Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 11:22 AM

194 posts, read 85,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Saw the below quote on social media, blame the Repugs for running a **** candidate. Fetterman will either sink or swim, if he does a bad job there's always the next election. But this is spot on:

"Actually its a embarrassment to the republican party. He did very little campaigning from the basement and still beat Oz. What's that have to say bout the republican party? Better start running on something besides fear and lies"

Mastriano got trounced too. PA doesn't want MAGA candidates. GTFO with that tired crap, the R party as we know it is in shambles and better get with the times.
Just like Joe Biden sat in his basement and barely campaigned and won. While the beloved Trump was holding huge rallies.

The 2022 midterms did it for me. Covid wiped out a lot of these voters in 2021 and they were smaller in size to begin with. The GOP is the party of the baby boomers. How they grew up is what they want this country to remain. It’s far too late. The demographic changes and population declines are set in stone. Can’t undo births that happened or didn’t happen over the last 30 years.

And everything that people like Erieguy and GG complain about has evolved with one generation of people in charge. They had the power to change, fix or manipulate long ago. It’s far too late. The boomers only cared about then and now lining pockets and making money. They didn’t look to the future. The future is here and many don’t like it. So they are just complaining about themselves. They offered thoughts and prayers and how it ended up is what you got now.

Old 04-20-2023, 11:54 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailerman9192 View Post
Just like Joe Biden sat in his basement and barely campaigned and won. While the beloved Trump was holding huge rallies.

The 2022 midterms did it for me. Covid wiped out a lot of these voters in 2021 and they were smaller in size to begin with. The GOP is the party of the baby boomers. How they grew up is what they want this country to remain. It’s far too late. The demographic changes and population declines are set in stone. Can’t undo births that happened or didn’t happen over the last 30 years.

And everything that people like Erieguy and GG complain about has evolved with one generation of people in charge. They had the power to change, fix or manipulate long ago. It’s far too late. The boomers only cared about then and now lining pockets and making money. They didn’t look to the future. The future is here and many don’t like it. So they are just complaining about themselves. They offered thoughts and prayers and how it ended up is what you got now.
Lol. And we’ve seen the current of voting with hurt feelings, and said well before he won I was glad my financial status didn’t depend on him.

I saw the consequences of shutting it down and living in fear well ahead of time as I lined my pockets very well…and hilarious how you still cry about Boomers while there’s not only less of them, you still complain about being able to making a living with even less of them.

Old 04-20-2023, 05:23 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,673,235 times
Quote:

This comment made me stop and think about how true this comment is. I'm right in the middle of the Baby Boom generation. I became a registered Republican when it was the party of business, free trade, competitive markets, and educated people. I'm still a registered Republican, but would never consider voting for people like Trump, Mastriano, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Kari Lake, Jim Jordan, Scott Perry. Matt Gaetz, Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar, etc. These people have hijacked the party and the party is the opposite of what it was when I registered.

I agree that many of the Baby Boomers fit your description, but these tend to be the blue collar, minimal education, single issue type white males who can easily be brainwashed by people like Trump, Carlson, and Hannity.Many of these guys became disenchanted when they lost jobs later in their careers when they thought they could coast to retirement. They needed someone to blame and easy solutions to their problems.

Old 04-20-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
This comment made me stop and think about how true this comment is. I'm right in the middle of the Baby Boom generation. I became a registered Republican when it was the party of business, free trade, competitive markets, and educated people. I'm still a registered Republican, but would never consider voting for people like Trump, Mastriano, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Kari Lake, Jim Jordan, Scott Perry. Matt Gaetz, Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar, etc. These people have hijacked the party and the party is the opposite of what it was when I registered.

I agree that many of the Baby Boomers fit your description, but these tend to be the blue collar, minimal education, single issue type white males who can easily be brainwashed by people like Trump, Carlson, and Hannity.Many of these guys became disenchanted when they lost jobs later in their careers when they thought they could coast to retirement. They needed someone to blame and easy solutions to their problems.
Well this is certainly the opposite of those that are blaming meanie Boomers from keeping them from making a living, especially since Boomers are a hUUUge part of the workforce, and they claim that all Noomers hold wealth…and the easily brainwashed claim is great stuff. It’s hilarious how folks are still so obsessed with because Trump and constantly blame him for their problems while sOOO many of us have done so well with him at the helm…and it’s especially interesting as the current regime continues with their countless debacles with skyrocketing Bidenflation that hasn’t been seen in 40+ years, and war which has sent so much money out of the country, with huge amounts of repossessed and folks being unable to pay their bills, but it’s always because Trump for their problems, lol…and you’re not voting for any Republicans. You still clamor for vaccine mandates and condoned shutting it down and living in fear which has resulted in huge consequences…but Boomers, meanie Republicans, and because Trump, lol.

Old 04-20-2023, 06:52 PM

And then there’s these clowns setting a fire and blocking streets. Free speech only when we say so, lol

https://www.wesa.fm/education/2023-0...dentity-debate

Old 04-20-2023, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post

It’s not all boomers but many do vote that way. And unfortunately I know educated boomers and some young folks that have been brainwashed by trump. Regardless it is a large generation of now older folks. A generation that has had more money and prosperity than any generation prior. A generation that has yielded its power in government and ceos of business for the better part of 30 plus years now. Quite frankly that was unheard of until the baby boomers have come of age and are now the elderly. And they are still in charge and have most of the money and wealth. Term limits weren’t an issue before because no generation was this large to hold power and money for this long.

A lot of the things complained about on here by people like Erieguy and GG do need to change. But a lot of the changes that need to happen are going to be unpopular with those same folks complaining. The changes needed in some aspects are going to have to be bold swift and seismic. The second amendment needs revised. Along with a few other amendments. And new ones should be created.

But that is not going to come from the baby boomers who still control a majority of the wealth, run a majority of companies and run most federal state and local offices. This isn’t the same country as what it was 40 years ago or back when the constitution was ratified. Technology has evolved and changed greatly. The country is more diverse now than ever. The constitution should be looked at and revised where needed to reflect the current needs, safety, and future population.

It needs to happen, but all we are going to get as inaction and empty platitudes “thoughts and prayers” until the generations after finally get their shot and have their voice heard and power to change things.

Old 04-20-2023, 07:06 PM

Quote:
It’s not all boomers but many do vote that way. And unfortunately I know educated boomers and some young folks that have been brainwashed by trump. Regardless it is a large generation of now older folks. A generation that has had more money and prosperity than any generation prior. A generation that has yielded its power in government and ceos of business for the better part of 30 plus years now. Quite frankly that was unheard of until the baby boomers have come of age and are now the elderly. And they are still in charge and have most of the money and wealth. Term limits weren’t an issue before because no generation was this large to hold power and money for this long.

A lot of the things complained about on here by people like Erieguy and GG do need to change. But a lot of the changes that need to happen are going to be unpopular with those same folks complaining. The changes needed in some aspects are going to have to be bold swift and seismic. The second amendment needs revised. Along with a few other amendments. And new ones should be created.

But that is not going to come from the baby boomers who still control a majority of the wealth, run a majority of companies and run most federal state and local offices. This isn’t the same country as what it was 40 years ago or back when the constitution was ratified. Technology has evolved and changed greatly. The country is more diverse now than ever. The constitution should be looked at and revised where needed to reflect the current needs, safety, and future population.

It needs to happen, but all we are going to get as inaction and empty platitudes “thoughts and prayers” until the generations after finally get their shot and have their voice heard and power to change things.
It’s funny how your disdain for Boomers makes you unable to comprehend that they’ve had more time to acquire wealth, and that wealth gets handed down to younger generations. Where are the young folks at that you say are going to save the country?

Lol. Jealousy of wealth is great stuff. Making oneself more valuable and having the fortitude to do so, along with a work ethic can certainly produce wealth…though staying in lousy low income areas waiting for 60+ year old folks to retire and crying entitlement and thinking that’s going to produce wealth is as hilarious as it is ridiculous, especially for someone in their 40’s.

And the less that folks want to work, the more technology that will come to be. Folks don’t want to work, solutions to those voids will be made without them.

Old 04-20-2023, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’s funny how your disdain for Boomers makes you unable to comprehend that they’ve had more time to acquire wealth, and that wealth gets handed down to younger generations. Where are the young folks at that you say are going to save the country?

Lol. Jealousy of wealth is great stuff. Making oneself more valuable and having the fortitude to do so, along with a work ethic can certainly produce wealth…though staying in lousy low income areas waiting for 60+ year old folks to retire and crying entitlement and thinking that’s going to produce wealth is as hilarious as it is ridiculous, especially for someone in their 40’s.

And the less that folks want to work, the more technology that will come to be. Folks don’t want to work, solutions to those voids will be made without them.
But nothing is going to change for the better with the boomers in charge. Everything you complain about can get better. There certainly are amendments that need revised. None of that is going to come with these people in power. Will complain ad nauseam. They have the power to change it but won’t.

Im not jealous. I’d just like more than thoughts and prayers. Life isn’t fair, but the oldest generation isn’t going to leave things better for those that come after. I just see it as a generation of majority sociopaths. Never really had an unpleasant moment and were born on third base when they think they worked so hard and hit a homerun in life.

It’s going to change. I just hope you live long enough to see it.

Old 04-20-2023, 08:58 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,935 times
Life isn't fair is correct, and things are just out of your control sometimes. Thing to not forget though is having more $ or achieving more doesn't also always mean smarter. You can be smarter than most but you still need an opportunity which not everyone gets.

Old 04-20-2023, 09:02 PM

Quote:
But nothing is going to change for the better with the boomers in charge. Everything you complain about can get better. There certainly are amendments that need revised. None of that is going to come with these people in power. Will complain ad nauseam. They have the power to change it but won’t.

Im not jealous. I’d just like more than thoughts and prayers. Life isn’t fair, but the oldest generation isn’t going to leave things better for those that come after. I just see it as a generation of majority sociopaths. Never really had an unpleasant moment and were born on third base when they think they worked so hard and hit a homerun in life.

It’s going to change. I just hope you live long enough to see it.
Lol. I’m not the one complaining, you are, and it’s never going change for folks like yourself that constantly blame others and make excuses for shortcomings.

You blame Boomers for leaving the workforce by the millions.

You blame 7 million men for leaving the workforce.

Then you blame more Boomers for not retiring.

You ignore that millions of younger folks have left the workforce.

You ignore that there’s hUUUge amounts of jobs available but younger folks don’t want them, and complain that Boomers do.

You complain about a 63 year old man not retiring so you can get his job. Your contradictions are as hilarious as they are ridiculous.

Thoughts and prayers aren’t needed. There’s a huge amount of folks that do great for themselves from all generations. You see it as a generation of majority sociopaths because you don’t have what they do and think you’re entitled to what they have, and your recipe for wealth is waiting for a 63 year old man to retire to get his job versus pursuing sOOO many available jobs.

It won’t change for folks like yourself, and especially those who have no interest in working or bettering themselves to begin with. The next generation of entitled folks will be waiting for you to retire.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-20-2023 at 09:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh