Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:22 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times

Advertisements

Yea... I'm hoping it's improving everywhere else as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 01:30 AM

40 posts, read 73,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
And don't tell me that I need to move. I'm tired of this. I went to college and got my degree, I stabilized myself in a career that our government took from me. While our dems and repubs fight each other like a bunch of spoiled brats, while our governments signed away our jobs to other countries while allowing our high end jobs to be taken by foreign students that moved here. This is beyond sick.

We have a fight for illegal immigrants to have benefits and jobs here, ILLEGAL.. we have jobs sent out to foreign countries, we have Asian/India students moving in by the droves to take all our tech jobs and we have a government that took us into a recession and is now calling unemployed ex workers "lazy" because they screwed us and supported other countries with our money, spent it for themselves, sent us in debt.

I'm tired of you people blaming those who are at no fault of their own for not being able to find work. lets not even get into companies NOT hiring unemployed workers.

Don't tell me there's slightly more jobs. Or that i have to pick up and move to find them because our government is too busy handing our money hand and foot to other countries.

You think I'm lazy, because you're a job recruiter? That i have to just forget my debt and do what I can to find a Job in America? Get real!

Old 06-26-2010, 01:45 AM

59 posts, read 250,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
glad I was self employed when things crashed.I can not collect UI so i have to hussle and take crappy jobs to survive and I am. I got the work other Americans won't do. My buddy on UI makes the same as me but mine ain't ending his is and he cant have my job. get with it and realize things will never be the same again. lower your standards and survive. I paid into UI for 30 years before becoming self employed and it dont count it's gone and so is yours. there is work out there the Durango Herald has 67 help wanted ads today, not bad for a small city in SW colorado. no sympathy here

I like how people like you come to these forums and use your circumstances as an example as to how every single one of us long term unemployed people can survive without an extension. Frankly most of us don't have the same trade skill as you, many of us are not self employed, many of us don't live anywhere near your area, and many of us can barely get by with what unemployment gives us yet we're supposed to pick up a job that makes even less and be okay?

Maybe when you get old enough to collect social securities, you should denounce that right. You seem to do fine picking up odd jobs.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allensays View Post
And don't tell me that I need to move.
I wasn't going to say to... I was just clarifying why I think I'm seeing improvement.

Quote:
...while allowing our high end jobs to be taken by foreign students that moved here. This is beyond sick.

...we have Asian/India students moving in by the droves to take all our tech jobs
This is hypocritical of Americans. America is a country to provide the "American Dream" to (legal) immigrants. This is well justified by our roots. Foreigners are coming here for the same reason they did in the 1900's, 1800's, 1700's etc. At one point, you or your ancestors were foreigners coming here for a better life. It is the American way to be open to that. And you can't blame the foreigners for looking for a better life.

Quote:
I'm tired of you people blaming those who are at no fault of their own for not being able to find work.
I'm not blaming you. I work for people like you.

Quote:
Don't tell me there's slightly more jobs. Or that i have to pick up and move to find them because our government is too busy handing our money hand and foot to other countries.
Listen, I'm not telling you to do anything. But since you bring it up, it's not unusual for people to move to find work. Ever heard of the gold rush? Or the Oregon Trail? It's in America's roots. Times aren't always easy. Stop thinking that you'll always have convenience. Because you will not. Neither will I. We're all in this together.

Quote:
You think I'm lazy, because you're a job recruiter? That i have to just forget my debt and do what I can to find a Job in America? Get real!
I am not a job recruiter. A job recruiter works for an employer. I don't work for an employer. I work for the person looking for the job. This is differentiated mainly by the fact that I take no money from the employer. No finders fee. Nothing.

Finally, I'm on this board to help. I never called you or anyone lazy. I, too, lost my day job (May, 2010). This job placement thing was something that I started on the side. I have one other business (software consulting) that I also run on the side. Besides these businesses, I'm unemployed just like you.

Further, you have one up on me, because you have a bachelors degree. So how do you think the rest of us without 4-year degrees feel? We're in a worse place than you.

Last edited by NJBest; 06-26-2010 at 03:11 AM..

Old 06-26-2010, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronethanh View Post

Maybe when you get old enough to collect social securities, you should denounce that right. You seem to do fine picking up odd jobs.

That makes no sense. He pays twice as much as you (percentage wise) into social security and you're saying he should denounce it? I'm sure he's prefer not to pay into it if he had a choice. But he has to, by law. Asking him or anyone else to not collect social security when retiring makes no sense. You aren't being practical with this one.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:20 PM

478 posts, read 1,750,110 times
Nothing new about republicans blocking unemployment bills..they been doing it for years.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:52 PM

306 posts, read 605,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo2009 View Post
Nothing new about republicans blocking unemployment bills..they been doing it for years.

And my best guess is that they will continue to do so....Why don't you try applying out of state and see what happens. Who knows, it may open new doors for some of you.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:54 PM

306 posts, read 605,645 times
Try going to www.indeed.com. It's a great site for jobs, it pulls multiple sites and companies together into one site so you don't have to look all over gods creation for jobs.

Check it out and let me know what ya think..

Old 06-26-2010, 03:34 PM

11,305 posts, read 18,899,294 times
I've been using indeed.com a lot, I highly second recommending it.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:25 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronethanh View Post
I like how people like you come to these forums and use your circumstances as an example as to how every single one of us long term unemployed people can survive without an extension. Frankly most of us don't have the same trade skill as you, many of us are not self employed, many of us don't live anywhere near your area, and many of us can barely get by with what unemployment gives us yet we're supposed to pick up a job that makes even less and be okay?

well to bad for you get a low paying job and deal with it.the party is over live on what you can make. I have always prepared for the future .I live in a 116 year old house that I can easily pay for on 10 bucks an hour. plus I have enough food to last 3 years. why should I pay for anyone's expenses while they sit at home whining they cant find work. deal with it the gov ain't gonna bail you out forever . Moderator cut: Please, no name calling, bashing or inappropriate language.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-02-2010 at 03:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies