Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 06:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,568,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I'm sure people like you had the same attitude when had been warned of
the swastika marching their streets, back in France of 1939, if they'd keep hibernating.
And soldiers from the U.S. in Baghdad, Fallujah, Kandahar and Kabul.

History really does repeat itself. And man learns nothing, or more accurately, ignores history to make billions in blood money. The permanent state of war, and the security state, are in full bloom.

Evil men kill innocent people, and evil men, and their supporters, reside in our midst
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,568,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
We're someone concerned about our own national security. Like it or not, it benefits us to have access to oil so we can fly our planes and drive our tanks. Without those, we are in danger.
Not a single Iraqi of Afghan killed a single American on September 11th, 2001.

That horrific day tore the mask off the military industrial complex and exposed it to the world, a world rightfully sickened by what it sees.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:13 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,820,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And soldiers from the U.S. in Baghdad, Fallujah, Kandahar and Kabul.

History really does repeat itself. And man learns nothing, or more accurately, ignores history to make billions in blood money. The permanent state of war, and the security state, are in full bloom.

Evil men kill innocent people, and evil men, and their supporters, reside in our midst
See self-righteousness is very convenient.
I'm against war too but the truth is it's kill or be killed.
Show me an example where it's otherwise.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:27 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,820,814 times
I'm strongly against the war in Afghanistan.
Tell me why are we in Afghanistan?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:01 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,560,285 times
I think that the history books will prove, that in general and for the most part; that the latter is true, but it is spelled "invader".

Old 08-05-2010, 07:07 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,232,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I'm strongly against the war in Afghanistan.
Tell me why are we in Afghanistan?

Supposedly its because the Taliban didn't immediately turn over Osama Bin Laden to the United States. So the United States retaliated by invading and occupying Afghanistan.

Sort of like when the Shah or Iran came to the United States during the Iranian revolution. The Iranians demanded the United States return him to Iran where he would stand trial, but the United States refused, so some Iranians stormed the American embassy and took a bunch of people hostage.

I don't think anyone wants to talk about how many fujitives the United States has harbored from justice. Or the number of leaders the CIA has attempted to assassinate or have otherwise deposed.

But we are the United States, the rules we create for others don't apply to us.

And I am greatly saddened to say, this war-mongering is going to continue for the foreseeable future. With North Korea and Iran either having or soon having nukes, it must stabilize their governments from pressure from the United States. And with China wanting to expand its sphere of influence, thus wanting to maintain its support of North Korea. It will usher in a new era of proxy wars. And will push the United States out of most of the world. As most of the world already hates us.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:17 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,398,296 times
Who cares if they hate us? Really. So what.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:42 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,284,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
We all know that the United States, along with Israel, are two of of the most (perhaps THE most) belligerent and warmongering nations on earth.
Very true. We have long threatened anyone we felt was stepping out of line.

Until George W. Bush, however, we were never consdered an aggressor nation. The unreasonable and totally unnecessary attack on Iraq lessened the status of the U.S. in the eyes of much of the world. Obama is tryng to undo some of the damage that was done in those eight miserable years, and I vigorously applaud his efforts to that end. May he be totally successful in restoring the honor of this country.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,506,298 times
The United States is a both a peacekeeper and an invader depending on the geopolitical circumstances. Generally, I have no problem with either provided that it is for the purposes of protecting and advancing the best interests of the United States. What constitutes "best interests" is debatable, of course.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:22 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
It is precisely because of the power of this country (economically, politically, culturally, and militarily) that there are no existential threats to it. And I want it to remain that way so that my children and all American children can live in peace now and into the future.
Too bad for those born in Afghanistan, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies