Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 10:44 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,026,990 times

Advertisements

I'm glad Ricardo Sánchez got the boot. He deserved it in my opinion. As a fellow Caribbean latino like Sánchez, he should be ASHAMED of himself of being a leftist. Especially one that was born from Cuba, and that his family ran away from Papá Castro. ¡Adiós guzano!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 11:13 AM

7,545 posts, read 11,419,538 times
It didn't sound like to me that Rick was saying Jews run the media. He was saying that people who run the media think like Jon Stewart or share his outlook on things. I hope CNN had Rick clarify his words before firing him.

YouTube - CNN's Rick Sanchez Fired For Jews & Jon Stewart Comments

Old 10-02-2010, 11:16 AM

7,545 posts, read 11,419,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm glad Ricardo Sánchez got the boot. He deserved it in my opinion. As a fellow Caribbean latino like Sánchez, he should be ASHAMED of himself of being a leftist.
Are you sure Rick is a Leftist? He alwaysed struck me as being a moderate democrat at least. I mean he was being criticle of the left with his Jon Stewart comments.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:22 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,520,347 times
if he knows damn well the jews run the media why the hell did he opened his mouth?

Old 10-02-2010, 11:27 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,941,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
I don't necessarily think its a bad thing that the Jewish people have a large control over the media.
The problem with the list is that it's more of a "Name All The Jewish People You Can Think of with Media Ties" roll call than it is about control.

Yes, there are a lot of names on the list that are executives. But there are also plenty of other names that are much closer to being show business people: Michael Savage, Larry King, Michael Medved, etc. At least half of the people on this list do not control anything other than their own talk shows or columns to whatever extent they actually do control them. I'm not going to argue that there are a lot of Jewish people in show business, but that's not the same thing as "control" in the media. Also this doesn't take into account the many non-Jewish people who are also media executives. This Jewish-controlled media nonsense is pure mythology, and nothing more.

Does anyone really believe Michael Savage or Larry King are part of this Jewish control of the media conspiracy? Larry King used to take naps under the console during breaks in his shows. These guys control nothing.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:37 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,194,097 times
Jon Stewart is irrelevant to this issue. His claim that Jews run the media networks is what nailed him.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:01 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,342,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
He'll have a job similar to the one he just lost within six weeks barring any kind of legal reason that he couldn't go work somewhere else, which almost certainly will not be an issue here.

So when he has another job like the one he just lost within that time, I expect to see a retraction to this.
He'll end up at Fox News....

Fox news seems to be the final resting place of all former disgruntle former news anchors...

Old 10-02-2010, 01:25 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,467,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post

Look I'm not an anti-semite but when you deny something which is true you're only working in favor of anti-semites because you give them a monopoly on reality. I don't necessarily think its a bad thing that the Jewish people have a large control over the media.
Oh, you're an anti-Semite alright, and your list actually proves it.

Rupert Murdoch is Jewish? Wow, that'll be news to him!

Neil Shapiro is the President of NBC News, so this is evidence that Jews own and run the media. Hmmm, let's look at others in that position at other media outlets, shall we?

Sean McManus, President of CBS News - Not Jewish
Roger Ailes, President of Fox News - Not Jewish
Jim Walton, President of CNN Worldwide - Not Jewish

So, 1 in 4 of these major networks' Presidents is Jewish. But Jews own and run the media. Right.

Jeff Gaspin is the Executive Vice-President of Programming, NBC, is he? I wonder who the other Executive VPs of Programming are? Let's take a look. . .

Kelly Kahl, Senior Executive Vice President, Programming Operations, CBS - Not Jewish
Marcy Ross, Executive Vice President, Current Programming, Fox Broadcasting - Not Jewish
Suzanne Patmore-Gibbs , Executive Vice President, Scripted Programming, ABC Entertainment - Not Jewish
Sandra Dewey, Senior Vice President Original Programming, Turner Entertainment - Not Jewish
Michael Wright, Senior Vice President Original Programming, Turner Entertainment - Not Jewish

Wow, lookie there, a bunch of non-Jews across a swath of media outlets. But Jews own and run the media.

Shall I pick out some other random titles of influence in the media to put on a list and claim that Christians, or those of other religious affiliations, own and run the media? How about the following, plus those mentioned above. . .

1. Anne Sweeney, President, Disney/ABC Cable Networks, and president, Disney Channel - Not Jewish
  2. Eleo Hensleigh, Executive Vice President of Marketing, Disney/ABC Cable Networks - Not Jewish
  3. Patrick Lopker, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Disney/ABC Cable Networks - Not Jewish
  4. Peter Cullen, Vice President, new business development, Disney/ABC Cable Networks - Not Jewish
  5. Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting - Not Jewish
  6. Steve McPherson, President of ABC Entertainment - Not Jewish
  7. Jeff Bader, Executive Vice President ABC Entertainment - Not Jewish
  8. John Eck, President, NBC TV Network and Media Works - Not Jewish
  9. Lynn Calpeter, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, NBC Universal - Not Jewish
  10. Salil Mehta, President, Business Operations, Strategy and Development, NBC Universal - Not Jewish
  11. Cory Shields, Executive Vice President, Global Policy Strategies and Alliances, NBC Universal - Not Jewish
  12. John Wallace, President, NBC Local Media - Not Jewish
  13. Bela Bajaria, Senior Vice President, Movies & Cable Programming, CBS Entertainment - Not Jewish
  14. Jo Ann Ross, President, Network Sales, CBS Television Network - Not Jewish
  15. Teri Everett, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Communications, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  16. Julie Henderson, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Communications, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  17. Chase Carey, Deputy Chairman, President and Chief Operating Officer, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  18. David DeVoe, Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  19. Michael Regan, Executive Vice President, Government Affairs, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  20. Teri Everett, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Communications, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  21. James L. (Jim) Hedges, Executive Vice President and CFO, ABC and Touchstone Television - Not Jewish
  22. Paul Lee, President of ABC Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  23. Chris Eames, Senior Vice President of New Media, Turner Entertainment - Not Jewish
  24. Patty Gillette, Vice President Promos Mgmt, Turner Entertainment - Not Jewish
  25. Joseph A. Califano, Jr., Board of Directors, CBS Entertainment - Not Jewish Judy McGrath, President of the MTV Group - Not Jewish
  26. Bill Roedy, President, MTV Networks International - Not Jewish
  27. Kevin Kay, President Spike TV - Not Jewish
  28. John Cucci, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  29. Dario Spina, Senior Vice President, Marketing MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  30. Erik Flannigan, Executive Vice PresidentDigital Media, MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  31. Dan Yang, Senior Vice President, Strategy & Development, MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  32. Jonathan Ladd, Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Spike TV - Not Jewish
  33. Momita SenGupta, Senior Vice President, Production, MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  34. Eddie Dalva, Senior Vice President, Content, MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  35. Casey Patterson, Senior Vice President, Talent Development & Event Production, Spike TV & TV Land - Not Jewish
  36. Thomas J. Barrack Jr., Chief Executive, Colony Capital (just purchased Miramax Films) - Not Jewish
  37. Ronald N. Tutor, Chief Executive, Tutor Perini Corporation (just purchased Miramax Films) - Not Jewish
  38. David S. Broder, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  39. William F. Buckley Jr., National Review, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  40. Steve Chapman, Chicago Tribune, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  41. Gail Collins, NY Times, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  42. Joe Conason, Slate.com, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  43. E.J. Dionne Jr., Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  44. Maureen Dowd, NY Times, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  45. Jim Hoagland, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  46. Arianna Huffington, Huffington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  47. David Ignatius, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  48. Derrick Z. Jackson, Boston Globe, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  49. Michael Kelly, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  50. Michael Kinsley, TIME, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  51. Morton M. Kondracke, Roll Call, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  52. Mary Mitchell, Chicago Sun-Times, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  53. Peggy Noonan, Wall Street Journal, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  54. Clarence Page, Chicago Tribune, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  55. Camille Paglia, Salon.com, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  56. Kathleen Parker, Chicago Tribune, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  57. Robert J. Samuelson, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  58. Mark Shields, Creators Syndicate, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  59. Andrew Sullivan, andrewsullivan.com, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  60. Joan Vennochi, Boston Globe, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  61. Joan Walsh, Slate.com, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  62. DeWayne Wickham, USA Today, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  63. George F. Will, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  64. Steve Kroft, Host, 60 Minutes - Not Jewish
  65. Scott Pelley, Host, 60 Minutes - Not Jewish
  66. Charlie Rose, Correspondent, 60 Minutes - Not Jewish
  67. Anderson Cooper, Correspondent, 60 Minutes - Not Jewish
  68. Byron Pitts, Correspondent, 60 Minutes - Not Jewish
  69. JuJu Chang, Host, 20/20 - Not Jewish
  70. Elizabeth Vargas, Host, 20/20 - Not Jewish
  71. Don Lemon, Anchor, CNN Newsroom & Correspondent, CNN/U.S. programming - Not Jewish
  72. Soledad O’Brien, Anchor and Special Correspondent, CNN/U.S. - Not Jewish
  73. Susan M. Bunda, Executive Vice President of Content Development and Strategy, CNN Worldwide - Not Jewish
  74. Parisa Khosravi, Senior Vice President of International Newsgathering, CNN Worldwide - Not Jewish
  75. Jim Walton, President, CNN Worldwide - Not Jewish
  76. Sean McManus, President of CBS News - Not Jewish
  77. Roger Ailes, President of Fox News - Not Jewish
  78. Kelly Kahl, Senior Executive Vice President, Programming Operations, CBS - Not Jewish
  79. Marcy Ross, Executive Vice President, Current Programming, Fox Broadcasting - Not Jewish
  80. Suzanne Patmore-Gibbs , Executive Vice President, Scripted Programming, ABC Entertainment - Not Jewish
  81. Sandra Dewey, Senior Vice President Original Programming, Turner Entertainment - Not Jewish
  82. Michael Wright, Senior Vice President Original Programming, Turner Entertainment - Not Jewish
  83. Robert Gibbs, Press Secretary, Barack Obama - Not Jewish
  84. Dana Perino, Press Secretary, George W. Bush - Not Jewish
  85. Scott McClellan, Press Secretary, George W. Bush - Not Jewish
  86. George Stephanopoulos, Press Secretary, William Clinton; Chief Political Correspondent, ABC News - Not Jewish
  87. Gretchen Carlson, Host, Fox & Friends - Not Jewish
  88. Steve Doocy, Host, Fox & Friends - Not Jewish
  89. Alisyn Camerota, Host, Fox & Friends - Not Jewish
  90. Rush Limbaugh, Talk Show Host, heard on over 600 stations - Not Jewish
  91. Glenn Beck, Radio and Television Talk Show Host - Not Jewish
  92. Bill O'Reilly, Host, The O'Reilly Factor, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
Well will you look at that! That's more than your list already, and I haven't even put a dent in it. I could go on for pages and pages and pages.

In short, let me see if I can put this in simple terms you can understand, Just making a list of Jews who work in the media/entertainment industry, does not prove that Jews own and run the media/entertainment industry.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:46 PM

584 posts, read 875,041 times
Let me get this straight. Beck could say our president has a deep hatred for white people, but Sanchez can't say jews run the media. I don't get this. please explain why some could say things and others can not?????

Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,591,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Right, but we're in 21st century America, not 16th century Spain, where someone with the last name "Sanchez" is going to inherently be considered "less American" by some than someone with the last name "Stewart."
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies