Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Montana GOP says homosexuality should be illegal. Do you agree?
Yes 14 12.28%
No 100 87.72%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:59 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
So, sex between a man and a woman who are using birth control:

A. Does not have the potential to create life.
B. Creates nothing.
C. Is neutral.
D. Is stagnation.

So would you be OK with passing a law against it?

And as to your comments about parts not fitting together, I think you may want to rethink that.
I'll explain this one last time. I do hope you can understand exactly what I mean because I'm not going to type it again. Re read this more than once if you need to.

Sex between people with the same sex organs is abnormal.

Sex between people with opposite sex organs is normal.

I don't care if the Hetero-couple uses birth control or not.

I don't care if the man is sterile. (hetero couple)

I don't care if the woman is menopausal. (hetero couple)

Just because you can do something sexual with someone with the same sex organs doesn't mean you should, or because you can and it feels great and feels normal doesn't make it natural or normal behavior.

Homosexual behavior is abnormal.

It's not hate, it's not homophobia, it's simply the truth. And the truth is difficult for some people to take when it involves them being on the wrong side of normal.

If you're happy being "you", then be "you". Don't go to Montana and you'll live happily in the bliss of what your "reality" of what normal is.

But know this, and understand that there are people who think homosexual behavior is not normal, if they thought it was normal they wouldn't be trying to legislate against it in Montana.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 06-30-2010 at 01:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 01:05 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'll explain this one last time. I do hope you can understand exactly what I mean because I'm not going to type it again. Re read this more than once if you need to.

Just because you can do something sexual with someone with the same sex organs doesn't mean you should, or because you can and it feels great and feels normal doesn't make it natural or normal behavior.

The homosexual behavior is abnormal.
Is oral sex and anal sex abnormal wrong too? Because that isn't what our sexual organs are for.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:06 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Classic. Here is my list of reasons. Except ignore those reason when you use them against me.

I wonder what you think about oral sex. Clearly that is not using sex organs. And clearly there is no potential to create life.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
Quote:

So because YOU think it's abnormal, it should be illegal? A sterile man is abnormal-men are supposed to produce sperm and seman. But that's not his choice to be sterile.

Well I think ignorance and bigotry are abnormal, and therefore they should be outlawed.

You gonna watch people have sex to enforce these laws. Some people get off on that kinda stuff.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
I really don't care if you think that, only that you would actively criminalize people who disagree with you when homosexuality doesn't effect society in a negative way. And, in fact, society WOULD be negatively effected by a law that criminalize a certain percentage of our population just for being here. Seriously, have you considered the ramifications of such a thing? Can you imagine the practical application? I doubt it very much, most folks can't think more than one step ahead. Pity.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:09 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Quote:
Since when isn't it the way the country works. When you vote on something it's supposed to stand and not be overturned because some activist judge doesn't agree with what the will of the people is.
The court system and legislature exist to protect the minority from the majority.

Hopefully our country hasn't bowed down to universal mindlessness quite yet...

Old 06-30-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And as to your comments about parts not fitting together, I think you may want to rethink that.
I don't think you need to go into any detail about which parts you mean.

Ask a medical doctor, biologist, physiologist if the "natural biological" functional place for those parts BELONG where you think it fits.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:15 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
The court system and legislature exist to protect the minority from the majority.

Hopefully our country hasn't bowed down to universal mindlessness quite yet...
That is exactly what Plato warns us of in his Republic. That that is one of the foundations of a proper democracy.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
So because YOU think it's abnormal, it should be illegal? A sterile man is abnormal-men are supposed to produce sperm and seman. But that's not his choice to be sterile.

Well I think ignorance and bigotry are abnormal, and therefore they should be outlawed.

You gonna watch people have sex to enforce these laws. Some people get off on that kinda stuff.
It's not because I think it's abnormal. Homosexual sex is abnormal.

It is unnatural and biologically unhygienic.

Again, these posts are straying from the original topic. If you want to debate other topics related to homosexuality then make a thread about it. I'm not going to hash out my beliefs on this thread.

Montana has the right to legislate however they want with a majority of the voting public behind them.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
No it isn't, religion is a belief which motivates behavior.
And homosexuality is a sexual orientation.
Religiosity is a behavior, that can change over time. Homosexuality, well, only if you think you could be converted to becoming a homosexual, or that you could choose to behave to be a homosexual one day, and not another day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies