Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 03:29 PM

94 posts, read 422,837 times

Advertisements

Yeah, in the summer months Pittsburgh is in par with the majority of the Country, December and Jan is where Pittsbugh takes a HUGE hit and is far below the other averages. Those two months really skew the overall % too.

From my travels, San Diego sticks out the most to me. It seemed like it was "sunny" everyday there.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:02 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,073,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReason View Post
I can appreciate what you're saying.

But in your orginial argument you said that Pittsburgh was the 2nd most overcast major city in the country behind Seattle... and that is far from the truth.

I posted facts from a government study that confirms my statement.
I said "MAJOR METRO AREAS"! And I stand behind the stat I seen. I'm not talking about some town in Alaska or elsewhere, I was talking about cities that are listed as "major metros".

Old 02-16-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReason View Post
Yeah, in the summer months Pittsburgh is in par with the majority of the Country, December and Jan is where Pittsbugh takes a HUGE hit and is far below the other averages. Those two months really skew the overall % too.

From my travels, San Diego sticks out the most to me. It seemed like it was "sunny" everyday there.
You can include just about the WHOLE West in that regard (with the exception of the Pacific Northwest of course). Most of the West is desert, whether it's high or low.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Another interesting thing I found in that study, in the months of July - August - September, the sunshine percentage in Pensacola Florida and Pittsbugh is about the same, but they have a big advantage in most of the other months.
Again, Pensacola is NOT a "MAJOR METRO"! I hope you understand the difference.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:00 PM

439 posts, read 1,474,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Again, Pensacola is NOT a "MAJOR METRO"! I hope you understand the difference.
What is your problem?

I wasn't even responding to you but stating something intersting I found in the data and how Pittsburgh relates to an area of the country that is/would be considered very sunny.

Anyways, the data for Pittsburgh and New Orleans are about the same for July - Aug - Sept, is that a major enough metro area for you

Old 02-16-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
What is your problem?

I wasn't even responding to you but stating something intersting I found in the data and how Pittsburgh relates to an area of the country that is/would be considered very sunny.

Anyways, the data for Pittsburgh and New Orleans are about the same for July - Aug - Sept, is that a major enough metro area for you
I had enough, I give up. Now we are trying to compare summertime "sunshine"? Pittsburgh is SECOND to Phoenix in "sunshine"! Ok, now everybody can be happy! He can move to Pittsburgh, and load up on sunblock and sunglasses.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 PM

439 posts, read 1,474,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
I had enough, I give up. Now we are trying to compare summertime "sunshine"? Pittsburgh is SECOND to Phoenix in "sunshine"! Ok, now everybody can be happy! He can move to Pittsburgh, and load up on sunblock and sunglasses.
Sure, and what is wrong with that? He wants to know what it is like in Pittsburgh and I am telling him what it is like in the summer. I don't care if they move here or not. I am just giving him realistic information.

Since when was this your thread anyways?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Sure, and what is wrong with that? He wants to know what it is like in Pittsburgh and I am telling him what it is like in the summer. I don't care if they move here or not. I am just giving him realistic information.

Since when was this your thread anyways?
I bet Seattle has MORE all clear blue skies during the summer than Pittsburgh does. Not to mention more comfortable temps along with lower humidity. I don't think the OP was worried about the summertime.

I bought the thread, so it's MINE ALL MINE!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:07 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
2 options here:
a) argue pointlessly to no end
b) agree to disagree.
Please choose the correct one
Yac.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:02 AM

9 posts, read 33,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicknpotpie View Post
Is it true that pittsburgh weather is gloomy? The reason I didn't want to move to seattle is the reputed lack of sunshine. I really like sunshine. Can anyone describe how bad it is in pittsburgh?
You know, I think it's all relative to where you're from, or have lived in the past. For example: I'm from the UK, where it's cloudy and rainy and gloomy pretty consistently throughout the year. By comparison, Pittsburgh feels positively radiant with sunshine. I mean sure, it's not Yuma AZ or anything, but it's certainly not the grayest place in the world, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh