Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 04:49 PM

7,539 posts, read 11,410,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Jon Stewart is irrelevant to this issue. His claim that Jews run the media networks is what nailed him.
But he didn't really say that. My interpretation was that he was saying that people with Jon Sewart's outlook run much of the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 04:50 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,221,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Especially your bosses. It's called insubordination.
Well said.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:32 PM

433 posts, read 955,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm glad Ricardo Sánchez got the boot. He deserved it in my opinion. As a fellow Caribbean latino like Sánchez, he should be ASHAMED of himself of being a leftist. Especially one that was born from Cuba, and that his family ran away from Papá Castro. ¡Adiós guzano!
Amen, unbrainwashed.

I saw Rick Sanchez's show a couple of times , and for me is still astonishing that a guy whose family flee a communist-leftist revolution could be so pro-big goverment, so race or ethnicity egocentric, and so on

But well, I guess that he is just getting the return of investment of his absurd-leftist theory. Man, I guess his father never gave him the Memo that you can trust in people that want to control the way you think. However, the guy deserves a TV national conference just because said what everybody knows already, that CNN is handled by a bunch of white-eastern-liberal people, or should I say the Jew!@# word? Nahh, I may get banned by a jew!@# moderator. LOL. . Believe me dear mod, Im not racist, I cant be rasict Im a Cuban-born Hispanics, and I have many jewish friends in North Miami Beach. LOL.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:47 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,011,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Amen, unbrainwashed.

I saw Rick Sanchez's show a couple of times , and for me is still astonishing that a guy whose family flee a communist-leftist revolution could be so pro-big goverment, so race or ethnicity egocentric, and so on

But well, I guess that he is just getting the return of investment of his absurd-leftist theory. Man, I guess his father never gave him the Memo that you can trust in people that want to control the way you think. However, the guy deserves a TV national conference just because said what everybody knows already, that CNN is handled by a bunch of white-eastern-liberal people, or should I say the Jew!@# word? Nahh, I may get banned by a jew!@# moderator. LOL. . Believe me dear mod, Im not racist, I cant be rasict Im a Cuban-born Hispanics, and I have many jewish friends in North Miami Beach. LOL.
Why do liberals always say that? I'm not racist, I have one black/Asian/Jew/Hispanic friend?

Old 10-02-2010, 05:54 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,047,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Look I'm not an anti-semite but when you deny something which is true you're only working in favor of anti-semites because you give them a monopoly on reality. I don't necessarily think its a bad thing that the Jewish people have a large control over the media.

MORTIMER ZUCKERMAN, owner of NY Daily News, US News & World Report and chair of the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish American Organizations, one of the largest pro-Israel lobbying groups.
LESLIE MOONVES, president of CBS television, great-nephew of David Ben-Gurion, and co-chair with Norman Ornstein of the Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligation of Digital TV Producers, appointed by Clinton.
JONATHAN MILLER, chair and CEO of AOL division of AOL-Time-Warner
NEIL SHAPIRO, president of NBC News
JEFF GASPIN, Executive Vice-President, Programming, NBC
DAVID WESTIN, president of ABC News
SUMNER REDSTONE, CEO of Viacom, “world’s biggest media giant” (Economist, 11/23/2) owns Viacom cable, CBS and MTVs all over the world, Blockbuster video rentals and Black Entertainment TV.
MICHAEL EISNER, major owner of Walt Disney, Capitol Cities, ABC.
RUPERT MURDOCH, Owner Fox TV, New York Post, London Times, News of the World (Jewish mother)
MEL KARMAZIN, president of CBS
DON HEWITT, Exec. Director, 60 Minutes, CBS
JEFF FAGER, Exec. Director, 60 Minutes II. CBS
DAVID POLTRACK, Executive Vice-President, Research and Planning, CBS
SANDY KRUSHOW, Chair, Fox Entertainment
LLOYD BRAUN, Chair, ABC Entertainment
BARRY MEYER, chair, Warner Bros.
SHERRY LANSING. President of Paramount Communications and Chairman of Paramount Pictures’ Motion Picture Group.
HARVEY WEINSTEIN, CEO. Miramax Films.
BRAD SIEGEL., President, Turner Entertainment.
PETER CHERNIN, second in-command at Rupert Murdoch’s News. Corp., owner of Fox TV
MARTY PERETZ, owner and publisher of the New Republic, which openly identifies itself as pro-Israel. Al Gore credits Marty with being his “mentor.”
ARTHUR O. SULZBERGER, JR., publisher of the NY Times, the Boston Globe and other publications.
WILLIAM SAFIRE, syndicated columnist for the NYT.
TOM FRIEDMAN, syndicated columnist for the NYT.
CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER, syndicated columnist for the Washington Post. Honored by Honest Reporting.com, website monitoring “anti-Israel media.”
RICHARD COHEN, syndicated columnist for the Washington Post
JEFF JACOBY, syndicated columnist for the Boston Globe
NORMAN ORNSTEIN, American Enterprise Inst., regular columnist for USA Today, news analyst for CBS, and co-chair with Leslie Moonves of the Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligation of Digital TV Producers, appointed by Clinton.
ARIE FLEISCHER, Dubya’s press secretary.
STEPHEN EMERSON, every media outlet’s first choice as an expert on domestic terrorism.
DAVID SCHNEIDERMAN, owner of the Village Voice and the New Times network of “alternative weeklies.”
DENNIS LEIBOWITZ, head of Act II Partners, a media hedge fund
KENNETH POLLACK, for CIA analysts, director of Saban Center for Middle East Policy, writes op-eds in NY Times, New Yorker
BARRY DILLER, chair of USA Interactive, former owner of Universal Entertainment
KENNETH ROTH, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch
RICHARD LEIBNER, runs the N.S. Bienstock talent agency, which represents 600 news personalities such as Dan Rather, Dianne Sawyer and Bill O’Reilly.
TERRY SEMEL, CEO, Yahoo, former chair, Warner Bros.
MARK GOLIN, VP and Creative Director, AOL
WARREN LIEBERFORD, Pres., Warner Bros. Home Video Div. of AOL- TimeWarner
JEFFREY ZUCKER, President of NBC Entertainment
JACK MYERS, NBC, chief.NYT 5.14.2
SANDY GRUSHOW, chair of Fox Entertainment
GAIL BERMAN, president of Fox Entertainment
STEPHEN SPIELBERG, co-owner of Dreamworks
JEFFREY KATZENBERG, co-owner of Dreamworks
DAVID GEFFEN, co-owner of Dreamworks
LLYOD BRAUN, chair of ABC Entertainment
JORDAN LEVIN, president of Warner Bros. Entertainment
MAX MUTCHNICK, co-executive producer of NBC’s “Good Morning Miami”
DAVID KOHAN, co-executive producer of NBC’s “Good Morning Miami”
HOWARD STRINGER, chief of Sony Corp. of America
AMY PASCAL, chair of Columbia Pictures
JOEL KLEIN, chair and CEO of Bertelsmann’s American operations
ROBERT SILLERMAN, founder of Clear Channel Communications
BRIAN GRADEN, president of MTV entertainment
IVAN SEIDENBERG, CEO of Verizon Communications
WOLF BLITZER, host of CNN’s Late Edition
LARRY KING, host of Larry King Live
TED KOPPEL, host of ABC’s Nightline
ANDREA KOPPEL, CNN Reporter
PAULA ZAHN, CNN Host
MIKE WALLACE, Host of CBS, 60 Minutes
BARBARA WALTERS, Host, ABC’s 20-20
MICHAEL LEDEEN, editor of National Review
BRUCE NUSSBAUM, editorial page editor, Business Week
DONALD GRAHAM, Chair and CEO of Newsweek and Washington Post, son of
CATHERINE GRAHAM MEYER, former owner of the Washington Post
HOWARD FINEMAN, Chief Political Columnist, Newsweek
WILLIAM KRISTOL, Editor, Weekly Standard, Exec. Director
Project for a New American Century (PNAC)
RON ROSENTHAL, Managing Editor, San Francisco Chronicle
PHIL BRONSTEIN, Executive Editor, San Francisco Chronicle,
RON OWENS, Talk Show Host, KGO (ABC-Capitol Cities, San Francisco)
JOHN ROTHMAN, Talk Show Host, KGO (ABC-Capitol Cities, San Francisco)
MICHAEL SAVAGE, Talk Show Host, KFSO (ABC-Capitol Cities, San Francisco) Syndicated in 100 markets
MICHAEL MEDVED, Talk Show Host, on 124 AM stations
DENNIS PRAGER, Talk Show Host, nationally syndicated from LA. Has Israeli flag on his home page.
BEN WATTENBERG, Moderator, PBS Think Tank.
ANDREW LACK, president of NBC
DANIEL MENAKER, Executive Director, Harper Collins
DAVID REMNICK, Editor, The New Yorker
NICHOLAS LEHMANN, writer, the New York
HENRICK HERTZBERG, Talk of the Town editor, The New Yorker
SAMUEL NEWHOUSE JR, and DONALD NEWHOUSE own Newhouse Publications, includes 26 newspapers in 22 cities; the Conde Nast magazine group, includes The New Yorker; Parade, the Sunday newspaper supplement; American City Business Journals, business newspapers published in more than 30 major cities in America; and interests in cable television programming and cable systems serving 1 million homes.
DONALD NEWHOUSE, chairman of the board of directors, Associated Press.
PETER R KANN, CEO, Wall Street Journal, Barron’s
RALPH J. & BRIAN ROBERTS, Owners, Comcast-ATT Cable TV.
LAWRENCE KIRSHBAUM, CEO, AOL-Time Warner Book Group
AMEN! How was Rick lying when he said that entertainment/media are not controlled predominately by the jews? Hollywood was started by the jews and they just kept promoting their own through familial and landsman affiliation. Rick just told the truth and the jews brought him down a peg cause they don't like it when a so called "minority" speaks the truth.

furthermore, if these jewish leaders in the media are so "oppressed" and willing to make the world better for everyone (tikkun olam). then why didn't they speak up for including more hispanics and blacks in their programming and movies?, especially when there was such a huge scarcity of representation of them in Hollywood, TV and the network news. Could have used their help back then and now.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:15 PM

2,882 posts, read 5,906,696 times
What's so controversial about pointing out that jews play, let's say, a prominate role in the media?

-That's like saying blacks dominate basketball.

-Or blacks dominate football.

Or x group dominates something. He's partly got a point. Whenever I turn on cable tv, odds are, many of them are going to be jewish (gasp!).

Suze Orman
Jim Cramer
Larry King (CNN)
Wolf Blitzer (CNN)
Dan Abrams (MSNBC)
Jon Stewart (born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz)
And the list goes on.

What's the difference between him being black, and claiming the NFL (white owners) pass him up for a promotion? Hasn't this thing been going on for a long time. The whole thing shows what a joke cable tv is, and why Jon Stewart is america's most trusted newsman (according to Time Magazine).

Old 10-02-2010, 06:20 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,880,847 times
This is a WEAK reason to fire someone,over his opinion.

He didn't do or say anything that warranted his termination. It was free speach,I'll bet many others at this company/organization have done and said FAR worse. What a pathetic excuse to take away a man's job.

BTW why do many Americans of Jewish ancestry go out of there way to HIDE their ethnicity,Jon Stewart must be ashamed to use his real last name of Leibowitz at least Sanchez is honest about his background.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why do liberals always say that? I'm not racist, I have one black/Asian/Jew/Hispanic friend?
Funny, isnt' it? This is one of the most common phrases said by liberal-racist and non-liberal racist people. For me, its very funny when I hear this phrase or a politician using a similar idea. Man I still remember what Henry Reid said about Hispanics voting for Republicans. That was hillarious but at the same time very obnoxious and can I say racist?. But I guess CNN did not cover much of that. .

Though, Sanchez behaved like a three years old when talking about the jews. I mean "the" jews, aside that they will try to bargain everything and cut your salary everytime they can are one of the best groups that have come to America. They rank very high in my list. , One only needs to know one thing about them, when it comes to money, they do not joke around. Thats why you can be sure that if CNN keeps loosing audience you will see in a future a more conservative CNN. It's just money as usual.

Ask Sanches if he is mad about Cubans controlling half of South Florida, Of course no. It is the same game in every where but people only feel it when the tide is agaisnt them.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
This is a WEAK reason to fire someone,over his opinion.

He didn't do or say anything that warranted his termination. It was free speach,I'll bet many others at this company/organization have done and said FAR worse. What a pathetic excuse to take away a man's job.

BTW why do many Americans of Jewish ancestry go out of there way to HIDE their ethnicity,Jon Stewart must be ashamed to use his real last name of Leibowitz at least Sanchez is honest about his background.

Is it a violation of free speech? Of course. But if one of my employees suddenly starts talking trash about my company or its higher-ups I will nail him down one way or another. Life sucks sometimes, but this is the way it is.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:59 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,463,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

AMEN! How was Rick lying when he said that entertainment/media are not controlled predominately by the jews? Hollywood was started by the jews and they just kept promoting their own through familial and landsman affiliation. Rick just told the truth and the jews brought him down a peg cause they don't like it when a so called "minority" speaks the truth.

furthermore, if these jewish leaders in the media are so "oppressed" and willing to make the world better for everyone (tikkun olam). then why didn't they speak up for including more hispanics and blacks in their programming and movies?, especially when there was such a huge scarcity of representation of them in Hollywood, TV and the network news. Could have used their help back then and now.
  1. Anne Sweeney, President, Disney/ABC Cable Networks, and president, Disney Channel - Not Jewish
  2. Eleo Hensleigh, Executive Vice President of Marketing, Disney/ABC Cable Networks - Not Jewish
  3. Patrick Lopker, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Disney/ABC Cable Networks - Not Jewish
  4. Peter Cullen, Vice President, new business development, Disney/ABC Cable Networks - Not Jewish
  5. Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting - Not Jewish
  6. Steve McPherson, President of ABC Entertainment - Not Jewish
  7. Jeff Bader, Executive Vice President ABC Entertainment - Not Jewish
  8. John Eck, President, NBC TV Network and Media Works - Not Jewish
  9. Lynn Calpeter, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, NBC Universal - Not Jewish
  10. Salil Mehta, President, Business Operations, Strategy and Development, NBC Universal - Not Jewish
  11. Cory Shields, Executive Vice President, Global Policy Strategies and Alliances, NBC Universal - Not Jewish
  12. John Wallace, President, NBC Local Media - Not Jewish
  13. Bela Bajaria, Senior Vice President, Movies & Cable Programming, CBS Entertainment - Not Jewish
  14. Jo Ann Ross, President, Network Sales, CBS Television Network - Not Jewish
  15. Teri Everett, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Communications, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  16. Julie Henderson, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Communications, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  17. Chase Carey, Deputy Chairman, President and Chief Operating Officer, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  18. David DeVoe, Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  19. Michael Regan, Executive Vice President, Government Affairs, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  20. Teri Everett, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Communications, News Corp. - Not Jewish
  21. James L. (Jim) Hedges, Executive Vice President and CFO, ABC and Touchstone Television - Not Jewish
  22. Paul Lee, President of ABC Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  23. Chris Eames, Senior Vice President of New Media, Turner Entertainment - Not Jewish
  24. Patty Gillette, Vice President Promos Mgmt, Turner Entertainment - Not Jewish
  25. Joseph A. Califano, Jr., Board of Directors, CBS Entertainment - Not Jewish
  26. Judy McGrath, President of the MTV Group - Not Jewish
  27. Bill Roedy, President, MTV Networks International - Not Jewish
  28. Kevin Kay, President Spike TV - Not Jewish
  29. John Cucci, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  30. Dario Spina, Senior Vice President, Marketing MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  31. Erik Flannigan, Executive Vice PresidentDigital Media, MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  32. Dan Yang, Senior Vice President, Strategy & Development, MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  33. Jonathan Ladd, Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Spike TV - Not Jewish
  34. Momita SenGupta, Senior Vice President, Production, MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  35. Eddie Dalva, Senior Vice President, Content, MTV Entertainment Group - Not Jewish
  36. Casey Patterson, Senior Vice President, Talent Development & Event Production, Spike TV & TV Land - Not Jewish
  37. Thomas J. Barrack Jr., Chief Executive, Colony Capital (just purchased Miramax Films) - Not Jewish
  38. Ronald N. Tutor, Chief Executive, Tutor Perini Corporation (just purchased Miramax Films) - Not Jewish
  39. David S. Broder, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  40. William F. Buckley Jr., National Review, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  41. Steve Chapman, Chicago Tribune, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  42. Gail Collins, NY Times, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  43. Joe Conason, Slate.com, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  44. E.J. Dionne Jr., Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  45. Maureen Dowd, NY Times, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  46. Jim Hoagland, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  47. Arianna Huffington, Huffington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  48. David Ignatius, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  49. Derrick Z. Jackson, Boston Globe, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  50. Michael Kelly, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  51. Michael Kinsley, TIME, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  52. Morton M. Kondracke, Roll Call, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  53. Mary Mitchell, Chicago Sun-Times, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  54. Peggy Noonan, Wall Street Journal, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  55. Clarence Page, Chicago Tribune, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  56. Camille Paglia, Salon.com, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  57. Kathleen Parker, Chicago Tribune, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  58. Robert J. Samuelson, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  59. Mark Shields, Creators Syndicate, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  60. Andrew Sullivan, andrewsullivan.com, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  61. Joan Vennochi, Boston Globe, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  62. Joan Walsh, Slate.com, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  63. DeWayne Wickham, USA Today, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  64. George F. Will, Washington Post, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
  65. Steve Kroft, Host, 60 Minutes - Not Jewish
  66. Scott Pelley, Host, 60 Minutes - Not Jewish
  67. Charlie Rose, Correspondent, 60 Minutes - Not Jewish
  68. Anderson Cooper, Correspondent, 60 Minutes - Not Jewish
  69. Byron Pitts, Correspondent, 60 Minutes - Not Jewish
  70. JuJu Chang, Host, 20/20 - Not Jewish
  71. Elizabeth Vargas, Host, 20/20 - Not Jewish
  72. Don Lemon, Anchor, CNN Newsroom & Correspondent, CNN/U.S. programming - Not Jewish
  73. Soledad O’Brien, Anchor and Special Correspondent, CNN/U.S. - Not Jewish
  74. Susan M. Bunda, Executive Vice President of Content Development and Strategy, CNN Worldwide - Not Jewish
  75. Parisa Khosravi, Senior Vice President of International Newsgathering, CNN Worldwide - Not Jewish
  76. Jim Walton, President, CNN Worldwide - Not Jewish
  77. Sean McManus, President of CBS News - Not Jewish
  78. Roger Ailes, President of Fox News - Not Jewish
  79. Kelly Kahl, Senior Executive Vice President, Programming Operations, CBS - Not Jewish
  80. Marcy Ross, Executive Vice President, Current Programming, Fox Broadcasting - Not Jewish
  81. Suzanne Patmore-Gibbs , Executive Vice President, Scripted Programming, ABC Entertainment - Not Jewish
  82. Sandra Dewey, Senior Vice President Original Programming, Turner Entertainment - Not Jewish
  83. Michael Wright, Senior Vice President Original Programming, Turner Entertainment - Not Jewish
  84. Robert Gibbs, Press Secretary, Barack Obama - Not Jewish
  85. Dana Perino, Press Secretary, George W. Bush - Not Jewish
  86. Scott McClellan, Press Secretary, George W. Bush - Not Jewish
  87. George Stephanopoulos, Press Secretary, William Clinton; Chief Political Correspondent, ABC News - Not Jewish
  88. Gretchen Carlson, Host, Fox & Friends - Not Jewish
  89. Steve Doocy, Host, Fox & Friends - Not Jewish
  90. Alisyn Camerota, Host, Fox & Friends - Not Jewish
  91. Rush Limbaugh, Talk Show Host, heard on over 600 stations - Not Jewish
  92. Glenn Beck, Radio and Television Talk Show Host - Not Jewish
  93. Bill O'Reilly, Host, The O'Reilly Factor, Syndicated Columnist - Not Jewish
Well will you look at that! That's already more than the list you quoted and praised, and I didn't even put a dent in it. I could go on for pages and pages and pages.

In short, let me see if I can put this in simple terms you can understand, Just making a list of Jews who work in the media/entertainment industry, does not prove that Jews own and run the media/entertainment industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies