Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 12:59 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constitutionalist View Post
it seems to me whenever the ultra left can demogog christians they dont hesitate to do so why is this? i am talking about the ultra left i know plenty of democrats that are good christians, it just seems to me this progresive wing of the democrat party and the left media have no problem putting christians down.

it is simple, because Christians support laws that these people believe infringe upon their views, and perhaps even their rights as americans. so, it is a two way street

i mean, how do fundamentalist christians feel about abortion? how about homosexuality? you don't think they put down left-wingers for their views?

what I find interesting, is how both sides treat each other poorly, and talk badly about each other. Yet it is only hypocritical on the part of the Christians, as athiests have no clear mandate on how to treat your fellow man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 01:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
To get back to the quetion the left always has to have a enemy that is making them a vitim. Espeacilly the leadership elite to justify their existence as a elite class that must be obeyed unquetionably. Divation is not tolerate any any centralist left movement.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:10 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Sorry, but the Bible and the US Constitution are not synonymous What you Think is in there - IT'S NOT
So you believe the government gave you the freedoms you have to make life choices, because they thought it to be a good idea and good ideas just go poof up, out of thin air?

Make a comparison for yourself, http://www.solarsabbath.org/BibleBillofRights.pdf

Just remember this as you see nanny laws progress and become more favored on the law books.

The government giveth and the government can taketh away.
Quote:
Tolerance as a Tool for Transformation
Throughout history, "tolerance" has meant different things to different people. A century ago, most Americans would have defined it as civility toward disagreeable persons, not as acceptance of contrary views. In contrast, today's "tolerance" demands acceptance of politically correct views but intolerance toward those who cling to "traditional" values. While media leaders feel free to mock Christians, believers are losing their freedom to state their convictions. After all, they might hurt someone's feelings.
If they take it all away, what's left that we would still remain free?

Old 09-09-2010, 01:12 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
So you believe the government gave you the freedoms you have to make life choices, because they thought it to be a good idea and good ideas just go poof up, out of thin air?
No.

But the Bible did. Oh, I forgot... those freedoms aren't actually found there.

never mind.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
To get back to the quetion the left always has to have a enemy that is making them a vitim. Espeacilly the leadership elite to justify their existence as a elite class that must be obeyed unquetionably. Divation is not tolerate any any centralist left movement.
Have you listened to the talk on the radio these days? The left is anti-christian talk is all that I hear. It is slammed in there, day in and day out and I'm like WTF.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No.

But the Bible did. Oh, I forgot... those freedoms aren't actually found there.

never mind.
And you say that why, exactly? Oh, because you don't click on links and read other peoples discoveries either....I get it now.

Mind, body and spirit make up the human being. However, people are just full of mind and body, aren't they. Ha, there is no spirit from the framers of the law or anywhere else on this planet.

Give it a rest will ya?

Old 09-09-2010, 01:25 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,279 times
It's because the far left is anti-Western civilization. Islam actually goes against the liberal agenda more than Christianity (Muslims will stone gays to death for example) but because Islam isn't a part of Western culture liberals give it the benefit of the doubt... just because it isn't Christianity.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
It's because the far left is anti-Western civilization. Islam actually goes against the liberal agenda more than Christianity (Muslims will stone gays to death for example) but because Islam isn't a part of Western culture liberals give it the benefit of the doubt... just because it isn't Christianity.
Do they really support Islam? (back opinion with fact please)
The reason I am in this thread topic is because I'm trying to figure it out. Is this a propaganda war, or is this real? I'm finding it pretty hard to swallow. Just in case you missed that.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:40 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Mind, body and spirit make up the human being.
Some people do believe that. Yes.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Some people do believe that. Yes.
Yes and to obtain that which is right, is a most difficult task for some to undertake.
PS: that's why our government felt the need to help us out with that in the creation of laws to govern.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 09-09-2010 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: ps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies