Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I wouldn't want the past administration to have any power
to do anything - knock on wood

What specific things are going on in MMS today? As stated
the charges are from years past. I don't know if they are a clean agency today...

I'm sure this is just lip service, but here you go:
Opposing view on the BP oil spill: We're cleaning up MMS - USATODAY.com
Here..this may prove an eye opener..it did to me.

The Spill, The Scandal and the President | Rolling Stone Politics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 12:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I see you are intent on hanging Cheney for this spill.
You bypassed my earlier post with this question for you:

What criminal act did he do ?
I would say no more than those MMS folks that inked over penciled-in inspection reports on the oil rigs.

Or do they get a free pass because they are part of a Dem administration ?
He used a government elected office for personal gain!

Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here..this may prove an eye opener..it did to me.

The Spill, The Scandal and the President | Rolling Stone Politics
The point of this entire article is that Obama didn't fix the mess Bush left him fast enough.

What year was the Deep water Horizon well built?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
He used a government elected office for personal gain!
It has to be a provable crime..not a matter of opinion.
It's been over 1 year and no charges have been filed.

You will probably never get your revenge so better to just leave the past in the past and move on. Grudges just fester over the years.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Again, I did nothing of the sort. You asked why this wasn't "Obama's Katrina" and I gave you 100% factual answers as to why it wasn't. I've also made zero mention of Bush's involvement in this current disaster, so your claim that I'm "pointing fingers at GWB" is about as asinine as you can get.

Because that isn't what you asked for.
Your entire premise was intended to point out that Bush was culpable in the Katrina disaster response, but none of that culpability can be assigned to Obama in the oil spill response.

What's asinine is your attempt to tap dance around your own words when you know exactly what you were trying to achieve: Bush is a moron, Obama is not.

Now that we've got that out of the way: When are you going to step up to the plate and acknowledge that Barack Obama/Ken Salazar/MMS are complicit in this ordeal?

We'll be waiting.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:42 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Your entire premise was intended to point out that Bush was culpable in the Katrina disaster response, but none of that culpability can be assigned to Obama in the oil spill response.

What's asinine is your attempt to tap dance around your own words when you know exactly what you were trying to achieve: Bush is a moron, Obama is not.
There is no tap dancing. I gave you exactly what you asked for.

Quote:
I defy any person, liberal, conservative, or moderate, to provide good rationale as to why this is not "Obama's Katrina."

I'm looking for good, reasoned, rationale. Do you have any?

Quote:
Now that we've got that out of the way: When are you going to step up to the plate and acknowledge that Barack Obama/Ken Salazar/MMS are complicit in this ordeal?

We'll be waiting.
That's not what you asked for, so why are you changing rules in the middle of the game? Wouldn't that be a prime example of tap dancing?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:44 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
There is no tap dancing. I gave you exactly what you asked for.

That's not what you asked for, so why are you changing rules in the middle of the game? Wouldn't that be a prime example of tap dancing?
Actually, I think the fallacy is called "moving the goal posts."

Old 06-11-2010, 01:46 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The point of this entire article is that Obama didn't fix the mess Bush left him fast enough.

What year was the Deep water Horizon well built?
if memory serves, the article points out that Obama approved DWH about 2 months into his presidency.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:58 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,722 times
Quote:
I defy any person, liberal, conservative, or moderate, to provide good rationale as to why this is not "Obama's Katrina."

I'm looking for good, reasoned, rationale. Do you have any?
You're right. As a Democrat, there is no way I can say in good conscience that he has acted in an authorative manner since this started. He did not cause the spill, I do not believe he is culpable in the lax policies which led to the disaster - BUT - he has been a let-down in the aftermath.

His inexperience - the one thing I worried about at the Democratic Primary - is on display. His crude remark on the Today Show was unwarranted - and rather than coming off like a tough guy, he came off as an insolent teen. It was very unnecessary and very unprofessional.

His lack of a well-rounded, mature, inner circle that he can rely on and follow the advice of is glaringly apparent throughout this fiasco.

I am still a Democrat - but I will not defend him in this particular case. I can't. Hopefully he will pull himself together shortly and get some good sound bytes and action plans out there.

Last edited by cokatie; 06-11-2010 at 02:11 PM..

Old 06-11-2010, 02:04 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Actually, I think the fallacy is called "moving the goal posts."
Ahhh, you're right. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies