Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:00 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
You realize how obnoxious it looks typing in bold don't you? In this case he was right because she is not able to defend herself. But if this was just a normal kid and he did it then it would be nanny parenting.
She can't see well, that is why she types in bold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
Pandamonium
I think that both statutes would be smothered by imminent danger laws that the girl was in imminent danger of being injured by the boys when gotten off the bus. It could be argued that since the action was not occurring at that moment the girl was not imminent danger. IE can't see the future. A defense would be that the in my face laws extend to a minor child especially a special needs child. However a parent on the jury most likely would not agree I think he has a winnable case.

I would say that people should avoid this type of confrontation and it could have been handled another way. You can not see ten second into the future and the action could have gone way bad for any of the parties.

Pandamonium: Good research. It's always productive to make an educated point.
Thanks.

This is what I am looking at: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Why can't it be argued that if she was truly in imminent danger, he would have found another way to take her to school? Secondly, had all other methods been exhausted? Did he go to the school board? Could he have made other transportation arrangements while waiting to...exhaust those methods? And what role, if any, does the bus as property play in this?

In addition, I find it amazing that they could play back the tapes of him rather quickly but not the tapes of the girl on the bus being tortured.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:52 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Thanks.

This is what I am looking at: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Why can't it be argued that if she was truly in imminent danger, he would have found another way to take her to school? Secondly, had all other methods been exhausted? Did he go to the school board? Could he have made other transportation arrangements while waiting to...exhaust those methods? And what role, if any, does the bus as property play in this?

In addition, I find it amazing that they could play back the tapes of him rather quickly but not the tapes of the girl on the bus being tortured.
Why does a parent have to EXHAUST all their options? Why didn't the busdriver just ban the bullies from the bus in the first place? Let the bullies' parents go through the bureaucratic hassles!

Last edited by aspiesmom; 09-18-2010 at 06:13 PM..

Old 09-18-2010, 06:10 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
A good dad should teach his daughter how to fight their own battles. And if a dad jumped up and did that to my daughter i would clock him right in the face. Saying ill kill you to a bunch of kids because he doesn't want to raise a child able to take care of her own problems is a bit goofy.

she is disabled and could not defend herself, good grief!!
all charges should be dropped
he went to the school and they did nothing
I am so sick of schools not protecting kids from bullies, these kids parents should be the ones brought up on charges for not keeping their kids in check as well as the school staff and the stupid bus driver

Old 09-18-2010, 06:12 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Thanks.

how about he works for a living to support his family
so easy to sit here and rag him out, I think he is a hero!

Old 09-18-2010, 06:25 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
She can't see well, that is why she types in bold.
Thank you.

But I'm a he.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:27 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
I saw this on the local news...it's sickening. What was even more sickening was a shrink squabbling about what we are supposed to do...

Parent arrested for giving the bullies a taste of their own medicine? Oh, the work of liberalism. Keep in mind, the parent have altered the school numerous times...without action. Shocking!

With more and more limp wristed policies being in place, bullies are a growing problem in schools across America. We are doing something wrong. And more liberal policies will not help, period.
I have to laugh...and laugh. Liberals are the scourge of the universe and they are responsible for every single frickin' problem in your universe, aren't they?

The Dad is guilty of bad judgment. He frightened all of the students, not just the ones who were bullying his daughter. I agree that bullying is a growing problem, but I can't for the life of me see how it's one ideology's policies that are failing to stop it. What kind of policies would you impose when we both probably agree that the cause of the problem lies with the parents instead of the school?

Liberal policies would include teaching kids to respect each other and to not resort to violence. This kind of policy is in place all across the nation. What kind of policies would be conservative other than to let the kids fight it out amongst themselves? I mean, isn't "personal responsibility" the mantra of the conservative ideology? Why on earth would they even intervene since this is a private matter?

I think those that bully should be put in jail for an evening. No Mommy, no Daddy. And I practically ooze "liberal".

Old 09-18-2010, 06:35 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Quote:
If she is on suicide watch over bullying then she has real problems. You just don't get teased into killing yourself...
Didn't you hear about that 15 year old girl from South Hadley, Ma. who did just that? There are more....

Old 09-18-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
how about he works for a living to support his family
so easy to sit here and rag him out, I think he is a hero!
I'm not ragging him out. He isn't going to go to court and say, in my defense georgia dem thinks I'm a hero.

Because that will not get it in a court. There is a reason that we don't get all emotional in court.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Thank you.

But I'm a he.
Your welcome and duly noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies