Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 09:30 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailerman9192 View Post
The boomers are in charge and run the government. The boomers run the businesses. Even woke Disney has a boomer CEO over 70. They have 54 percent of the wealth in this country. The boomers are now the number 1 homebuyers in this country surpassing the millennials. This is happening on their watch. Instead of doing the right thing and providing better mental healthcare and halting further manufacturing of guns and ammo all they can offer is thoughts and prayers.

Thank a boomer for creating and leaving this mess. They are the generation of sociopaths.
This is silly. Every generation has control at some point. The boomers are the older wealthier bunch and worked hard. They will pass on an the Gen X will take over and so-on. You are under the impression that things will change. They might, but I suspect for the worse not the better. Do you feel the Gen X will do better? Gen Z? Millennials? Really? Fantasy land, nothing more. You need to work hard, not get things handed to you. Each generation gets weaker. The Gen X'ers know this. I am an X'er. I know I am not as strong as the gens before me. Why? I read history and understand my family tree. We have it too easy. We are brats. You are even worse. Maybe as you age and do some reading about real history, you will start to get how easy life is now. Turn off that ridiculous NPR and the like. Poison. Understand Columbus's travels for real. Losing half his crew and then the settlers are gone. Murdered? Disease? No one will ever know. People don't get it. Fake media is a joke. learn about your family and that history. If you have none, find someone that has real history to share.

I won't go on and on. I state my opinion and move on. I know people don't listen or care. I know I won't get through. I have to try though. Young people are being led by evil really. It is sad. They are taking away your life. Shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 01:16 AM

82 posts, read 30,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
so he was a nazi?
its da naaazzzziiiizz!

Old 03-29-2023, 02:38 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Assault rifles were banned long ago. Enforce the gun laws that are in place and quit dumping the killers back onto the streets.

You keep blaming others for your shortcomings when you’re the one leaving yourself behind.
Which laws aren`t being enforced? The ones that were designed to be unenforceable.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:58 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Could have been any of us really, which is what makes it so frightening.
There's been an increase in random violence recently throughout the city. I'm on edge.

I mean look at last year. Two women gunned down at a bus stop at Cedar Avenue because they were caught in the crossfire of two drug dealin' and/or gang-bangin' idiots.

The Brighton Heights funeral mass shooting had innocent bystanders injured.

Last week a woman gunned down in Homewood along with the man who was the actual intended target.

There was a shooting amongst teens in Marshall-Shadeland last August in which innocent bystanders had to duck and reported stray bullets "whizzing by them".

Now this cyclist in Bloomfield who was gunned down at random simply because the unchecked mentally ill are roaming around the city with no available resources to assist them.

Don't worry. On Friday afternoon the mayor is having some sort of thoughts and prayers type of rally in Homewood. That should fix everything. I am hopeful everyone who voted for Gainey is pleased with their decision. I voted for Peduto because despite seeming like a pompous, elitist arse he was actually moving the city at-large in the correct direction based upon the trends I was observing. The only ones who hated Peduto were suburbanites/exurbanites who hated bike lanes and East Enders who hate the police. We would have a new police chief by now if Peduto was still mayor, and we wouldn't have to worry about potentially only having 700 officers out of a budgeted 900 by 2025 if Peduto was in charge.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:01 AM

194 posts, read 85,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
This is silly. Every generation has control at some point. The boomers are the older wealthier bunch and worked hard. They will pass on an the Gen X will take over and so-on. You are under the impression that things will change. They might, but I suspect for the worse not the better. Do you feel the Gen X will do better? Gen Z? Millennials? Really? Fantasy land, nothing more. You need to work hard, not get things handed to you. Each generation gets weaker. The Gen X'ers know this. I am an X'er. I know I am not as strong as the gens before me. Why? I read history and understand my family tree. We have it too easy. We are brats. You are even worse. Maybe as you age and do some reading about real history, you will start to get how easy life is now. Turn off that ridiculous NPR and the like. Poison. Understand Columbus's travels for real. Losing half his crew and then the settlers are gone. Murdered? Disease? No one will ever know. People don't get it. Fake media is a joke. learn about your family and that history. If you have none, find someone that has real history to share.

I won't go on and on. I state my opinion and move on. I know people don't listen or care. I know I won't get through. I have to try though. Young people are being led by evil really. It is sad. They are taking away your life. Shame.
Except I am right and most X’ers and younger see it. The mass shootings started to become prominent under a boomer president. And it has continued under the boomer presidents that followed and now a silent generation president that is the oldest of the bunch. All these folks offer is thoughts and prayers. That is weakness for sure.

You have said many times people are weaker and we are getting worse. The boomers have had total control of business and government under this transformation for the better part of 30 plus years and going. Real changing legislation isn’t going to get passed and this country isn’t going to start to get better until they die off and become irrelevant.

The boomers have been in control too long, are great in numbers and will never let go. They are a tone deaf long out of touch group that is leaving this country in worse shape for the generations that follow. They aren’t going to be remembered well.

They are going to be remembered for allowing a flood of guns and random shootings or acts of violence to be the norm of American society.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:38 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,901,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Now this cyclist in Bloomfield who was gunned down at random simply because the unchecked mentally ill are roaming around the city with no available resources to assist them.
The state hospitals need to be reopened, and some people need to be sent there involuntarily.
The mental health system in this country is a bipartisan failure: conservatives dont want to pay for it, and the bleeding hearts dont want to hurt the feelings of anyone who is suffering from mental illness.

Old 03-29-2023, 05:28 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
The state hospitals need to be reopened, and some people need to be sent there involuntarily.
The mental health system in this country is a bipartisan failure: conservatives dont want to pay for it, and the bleeding hearts dont want to hurt the feelings of anyone who is suffering from mental illness.
To quote the most prolific regular on this sub-forum, "Bingo".

Old 03-29-2023, 07:14 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Which laws aren`t being enforced? The ones that were designed to be unenforceable.
Nah, soft on crime political figures that keep dumping the violent losers back on the streets. Just one of many articles addressing it.

https://www.bxtimes.com/vernuccio-column/

Old 03-29-2023, 07:18 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,700,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailerman9192 View Post
Except I am right and most X’ers and younger see it. .
You lost me right there. Then again aren't you always right? And your despise for anyone approaching retirement or beyond is really concerning. You need to be more thankful. There's a lot of issues there..

Just my two cents. I love old people. I learn from them, respect them and want to hear them.

Old 03-29-2023, 07:28 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
You lost me right there. Then again aren't you always right? And your despise for anyone approaching retirement or beyond is really concerning. You need to be more thankful. There's a lot of issues there..

Just my two cents. I love old people. I learn from them, respect them and want to hear them.
Bingo…folks blaming others and crying entitlement will remain low on the totem pole versus taking initiative to better their situation, especially waiting for someone to retire and hoping they get that job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh