Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 08:19 PM

117 posts, read 218,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It can be equally noted that those who are most outraged by the forfeiture for the bill, are those that would be able to collect more money from the tax payer's accounts payable if it had passed?
I take it, you didn't mind this account bail-ing out the banks,

or paying for a war;

Just the unemployed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 08:19 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,656,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I have a clue and I was prepared for it. I don't need granite counter tops or stainless steel apliances to be happy. heck I don't even have TV. it's a new world and I can deal with it. live like me and you'l be ok and stop hitting yourself on the head it can cause brain damage.

Imagine that, I dont have any of that either! Its amazing! I'm happy for you that you bought such a cheap house, Most people were not this lucky.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:21 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
I have a clue and I was prepared for it. I don't need granite counter tops or stainless steel apliances to be happy. heck I don't even have TV. it's a new world and I can deal with it. live like me and you'l be ok and stop hitting yourself on the head it can cause brain damage.

People who buy those things do so because they can easily afford it. It'd be pretty sad if these people who are at risk of losing their homes have those things. Well, not so sad. I'd like to thank them for giving more than they can afford to our capitalist pockets.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:25 PM

117 posts, read 218,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
Imagine that, I dont have any of that either! Its amazing! I'm happy for you that you bought such a cheap house, Most people were not this lucky.
Agree!

I can't even find a minimum wage job;

Seems they are hiring the wrong ones!! With or Without a Degree!!

Old 06-26-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmarabianz View Post
I take it, you didn't mind this account bail-ing out the banks,

or paying for a war;

Just the unemployed.

The War (by that I mean Iraq), I definitely did mind. I hate the commander in chief decisions made around that war.

Regarding banks, why would I, as a tax payer mind that? That would make no sense.

Also, regarding the unemployed... I'm not so sure I'm against the bill. I just prefer other measures of job creation. This bandaid approachh of UI us onlyyy good for so lonng.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:29 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Quote:
I bought what I could afford over the long term. It's called common sense in the old days. and stop hitting yourself in the head it can cause brain damage.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:30 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It can be equally noted that those who are most outraged by the forfeiture for the bill, are those that would be able to collect more money from the tax payer's accounts payable if it had passed?
fwiw - the unemployed are ALSO taxpayers

Old 06-26-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
fwiw - the unemployed are ALSO taxpayers

Yea, but by the looks of it, they aren't going to be the ones paying off AP. Looks like it will be a couple generations forward.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:34 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,656,898 times
Quote:
I bought what I could afford over the long term. It's called common sense in the old days. and stop hitting yourself in the head it can cause brain damage.
Imagine that, I also bought what I could afford, But dont come in here telling people they are slackers because they want a job that will make their house payments and for the most part that is not a $10 an hour job!

Old 06-26-2010, 08:45 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Quote:
Imagine that, I also bought what I could afford, But dont come in here telling people they are slackers because they want a job that will make their house payments and for the most part that is not a $10 an hour job!
don't say I didn't warn you brain damage is not good. live like me and you will be OK. welcome to the new America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies