Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2010, 11:14 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
...are we going to be children and ignore me now because I made a mistake...
Speak for yourself.

You can keep on being a child. Most of us here got beyond that at least a decade or two or three already.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:16 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
YOU LIVE IN A FAR FLUNG SUBURB. You live closer to Wisconsin than you do to the City of Chicago.

What this has to do with the discussion is you have NO CREDIBILITY.

And you are one of those jaspers that think the entire City of Chicago and Cook County is DOWNTOWN.

There is no wonder I have never seen you post in the Chicago forum. You would be laughed off of it-just like you are here.
Not DOWNTOWN but you do realize Chicago has north chicago suburbs right? Which is sometimes considered north chicago (not the town just the northern part of chicago). I know where I live. I live 5 minutes from cook county (palatine) and about half an hour from the northern suburbs of chicago (which is what I have been referring to this whole time.) These northern suburbs of chicago I am referring to is Skokie and Evanston. Hope we understand each other now.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Speak for yourself.

You can keep on being a child. Most of us here got beyond that at least a decade or two or three already.
Oh and how do you think I'm being a child? Also when you give me the reason you think I am a child you can show me a post that proves your point. Also if I am just a child bringing up stupid and useless points, why are you wasting your time with me?

Old 07-04-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Thing is, the car exhaust is about what you'd be breathing in a gas chamber. In fact, that is exactly what has been used at times in the past. Can you say that about the 20 smokers? Ever been in a smoky bar room? I have. I'm still alive.
Ok. It doesn't matter what you are breathing, the reason you die if you lock yourself in a garage with the car on is due to suffocation. When you replace oxygen in the air with anything else you are going to die. Doesn't mater if its CO or CO2 or anything else. You need oxygen to live and breathe so it doesn't really matter what it is replaced with for you to die. I hope I phrased that correctly.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:22 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Oh and how do you think I'm being a child? Also when you give me the reason you think I am a child you can show me a post that proves your point. Also if I am just a child bringing up stupid and useless points, why are you wasting your time with me?
Lots of people have died from a compound called dihydrogen oxide. Should it be outlawed because lots of people have died because of it?

Old 07-04-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah sure.
You remember this post? This is what I meant to say if it wasn't for the MISTYPE! Gosh you have a mighty selective memory.

Quote:
You sure about that? You wanna know why that would be the case, if that is the case? Well after an hour the smoke from the exhaust will replace the oxygen in the air and you will suffocate, not die from lung cancer. You want to know why its faster than twenty chain smokers? Smoke coming out of a tail pipe comes out in a much larger quantity than smoke coming off of cigarettes. This may be a strange example but think of it this way. What do you think would fill up a pool faster, a hose pouring out water at a constant and quick rate, or 20 guys with spray bottles spraying only a bit of water as fast as they can spray?

Old 07-04-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Lots of people have died from a compound called dihydrogen oxide. Should it be outlawed because lots of people have died because of it?
What this? Dihydrogen monoxide hoax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Yeah its wiki but what its saying has sources (those little blue number links next to the sentences) all you have to do is look at those if you don't believe this is credible.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:31 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
What this? Dihydrogen monoxide hoax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Yeah its wiki but what its saying has sources (those little blue number links next to the sentences) all you have to do is look at those if you don't believe this is credible.
But water can kill you. Should it be banned?

Oxygen can kill you too. In fact oxidation of your cells is basically what causes aging and your eventual death. Maybe we should outlaw oxygen?

Old 07-04-2010, 11:34 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Not DOWNTOWN but you do realize Chicago has north chicago suburbs right? Which is sometimes considered north chicago (not the town just the northern part of chicago). I know where I live. I live 5 minutes from cook county (palatine) and about half an hour from the northern suburbs of chicago (which is what I have been referring to this whole time.) These northern suburbs of chicago I am referring to is Skokie and Evanston...
I LIVE IN CHICAGO-far within in the city limits. I live on the North Side or as some say the far north side of Chicago.

I was born and raised in the city. I do not need some cow-milking kid telling what is the city and what is not.

THE NORTHERN BURBS ARE NEVER CONSIDERED "NORTH CHICAGO."

I KNOW WHERE I LIVE. YOU DO NOT.

The north suburbs are not north Chicago. And even if they were you are by your own words a half hour (which is being very liberal) away from them.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:34 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,907 times
Every time you suck in a cigarette, you take off 5 seconds of your life.

thats ok...the last part of your life isnt that great anyway.

Seriously, to answer the 1st question...some people really enjoy smoking, some use it for their nerves, to keep their weight down, out of boredom, etc... its really no ones business but their own as long as they are thoughtful about their habit. And as long as they arent blowing the smoke in your face, ya shouldnt care. And anyone who thinks it should be illegal, may the goverment come after _you_ next! We all do something others dont like...I dont like that my neighbor uses that dang blower every darn day. On the other side of me its the 30 chickens & roosters. Behind me its the dogs on chains. I can go on & on.

Point is, if we all get to pick something to ban, we can all just sit in our own homes doing nothing but sucking our thumbs, everything will be banned. Oh wait, some dont want thumb sucking to be legal. Yes we all know smokings bad for you, along with 10 million other things. But its still the luck of the draw. My dad smoked non-filters since he was a teen, stopped in his 60's after his dr. said his lungs were Perfect! Couldnt even tell he was a smoker. My grandma had Never had a cig., griped if anyone lit up within 20 miles of her, and died from cancer...

This topic is about our freedom of choice, nothing more, cause we all have different opinons on every facet of life. My gripe is booze. I hate that its so widely excepted even though it kills so many innocents. I've never heard of a person smoking a pack of cigs & killing a whole family on the road, or beating a baby to death...but hey, just keep going after those mean ol' smokers!!!
[RIGHT]
[/RIGHT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies