Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 08:00 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,625 times

Advertisements

this is too great

can't tell you how many times i've seen peduto at cappy's - always in the same spot by the wall

New details in physical incident involving Bill Peduto at Shadyside bar

https://www.audacy.com/kdkaradio/new...-peduto-at-bar

"A police report says Peduto was at Cappy's Cafe Saturday night when a group of people walked over to him and started insulting him.

A bartender says the ex-mayor pushed one of the men who then pushed Peduto to the ground inside the bar.

The bartender said he pulled a man off of Peduto and threw him out of the bar and the incident moved to the street.

An officer says Peduto was intoxicated and slurring his words.

In a statement, Public Safety said neither of the men "wanted to pursue charges and both refused medical attention.”

The Big K Morning Show’s Marty Griffin posted the incident report on Facebook."

Old 04-03-2023, 08:04 AM

peduto probably saw the CBS interview with fetterman and got so depressed that he went on a major bender

inside he was lamenting "i should be the US senator from pennsylvania, not that mentally deranged freak!!!!"

Old 04-03-2023, 08:15 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Sounds like he met some real a-holes. Nothing wrong with just having a few at your local watering hole. Seems to me he was being verbally assaulted by a group of losers and if they were close enough for him to push them away, then they were too close. He isn't the mayor anymore. Let the old man be. Sort of wish I was there. I don't like bullies.

Old 04-06-2023, 08:20 PM

take this in context - this is coming from a shady side academy ivy league white dude - my pronouns are he/him

‘Judge us on our actions’: Gainey touts efforts to make Downtown cleaner and safer

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/202304060123

“We are living up to what we said
we would do,” he said.
“We said we would increase patrols.
We’ve done it.
We said that
we would start cleaning more of Downtown.
We’ve done that. And putting more personnel Downtown to ensure that
we’re doing the cleaning.

“I said in the beginning, judge us on our actions. Are
we there yet? No
we are not.
We still got a lot of work to do. But in terms of improving and making the necessary changes that’s going to make Downtown safe,
we’ve done that and
we will continue to work to do that. But it’s going to take all of us.”

Old 04-06-2023, 08:23 PM

Sister Sledge - We Are Family (Official Music Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyGY2NfYpeE

Old 04-06-2023, 08:37 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
take this in context - this is coming from a shady side academy ivy league white dude - my pronouns are he/him

‘Judge us on our actions’: Gainey touts efforts to make Downtown cleaner and safer

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/202304060123

“We are living up to what we said
we would do,” he said.
“We said we would increase patrols.
We’ve done it.
We said that
we would start cleaning more of Downtown.
We’ve done that. And putting more personnel Downtown to ensure that
we’re doing the cleaning.

“I said in the beginning, judge us on our actions. Are
we there yet? No
we are not.
We still got a lot of work to do. But in terms of improving and making the necessary changes that’s going to make Downtown safe,
we’ve done that and
we will continue to work to do that. But it’s going to take all of us.”
Warm weather coming. Desperate ploy to get folks downtown and try to get business owners to buy into it while seeing others leave due to the constant violence.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-06-2023 at 08:45 PM..

Old 04-06-2023, 08:59 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,959,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
Sister Sledge - We Are Family (Official Music Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyGY2NfYpeE
My mother has 5 sisters and each one was just as pretty as the next. I was about 4 or 5 when this song was popular. I thought this song was made for my family and the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Old 04-07-2023, 03:08 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Warm weather coming. Desperate ploy to get folks downtown and try to get business owners to buy into it while seeing others leave due to the constant violence.
Doing his job is a "desperate ploy"?

Old 04-07-2023, 08:10 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Doing his job is a "desperate ploy"?
Big Ed does a lot of talking. Results are what matters.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:54 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,699,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
My mother has 5 sisters and each one was just as pretty as the next. I was about 4 or 5 when this song was popular. I thought this song was made for my family and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
If memory serves me correctly, this tune was written and produced by Chic's Nile Rodgers. Great song then and great song now. Has become a standard at wedding receptions as well. Sad, this was 44 years ago. The last time the Pirates were in the world series. Long live Pops Stargell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh