Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:27 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,422,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I dont like Palin but she isnt the reason McCain lost. Bush is the reason McCain lost along with people thought they were really going to get change. They heard McCain is more of the same and 95% tax cut and people went for it hook line and sinker

Palin actually brought out many more to McCain. Look at the amount of people McCain could get to events and how many came after Palin. Palin can get large amounts of people to attend her events.
Sarah Palin, along with many of the flips that Senator McCain did to win his parties nomination (abortion, immigration, military, etc), were the reasons I didn't vote for him.

If they gave me the McCain from 2000, the one who didn't give a rats butt what anyone else thought, with a reasonable VP, I'd have voted for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,317,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Politico's chief political columnist sees Palin as the Republican candidate for POTUS in 2012. Palin is at the top of her party - POLITICO.com Print View

Palin as a candidate for POTUS: really, really scary.
I just read a name from the right this morning that I think may well become a member of the more prominent possibles from the Republlcan Party. The name of the man is Herman Cain, and I have loved hearing him on the radio for several years. He has a quite impressive resume of past duties in both government and private industry, and as he says, he would take race out of the race for 2012. Yes, Cain is a black man, who thinks very conservatively, which would make me very liable to support him.

For those who have never heard Cain speak he shows up quite often on the Neal Boortz show.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,858,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Sarah Palin, along with many of the flips that Senator McCain did to win his parties nomination (abortion, immigration, military, etc), were the reasons I didn't vote for him.

If they gave me the McCain from 2000, the one who didn't give a rats butt what anyone else thought, with a reasonable VP, I'd have voted for him.
Yet he wouldnt have gotten the conservatives without her.

McCain was in a lose lose situation. No matter what he did he was going to lose. All because of Bush

Old 07-23-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
ROTFLMAO

Uh, no. We have one idiot for 3 more years. The last thing we need is another moose-shooting idiot. She's one of the reasons McCain lost, IMO.
Are you saying that your vote for Obama was a vote against Palin? Mercy me, that is hindend reasoning. Voting for a President to keep from voting for a Vice-President. Of course, the left was making quite a noise about McCain dying in office.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I dont like Palin but she isnt the reason McCain lost. Bush is the reason McCain lost along with people thought they were really going to get change. They heard McCain is more of the same and 95% tax cut and people went for it hook line and sinker

Palin actually brought out many more to McCain. Look at the amount of people McCain could get to events and how many came after Palin. Palin can get large amounts of people to attend her events.
I needed a chance to tell Colddiamond that I had used her post for some jollity but I can say that when I voted for McCain I was casting my vote for Palin and had no choice but to vote for both. I would have been just as embarrassed voting for Obama since "Foot in Mouth" Biden was running with him.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:

It is something that if we lived in the same state we would have cancelled each other's vote, if popular vote meant anything, and much for the same reason. It was the VP that convinced me that Palin was the way to go to escape Biden and you voted against McCain because of Palin.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I needed a chance to tell Colddiamond that I had used her post for some jollity but I can say that when I voted for McCain I was casting my vote for Palin and had no choice but to vote for both. I would have been just as embarrassed voting for Obama since "Foot in Mouth" Biden was running with him.
I spoke with many that weren't going to vote for McCain before Palin.

Yeah I dont get that either. They dont seem to have a problem with Biden sticking his foot in his mouth.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:47 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,422,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It is something that if we lived in the same state we would have cancelled each other's vote, if popular vote meant anything, and much for the same reason. It was the VP that convinced me that Palin was the way to go to escape Biden and you voted against McCain because of Palin.
Palin has dramatically different views than I do on several issues, namely abortion.

However, it was more of a vote against John McCains heart, than Sarah Palin.

I didn't see President Obama having a natural death while in office. Unnatural, maybe, but I don't assume an assassination is going to happen.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I spoke with many that weren't going to vote for McCain before Palin.

Yeah I dont get that either. They dont seem to have a problem with Biden sticking his foot in his mouth.
I don't think I could have squeezed my nose hard enough while voting for McCain if not for Sarah.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Palin has dramatically different views than I do on several issues, namely abortion.

However, it was more of a vote against John McCains heart, than Sarah Palin.

I didn't see President Obama having a natural death while in office. Unnatural, maybe, but I don't assume an assassination is going to happen.
Look at the DNA that McCain comes from and the DNA that Obama comes from. Didnt his parents die from cancer or something and he smokes and drinks

While McCains mother is kicking at her age. Man I hope I am that together at her age
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies