Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 06:28 PM

874 posts, read 1,661,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
To clean it!

Which Jesus you talking about? Jesus was a popular name back in the time of Jesus of the bible.
LOL. Somebody wrote a play that said that Jesus of Nazareth was gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 06:28 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,895,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
again, please don't answer my question with a totally unrelated question

What is the point of burning the Koran?
To ME personally,it would be to show how lunatic Muslims can be...although we really don't need any more evidence of the insanity of this religion.

Just think we are discussing this because Muslims are expected to react violently to a BOOK being burned....how crazy is THAT???

Old 09-08-2010, 06:29 PM

124 posts, read 173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
It's hard to reason with people who throw acid in the face of little girls if they try to go to school.

I don't think Islam is an idea worthy of respect, and it should rightfully be mocked. (Same is true for Christianity, but to a far lower degree.)
Note that the acid throwing is a cultural not religious phenomenon. It occurs primarily in south Asia. You see some in Afghanistan, lesser still in Pakistan and to some degree in India by non-Muslims and Muslims alike. In other parts of the Muslim word such as the Arab states, Turkey, Indonesia, Malaysia, Central Asian countries like Kazakhstan as well as Balkan countries like Kosovo and Bosnia, also Mali and other African nations come to mind like Sudan, Morocco, Algeria. If acid throwing were truly a RELIGIOUS phenomenon as opposed to cultural then would we not see it through out the religious world? We don't so I suppose it's not in the religion so much as cultures of those south Asian countries.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:30 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,246,606 times
Quote:
so people can go around burning stuff up they don't like.. ?

Yeah total anarchy.

admit there is no point.
yes, they can. that's called free speech. You're the one who wants to limit what people can do. Instead, why don't you print more korans?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
There's nothing personal amigo.

Fact is if the Koran is burned, so is the Bible.
And apologists like you don't appear to know this.
Actually there was,perhaps English is a second language for you??

You seem incapable of grasping that no-one is supporting the burning of the Koran,they are simply supporting his right to do it.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,210,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
LOL. Somebody wrote a play that said that Jesus of Nazareth was gay.
Well he might very well have been for all we know.

14,767 posts, read 17,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
To ME personally,it would be to show how lunatic Muslims can be...although we really don't need any more evidence of the insanity of this religion.

Just think we are discussing this because Muslims are expected to react violently to a BOOK being burned....how crazy is THAT???
Actually to me it shows how ignorant, and lunatic some people in America are.

What it confirms to me is, some christians are total hypocrites.

No, I'm not discussing the potential ramifications of this.

I am discussing the stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
Those are artistic expressions.

But anyway, I think we all agree that he's doing a disgusting thing. It's the consequences of the event (whether or not there are any or not) and the justification for the event that we are arguing over.
It isn't disgusting to me personally,I don't care about their feelings about their book.

As to the consequences,there should be none as sane people wouldn't murder or attack people over such stupidity.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:32 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,634,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

So you support the burning of the Koran - which contains the Bible - because you want to see a reaction from Muslims?

is this a variation on the "two wrongs, make a right" b/s?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Actually to me it shows how ignorant, and lunatic some people in America are.

What it confirms to me is, some christians are total hypocrites.

No, I'm not discussing the potential ramifications of this.

I am discussing the stupidity.
The stupidity is that Muslims would be offended enough to murder over a book...something you seem to ignore in your fervor to be tolerant...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies