Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,429,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
it was founded by Christians. Get over it.
Not all of them were Christians, and thats off topic. We've already beaten that horse dead.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please"

- Mark Twain

Old 08-02-2010, 10:46 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,626,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Not all of them were Christians, and thats off topic. We've already beaten that horse dead.
quite a few of them were. Including the first president. He marched down the street and attended church right after his inauguration.

that's the point.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 AM

38,077 posts, read 22,239,818 times
Quote:
Which document are you referring to specifically?

Remember, the Declaration of Independence is not an official document of these United States.
No, but this is one that all Americans intrinsically believe in, when it comes to "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".

Old 08-02-2010, 10:49 AM

38,077 posts, read 22,239,818 times
Quote:
The 10 commandments aren't Christian, they are Jewish. Didn't you ever watch the 10 commandments?
Jesus was Jewish too, so what is your point, other then to nit pick and quibble?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
quite a few of them were. Including the first president. He marched down the street and attended church right after his inauguration.

that's the point.
But thats not what you said earlier, and has been pointed out time and time again, that doesn't make a hill of beans on your topic.

If your assertion is "because the founding fathers were Christian, then we are a Christian nation", then by the same tone, we must believe that slavery is a Christian value, because most of the same founding fathers who were christians owned slaves, and made it legal in the Constitution.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Jesus was Jewish too, so what is your point, other then to nit pick and quibble?
The 10 commandments aren't Christian, they are Jewish.

BTW, most of the "Sharia" law everyone seems to be so scared of, was based off of the same Jewish laws that you're claiming are Christian.

Makes you wonder don't it?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,666,973 times
Quote:

that's the point.
So, does that mean if I go into my garage I become a car??

For many, church was simply something you were supposed to do to keep airs up in the community, which still happens today. My grandmother attended a Christian church for nearly 3 years because that was the only way she could keep 'friends' in our community. Now, she's a VERY happy Pagan with tons of friends and has stayed true to herself.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:57 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,666,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
No, but this is one that all Americans intrinsically believe in, when it comes to "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".
My creator was my Mother and Father.

Pretty ambiguous, don't you think? They could have EASILY said 'endowed by God', but they didn't....wonder why?

44,882 posts, read 33,327,122 times
Quote:
The 10 commandments aren't Christian, they are Jewish.

BTW, most of the "Sharia" law everyone seems to be so scared of, was based off of the same Jewish laws that you're claiming are Christian.

Makes you wonder don't it?
Do you realize that Sharia is a part of Muslim thought? For some reason Islam tends to be both religious and political and I don't like the parts about killing infidels that won't convert and making sure that those who convert live out the remainder of their lives in dhimmitude.

How about addressing these thoughts sometime?

While we are at it I keep wondering why people like you want so badly to make sure that those founders weren't mostly Christian. I still think that the left is much more desirous of proving that we are not and never have been a Christian nation. In fact was this thread begun by a lefty? By darn, I think it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So, does that mean if I go into my garage I become a car??

For many, church was simply something you were supposed to do to keep airs up in the community, which still happens today. My grandmother attended a Christian church for nearly 3 years because that was the only way she could keep 'friends' in our community. Now, she's a VERY happy Pagan with tons of friends and has stayed true to herself.
Hey now, no one needs mental images of your grandmother running around in goat leggings, howling at the moon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.