty from Boomers and they certainly weren’t in my way to being successful.

Proof to being sociopaths?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh