Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:40 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It depends on how civil people are willing to be. I honestly want to know the answer to this. If white folk can teach black folk the secret of discerning who the REAL white racist are......maybe black folks would not fling out the accusation as much. I mean....there MUST be a means that allows white to REFUTE claims of racism charged against others. I would like white folks to teach me their MEANS of knowing that those accused are not.
Sounds very much like you are asserting that black folk have the ability to discern who is and isnt racist, but you are only questioning whether white folk actually have the ability. Hows about we judge everyone by the same standard...........if saying the word n-word, makes one person a racist , then it makes everyone a racist........surely we know that is not the case, so perhaps we should stop playing these idiotic games, drop the victim status and treat everyone as humans regardless of their color.......hows about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 02:41 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Ok. I didn't want to be the one to tell you this, but I guess I am going to have to.

First, you will need to get the secret decoder ring that is found in a box of Lucky Charms...........
Damn! I threw mine away. Will the one from the cracker jack box work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Sounds very much like you are asserting that black folk have the ability to discern who is and isnt racist, but you are only questioning whether white folk actually have the ability. Hows about we judge everyone by the same standard...........if saying the word n-word, makes one person a racist , then it makes everyone a racist........surely we know that is not the case, so perhaps we should stop playing these idiotic games, drop the victim status and treat everyone as humans regardless of their color.......hows about that?
That argument is so old. I never use the word but I understand the difference between the two. It's the same concept of female friends calling each other the B word.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Oh man, you just had to go and use the word "cracker" didn't you.

Don't you know that only white folks are allowed to say "cracker" and that when folks of color say that word it means something completely different!

Old 08-19-2010, 02:47 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Oh man, you just had to go and use the word "cracker" didn't you.

Don't you know that only white folks are allowed to say "cracker" and that when folks of color say that word it means something completely different!
So, are you saying that black folks can be racist?

Last edited by buddy5; 08-19-2010 at 03:02 PM..

Old 08-19-2010, 02:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
buddy5, it was an attempt at using humor to show how out of control both the accusations and the perceptions of "racism" are in today's political climate. Did you read back through the posts of the person to whom I was responding?

Seriously as a society we need to stop focusing on reasons to find offense in any and every little thing written or said. Nothing productive comes of it. Hyphenated population identifiers divide this country when we should be coming together to face and solve our very, very serious problems.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:

That argument is so old. I never use the word but I understand the difference between the two. It's the same concept of female friends calling each other the B word.
Oh..........what if you are snapping your fingers when you say it does that make a difference.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:

Yeah it may be old ..........funny common sense seems to be that way timeless.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:59 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Oh..........what if you are snapping your fingers when you say it does that make a difference.
No.

The difference is one is used as a term of endearment and one is used as an insult.

So two black friends calling each other the N word may be classless, tacky and ignorant but it's not racist.

If you're going to try to use a stereotype then at least use a current one:black women don't snap their fingers anymore.

Quote:
Yeah it may be old ..........funny common sense seems to be that way timeless.
Couldn't figure out how to use the edit button so you could roll your eyes again? Common sense, indeed

Old 08-19-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
No.

The difference is one is used as a term of endearment and one is used as an insult.

So two black friends calling each other the N word may be classless, tacky and ignorant but it's not racist.

If you're going to try to use a stereotype then at least use a current one:black women don't snap their fingers anymore.

Couldn't figure out how to use the edit button so you could roll your eyes again? Common sense, indeed
Shows you how much I know about stereotypes, the black folk in my family try to avoid them. some one using the word when explaining that another person uses it, is not racist either.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:05 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
if saying the word n-word, makes one person a racist , then it makes everyone a racist........surely we know that is not the case, so perhaps we should stop playing these idiotic games, drop the victim status and treat everyone as humans regardless of their color.......hows about that?
But....But.....But that would eliminate half of the vocabulary for ghetto-dwellin' gangsta rappin' thug idolizin' urban street denizens.

OOPS! Was that a racist statement? My bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies