Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:57 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times

Advertisements

The ignorance in these threads astounds me.

I've heard that anyone who follows Islam

1. Attacked us on 9/11

2. Kill infidels everyday

3. Worship a Devil book that preaches hate and death

4. Are trying to force Sharia law on every man, woman, and child in these United States, and the government is backing them

5. Muslims are Nazis

and the list goes on, and on, and on.

Whether you agree with the Mosque or not, these statements are stupid, and full of hate that has no place in our society. I don't like Al Qaeda, I hate them, I wish everyone of those guys and girls were dead, and I'd happily be their executioner if that were granted to me. But Al Qaeda is no more a full representation of the Muslim faith, than a Catholic priest molesting a boy is indicative of the Christian faith.

I understand why people don't want a Mosque two blocks away from ground zero, my issue is, whats so different about this cultural center that contains a mosque, and the mosque thats right next to where the towers actually stood? No one threw a fit over that one, are we going to start a national campaign to have them removed from lower Manhattan? The people of lower Manhattan, you know, the ones that actually live there support this center.

And whats far enough away? Tennessee? North Carolina? Texas? All of those states have had public campaigns to block Mosques being built, and it shames me to say I'm from Tennessee because of it.

Muslims that are building their houses of worship did nothing to you, and if the sole reason you are basing your attacks on the entire faith, of over a billion people world wide, is because a hand full of idiots attacked us on 9/11, well, then you've got cognitive issues.

Joe Scarborough was talking about people denigrating evangelical and pentecostal churches in Pensacola after a series of abortion clinic bombings and murders there in the 80's. I remember that time. How awful would it be if the entire Christian faith was demonized because of the acts of a few loan idiots.

Like I said, feel free to express your position. If it is "I don't want the mosque there" just say that, but all of the hate filled language needs to stop. This is a free country, and we have a freedom to speak, but it sickens me to hear this kind of stupidity flowing from the mouths of my fellow citizens. We look down on KKK members, because they are lunatics who support a fringe movement, which often berates Jews and African Americans based on stereotypes and a few examples of "bad apples". You'd look at them like they have lost their minds, just as rational people are looking at you like you've lost yours.

To me, I could care less if the mosque was built. Its not my city, its not my state, I have no say on zoning laws there. I'll likely never be there, and if I am, I'll probably just walk by not even noticing the building. But the hate that I've heard directed at one billion people, for the bad examples, that have been criticized by this Imam, and most others in the states, really concerns me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 09:10 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The ignorance in these threads astounds me.

I've heard that anyone who follows Islam Really? I think the "anyone" is your false generalization to back up a false arguement.

1. Attacked us on 9/11

2. Kill infidels everyday

3. Worship a Devil book that preaches hate and death I don't know about the "Devil Book" statement but the qu'ran does condone and dictate death toward Kafir (infidels = non believers of Islam).

4. Are trying to force Sharia law on every man, woman, and child in these United States, and the government is backing them. Technically true when you connect the dots. Please disprove this with actual evidence. I've proven it as have others.

5. Muslims are Nazis There is an actual historical link between radical Islam and the Nazis during WWII. Read up!

and the list goes on, and on, and on.

Whether you agree with the Mosque or not, these statements are stupid, and full of hate that has no place in our society. I don't like Al Qaeda, I hate them, I wish everyone of those guys and girls were dead, and I'd happily be their executioner if that were granted to me. But Al Qaeda is no more a full representation of the Muslim faith, than a Catholic priest molesting a boy is indicative of the Christian faith. No has claimed it is.

I understand why people don't want a Mosque two blocks away from ground zero, my issue is, whats so different about this cultural center that contains a mosque, and the mosque thats right next to where the towers actually stood? No one threw a fit over that one, are we going to start a national campaign to have them removed from lower Manhattan? Those Mosques already stood during the attacks of 9/11 you are just trying to be over dramatic and silly to support your false arguement that opposition is a First Amendment violation, which clearly, it is not.The people of lower Manhattan, you know, the ones that actually live there support this center.

And whats far enough away? Tennessee? North Carolina? Texas? All of those states have had public campaigns to block Mosques being built, and it shames me to say I'm from Tennessee because of it.

Muslims that are building their houses of worship did nothing to you, and if the sole reason you are basing your attacks on the entire faith, of over a billion people world wide, is because a hand full of idiots attacked us on 9/11, well, then you've got cognitive issues. And you blatantly deny the history of Islam erecting victory Mosques upon sites of military conquest and political victories.

Joe Scarborough was talking about people denigrating evangelical and pentecostal churches in Pensacola after a series of abortion clinic bombings and murders there in the 80's. I remember that time. How awful would it be if the entire Christian faith was demonized because of the acts of a few loan idiots. The entire Muslim community is NOT being demonized. Stop repeating the lie.

Like I said, feel free to express your position. If it is "I don't want the mosque there" just say that, but all of the hate filled language needs to stop. This is a free country, and we have a freedom to speak, but it sickens me to hear this kind of stupidity flowing from the mouths of my fellow citizens. Pot, meet kettle. We look down on KKK members, because they are lunatics who support a fringe movement, which often berates Jews and African Americans based on stereotypes and a few examples of "bad apples". You'd look at them like they have lost their minds, just as rational people are looking at you like you've lost yours. Your opinion only of what comprises "rational people". Many would argue of the irrationality of denial of the threat of radical Islam and Imams who further its teachings via Dawa for the furtherance of Shariah in Western culture.

The Muslims Internet Directory: DAWA Do's and Don't's

To me, I could care less if the mosque was built. Its not my city, its not my state, I have no say on zoning laws there. I'll likely never be there, and if I am, I'll probably just walk by not even noticing the building. But the hate that I've heard directed at one billion people, for the bad examples, that have been criticized by this Imam, and most others in the states, really concerns me.
Comments above in blue.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:25 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Comments above in blue.
I'm not going through those, step by step, because I and others have already shown those things earlier, in lots of threads now.

But I will say this, did the crusaders not build Christian churches in Jerusalem when the conquered it? Did Napolean not build Christian monuments to his victories? Vatican city itself was a monument to Christian victories.

And the Imam who is trying to build this cultural center, isn't even acknowledged by most of the Muslims that have built those monuments, as a Muslim.

Feel free to hold onto irrational fears. I hope you get an awakening someday.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:04 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
Will Ground Zero mosque move? Gov. Paterson to meet with developers on new location

Read more: Will Ground Zero mosque move? Gov. Paterson to meet with developers on new location

Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
......... I hope you get an awakening someday.
And I, you.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do nothing about it." - Albert Einstein

"Never forget who died. Never forget who killed them."

http://stopshariahnow.org/

Old 08-17-2010, 11:45 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Yep, city officials are scrambling to clear the path for the mosque but have only continued to hinder attempts to rebuild the Greek Orthodox Church.
City officials have nothing to do with the Greek Church or the WTC.

Anyway, the story is false, as explained on the linked thread. The church cannot be rebuilt YET because the property is needed for WTC construction operations, that's that.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 AM

720 posts, read 691,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
City officials have nothing to do with the Greek Church or the WTC.

Anyway, the story is false, as explained on the linked thread. The church cannot be rebuilt YET because the property is needed for WTC construction operations, that's that.

Well, honestly, what do any of us know besides what we are told by ALL biased media. And that includes people who live there...When it comes to inner politics, no one ever knows the entire story because there are too many pockets involved....So unless anyone here actually works in the county government buildings that can offer the correct insight, tossing around opinions as facts is wrong. Being a resident does not mean you know all the truth, it means you may have more insight, but doesn't make that insight the almighty truth.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Well, honestly, what do any of us know besides what we are told by ALL biased media. And that includes people who live there...When it comes to inner politics, no one ever knows the entire story because there are too many pockets involved....So unless anyone here actually works in the county government buildings that can offer the correct insight, tossing around opinions as facts is wrong. Being a resident does not mean you know all the truth, it means you may have more insight, but doesn't make that insight the almighty truth.
I am not a resident. It is not a county government.

And I do know because my job requires me to know.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-17-2010 at 12:03 PM..

Old 08-17-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
I am not a resident. Not sure why you thought that. I live in New Jersey.

It is not a county government.

And I do know because as part of my job, I have to know what's going on at the WTC site.

But you are right, there are a LOT of politics. It's hard to keep up.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:56 AM

720 posts, read 691,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am not a resident. It is not a county government.

And I do know because I work there.

Touche..you got me. ...I thought I had read you were a resident of NYC and worked in Manhattan?

oops...you edited while I was responding...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies