Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:29 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post

I'm not saying that it matters. My point is, is that a liberal cannot even admit something that is factually true. I don't think it should be a consideration for people to get married, but can you ADMIT that homosexuals cannot produce offspring?
Why would you expect anyone of any political philosophy to admit something that is factually untrue? And what difference could such an admission make, considering that it is completely IRRELEVANT to marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 10:30 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Biologically, no. Homosexuals cannot produce offspring. I know of no liberals that will deny this fact. However, that fact is completely irrelevant, and asinine to even bring up.
So why do liberals throw fits when people describe homosexuality as deviant? It deviates from normal behavior, which is heterosexuality.

Even liberals throw fits if you say homosexuality is abnormal. Heterosexuality is normal, as the vast majority of people are heterosexual. Homosexuals are abnormal because most people are heterosexual. Kind of like how albinos are abnormal because most people have pigmentation. But liberals throw fits when you use specific, and accurate terminology.

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Biologically, no. Homosexuals cannot produce offspring. I know of no liberals that will deny this fact. However, that fact is completely irrelevant, and asinine to even bring up.
Why is it?

1,173 posts, read 1,534,630 times
Quote:
I'm not saying that it matters. My point is, is that a liberal cannot even admit something that is factually true. I don't think it should be a consideration for people to get married, but can you ADMIT that homosexuals cannot produce offspring?
I just did... As well as a lot of other people - kids don't = marriage or vice versa. Your comment has nothing to do with the topic at hand, just a snide remark that got debunked.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Why would you expect anyone of any political philosophy to admit something that is factually untrue? And what difference could such an admission make, considering that it is completely IRRELEVANT to marriage?
So you're trying to claim that two people of the same sex can produce offspring?

Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Yes it very much is on this case it is. Hence this thread.
No it very much isn't in this case. Hence this thread is without merit.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:32 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
So why do liberals throw fits when people describe homosexuality as deviant? It deviates from normal behavior, which is heterosexuality.

Even liberals throw fits if you say homosexuality is abnormal. Heterosexuality is normal, as the vast majority of people are heterosexual. Homosexuals are abnormal because most people are heterosexual. Kind of like how albinos are abnormal because most people have pigmentation. But liberals throw fits when you use specific, and accurate terminology.
Because people mostly use the word "abnormal" to try to justify discriminating against homosexuals.

I'm not saying that you are, and I will say that you are correct in the tense that you are using the word "abnormal".

However, the connotation of the word being negative is because so many have tried to use that word as justification for being bigoted towards homosexuality. As Renault proves.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Why is it?
Because the ability to make children is not a prerequisite nor expectation of marriage anymore.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:34 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
I wonder if a liberal can even admit that a gay couple cannot procreate. That two people of the same sex cannot produce a child,an dif they use some kind of scientific intervention, the child will still only biologically be related to one of the couple, not both.
There are women that cannot give birth.
There are married couples that don't want kids.
There are gay couples that can adopt.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:34 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Was there a section addressing perversions and behavior in there because that is all homosexuals are about. They want special laws and priviledges because of their abnormal behaviors.
Do us all a favor and reread the part I've highlighted in blue. Then explain how you see anyone wanting that potion enforced as wanting 'special privileges'. And how it would be based on 'behaviors' whether 'normal' or 'abnormal'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies