Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 06:33 PM

124 posts, read 173,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
ER, Vietnam is a developing nation, considered to be third world. I went there wearing a US marine corps shirt, remember, millions of Vietnamese were killed in the Vietnam were, and I got no threats, no violence, and people were very friendly and curious about me....

STOP MAKING EXCUSES.
The difference is that the Vietnamese don't currently feel under siege as a lot of the Islamic world does. Between the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq which Bush once characterized as a "crusade", the rising anti-Muslim sentiment in Europe and America as characterized by the banning of the burqa in France the Danish cartoons and the Koran burnings in the US, as well as Israeli actions in the Gaza strip I'd say the Muslim world might have a little reason to feel besieged. The worst the Vietnamese have to worry about right now are jokes made about their driving skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 06:33 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
So you support the burning of the Koran - which contains the Bible - because you want to see a reaction from Muslims?

is this a variation on the "two wrongs, make a right" b/s?
You seem to not be able to grasp this...

Normal people would not react violently...and I see no wrong in burning a book.

DO you see something wrong with burning a book?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:34 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The stupidity is that Muslims would be offended enough to murder over a book...something you seem to ignore in your fervor to be tolerant...LOL
has anyone been murdered over this?

You are jumping to conclusions.

One thing is certain: it is an ignorant and stupid act.

1,851 posts, read 2,154,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
When Jones' 15 minutes of fame are over Americans will still have to deal with the
consequences, is it worth it?
Yes.

Now is the time to put our collective feet down, draw the line in the sand and send a meesage to the lunatics of Islam. Realistically, it shoukld have been done a long time ago.

You can't let violent, barbaric bullies dictate our freedoms.

What's next?

What will Islam bully Americans into next? Enough already!

Islam's reaction is by far, a zillion times more ignorant, dispicable, unacceptable and completely more vicious than anything this idiot wants to do to the Quran.

1,519 posts, read 1,633,285 times
Quote:
The stupidity is that Muslims would be offended enough to murder over a book...something you seem to ignore in your fervor to be tolerant...LOL
Forget about the Muslims, I might be moved to murder if I witnessed the Bible being burned as part of the Koran burning.

Have you considered that some Christians might react?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
so people can go around burning stuff up they don't like.. ?
Of course,as long as they own the stuff being burned.

Would you want to make this illegal?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
has anyone been murdered over this?
No,people were murdered over the lie about the flushing of this book...

Quote:
One thing is certain: it is an ignorant and stupid act.
So are lots of things...so what?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:37 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,109 times
Quote:
Actually to me it shows how ignorant, and lunatic some people in America are.

What it confirms to me is, some christians are total hypocrites.

No, I'm not discussing the potential ramifications of this.

I am discussing the stupidity.
I'm Jewish, tonight is Rosh Hashanah, I believe what he writes as well, I'm a christian hypocrite? Wait, I'm not even a christian..

Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,633,285 times
Quote:
You seem to not be able to grasp this...

Normal people would not react violently...and I see no wrong in burning a book.

DO you see something wrong with burning a book?
10th May 1933 : Opernplatz, Berlin, Germany : the Nazi's burned 200,000 books.
Do I see something wrong with book burning?

Are you calling me a Nazi?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:39 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
So don't stoop to their level.

“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?"

“Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets."

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

Smart man said these things. Maybe you should listen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies