Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 03:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Yes, I do. I am a student of history. History tells us that either you conquer or be conquered. I want my country to be the conqueror.
At what cost?

I'd rather see us quietly go into hibernation; give up that bs "We're no. 1" garbage and settle back and take care of ourselves, in the US, where we should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 03:11 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,101 times
Quote:
Yes, I do. I am a student of history. History tells us that either you conquer or be conquered. I want my country to be the conqueror.
Exactly right. If you want to survive you have to be strong or have strong fiends. You want to demonstrate your strength regularly.
History has proved that many times.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
At what cost?

I'd rather see us quietly go into hibernation; give up that bs "We're no. 1" garbage and settle back and take care of ourselves, in the US, where we should be.
And when you have woken up from your hibernation you and your daughter
don't have the right to vote, don't have the right to drive anymore but must wear burqa. And that's the cost of your liberal lifestyle.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
And when you have woken up from your hibernation you and your daughter
don't have the right to vote, don't have the right to drive anymore but must wear burqa. And that's the cost of your liberal lifestyle.
A little paranoid, aren't you?
And I chose not to breed, but thanks for the silly insinuation.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
At what cost?

What's your solution for an Iran or N Korea? Both have nukes and have threatened to use them. Palestine? Do we sit by and watch Israel disappear in a puff of smoke? Out of those 3 Countries do you really think we won't end up in an altercation soon without constantly keeping them in check? Do we sit and watch while Pakistan and India go at it with short range nukes?

Sitting on the bench is how most Countries got dragged into WWII.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What's your solution for an Iran or N Korea? Both have nukes and have threatened to use them. Palestine? Do we sit by and watch Israel disappear in a puff of smoke? Out of those 3 Countries do you really think we won't end up in an altercation soon without constantly keeping them in check? Do we sit and watch while Pakistan and India go at it with short range nukes?

Sitting on the bench is how most Countries got dragged into WWII.
Stay out of other people's business.
Israel, let them take care of themselves.

Who the hell is the US to tell others that they can or cannot have weaponry? It's not our place. Iran and N Korea are not our problem, now are they?
Yes, India and Pakistan can do what they want to.

We are not the policeman to the world.
You whine about $$ taxes and expenditures and yet, you support an overblown military.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:26 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,589 times
Quote:
And I chose not to breed, but thanks for the silly insinuation.
It is precisely because of the power of this country (economically, politically, culturally, and militarily) that there are no existential threats to it. And I want it to remain that way so that my children and all American children can live in peace now and into the future.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I'm sure people like you had the same attitude when had been warned of
the swastika marching their streets, back in France of 1939, if they'd keep hibernating.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
It is precisely because of the power of this country (economically, politically, culturally, and militarily) that there are no existential threats to it. And I want it to remain that way so that my children and all American children can live in peace now and into the future.
At what cost?
I don't want us to be driven to bankruptcy with all of these wars and needless games of escalation.

We have no peace now. Remember, Bush started 2 wars for us.
Over 4k kids dead and over 30k seriously wounded, this doesn't count over 100k Iraqis dead.
Peace - does not exist in the US.
There's no profit in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I'm sure people like you had the same attitude when had been warned of
the swastika marching their streets, back in France of 1939, if they'd keep hibernating.
Oh, please.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:35 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
Really, where is the truth?

We're someone concerned about our own national security. Like it or not, it benefits us to have access to oil so we can fly our planes and drive our tanks. Without those, we are in danger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies