Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 02:31 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Very moving video with 9/11 Families.

YouTube - KeepAmericaSafe.com: WE REMEMBER

You know, even though the MSM has suppressed images of the horror of that day, like people jumping 80 stories to their deaths and body parts all over the place, people remember what took place that day, who did it and realize erecting a symbol of victory for the muslims would be horrific.
Oh what a load of BS on your part.

You should try talking to people like myself and MightyQueen (I believe she was in the towers that day) who were in the city that day and lived it. Actually lost people, actually fled on foot. But you wouldn't want to do that now, because we wouldn't back up what you think we should feel.

My family and friends (we lost people that worked in and died in the towers, I don't need to see the crap it seems you would like strewn across the tv to remember that) thinks this entire thing is nothing but fearmongering that is destroying any hope of healing from 9-11. They hate nothing more than the fear and hatred that has grown out of his death. You know what they want? POSITIVE things to come from our loss.

Nice and easy for you to sit back and judge from God knows where, why don't you come down to Manhattan and talk to some real NY'ers and see how WE feel about it?

I left this forum for a while because this stuff gets me too heated and I see you're still here sitting back in your judgmental chair, telling people how they should think. Well, I hate to break it to you, but the majority of people in Manhattan do not care about the mosque being built, so maybe you should mind your own business and let us do what's right for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Sanrene, it really seems to me from your post that for some reason, you WANT the media to plaster those horrific images all over the TV every year. Did you ever stop to think that they don't due to respect for the families? Of course not. You think it should be plastered all over television so that you can try to incite fear in everyone, just like they attempted to do at the RNC last time. If you really felt for the victims families as you so fakely try to act, you would realize that in plastering those images all over the TV, they get to witness their loved ones deaths OVER AND OVER. A good friend of mine's husband worked on the 101st floor and they only recently found a part of his body. They still haven't figured out if he was a jumper, or if he died in the building. Do you think she wants to see those images over and over on TV so she can wonder if it's her husband? Do you think they should show the pictures of the body parts strewn on the plaza so people can wonder if it's from their loved ones? Maybe see a piece of jewelery and realize it is? And reopen years of hurt that they have tried to heal? Shame on you.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:48 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Don't worry. This minority will make sure we pay the price for the "appeasement".

What exactly are you alluding to? Sounds like maybe you're hinting at some type of violent action from them, like other supporters are implying. Who are the fear mongers?

In that case, I rest my point. Is that really the type of people we want to let build near the WTC and have tolerance for. Are those the people we want to support for their religious freedoms.

If I recall the liberals that say the "right" preach and obtain by fear, when in reality, seems like you want to let them build out of fear that they may retaliate.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 PM

88,614 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Very moving video with 9/11 Families.

YouTube - KeepAmericaSafe.com: WE REMEMBER

You know, even though the MSM has suppressed images of the horror of that day, like people jumping 80 stories to their deaths and body parts all over the place, people remember what took place that day, who did it and realize erecting a symbol of victory for the muslims would be horrific.
I think it's unconscionable for you and others to make the judgement that it is erecting a symbol of victory. That concept was pulled out of thin air as conjecture and for dramatic effect.

Once again, THESE families don't feel that way:

Open the link and read it this time and see what people can do who reach for a higher state. What are you afraid of?

Peaceful Tomorrows*:*Index

Old 08-18-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
What exactly are you alluding to? Sounds like maybe you're hinting at some type of violent action from them, like other supporters are implying. Who are the fear mongers?

In that case, I rest my point. Is that really the type of people we want to let build near the WTC and have tolerance for. Are those the people we want to support for their religious freedoms.

If I recall the liberals that say the "right" preach and obtain by fear, when in reality, seems like you want to let them build out of fear that they may retaliate.
You need to take a course in reading comprehension.

The people that are building blocks from the WTC are AMERICANS just like you and I.

No one wants to let them build "out of fear", we let them build because it's privately owned property, and we do not discriminate based on religion here in this country... or do you not care about our Constitution? Would you wish to pick and choose pieces from it as you see fit? Would you like GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION in people trying to build on private property?

Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
The site they want is two blocks away from ground Zero and that same area has strip joints adjacent to the block. How hollowed can that ground be ? "Poor Tiffany, she had some great B**Bs to look at, to bad she died at ground Zero on 9/11
There's going to be 55,000 sq. ft of retail space in the actual buildings at ground zero, but, that's okay since shopping really is at the heart of our spiritual lives these days

Bob Cesca: Ground Zero Mosque Opponents Have a Lot of Work to Do

Old 08-18-2010, 04:05 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,929 times
I haven't seen anything from anyone on how all this 'outrage' started...
Chris Hayes mentioned it last night on the 'The Rachel Maddow Show'... apparently Pamella Geller instigated much of this supposed controversy.

If you haven't heard of her, she has, to be kind, a controversial resume. If you search on her name and look at the hits.... or got to her web site 'Atlas Shrugged', you'll get a feel for her politics.

Here's an article from Salon covering this part of the story:
How the "ground zero mosque" fear mongering began - War Room - Salon.com

Here's another article:
The Rise of Shrieking Bigot Pamela Geller - Politics - The Atlantic

This is a woman who Paypal refuses to do business with because of her hate speech. Here's a link to one article of many:
PayPal spanks Pamela 'Atlas Shrugs' Geller for hate speech - Portland Progressive | Examiner.com

Old 08-18-2010, 05:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
King of the Lefties, Gov Dean;

Hot Air » Audio: I wish they’d move the mosque, says … Howard Dean

Quote:
Audio: I wish they’d move the mosque, says … Howard Dean
Who knew?

Gov. Dean, a religious bigot....yes?

Old 08-18-2010, 05:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Oh what a load of BS on your part.

You should try talking to people like myself and MightyQueen (I believe she was in the towers that day) who were in the city that day and lived it. Actually lost people, actually fled on foot. But you wouldn't want to do that now, because we wouldn't back up what you think we should feel.

My family and friends (we lost people that worked in and died in the towers, I don't need to see the crap it seems you would like strewn across the tv to remember that) thinks this entire thing is nothing but fearmongering that is destroying any hope of healing from 9-11. They hate nothing more than the fear and hatred that has grown out of his death. You know what they want? POSITIVE things to come from our loss.

Nice and easy for you to sit back and judge from God knows where, why don't you come down to Manhattan and talk to some real NY'ers and see how WE feel about it?

I left this forum for a while because this stuff gets me too heated and I see you're still here sitting back in your judgmental chair, telling people how they should think. Well, I hate to break it to you, but the majority of people in Manhattan do not care about the mosque being built, so maybe you should mind your own business and let us do what's right for us.
Hey, you're not the only one who experienced horror that day, and THOSE people happen to disagree with you, the 9/11 families and over 60% of New Yorkers.

So I'm keeping good company in the way I feel about it.

Sorry, but the people in New York I hear about absolutely DO NOT want the mosque built.

Oh, in case you didn't notice, there was more than ONE attack that day and the horror is not owned by YOU or NY, it belongs to the whole nation, who fortunately can express their opinions.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:25 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
king of the lefties, gov dean;

hot air » audio: I wish they’d move the mosque, says … howard dean

who knew?

Gov. Dean, a religious bigot....yes?
yeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies