Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
If someone really wants to know what drives Beck, just study the John Birch Society. Beck is following that plan that failed in the 50s', however, Beck has a much bigger megaphone to reach a larger number of "gullibles".

Bob Dylan describes it well. See any Beck similarities?

Home Page | Bob Dylan
Beck? No. But the lines:

I investigated all the people I knowed
Ninety Eight percent of them gotta go...

Did remind me of NPR letting go of Juan Williams yesterday because he voiced an opinion that differed from theirs...

Old 10-22-2010, 03:37 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
What about the hard working, industrious, educated, intelligent, wise, persevering, responsible, diligent, productive, deserving workers who got laid off as a result?... Why didn't they get their jobs back?...
I believe the government, including, and largely due to the present administration is hugely responsible. Its a shame, but more taxes and entitlements and stimulus programs are not the answer.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:37 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,740,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
What about the hard working, industrious, educated, intelligent, wise, persevering, responsible, diligent, productive, deserving workers who got laid off as a result?... Why didn't they get their jobs back?...
If the wealthy Repubs have their way - never.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:40 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Republican kool-aid:

1 part scare the crap out of people (use terms like "terrorist threat," "Jihad," "armageddon," constantly and make people feel that their freedoms are being taken away)

1 part use religion as a tool (make people think that there is chance that Roe V. Wade will be overturned, talk about creationism and remind them that this nation was founded on Christian values and that Muslims are a threat. Disregard homosexuals all together and if they ask, tell them it's a choice. Science sucks and people should remain ignorant and not question anything-otherwise, they may actually vote in favor of their own interests).

1 part cut entitlements

1 part help the wealth stay wealthy (they deserve it)

1 part keep the poor, poor (it's their fault, always)

1 part %^&* the middle class ( but make them think we care about them)

1 part block the Democrats by all means necessary even if it means cutting of your nose to spite your face.

5 parts anything they say on Fox News

Optional, make white people feel like they're victims and tell them that the president is a Marxist, Muslim, Kenyan-born terrorists who wants to destroy America. Be sure to use his full name whenever you refer to him.

Keep those nasty environmentalists out of the mix.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:29 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I would like to first off, end all of these stupid wars - that is something that Obama could have done much more about - as well as close Guantanamo like he promised. Need to tax the rich heavily, and limit exec pay. These steps might have done the trick previously - except that too many jobs were lost during the Bush reign, and unless those return, we are screwed.
Absolutely agreed! Unfortunate. I am disgusted with both parties but, I have to vote with who I personally believe to be the lesser of the two evils.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:03 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,049,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Republican kool-aid:

1 part scare the crap out of people (use terms like "terrorist threat," "Jihad," "armageddon," constantly and make people feel that their freedoms are being taken away)

1 part use religion as a tool (make people think that there is chance that Roe V. Wade will be overturned, talk about creationism and remind them that this nation was founded on Christian values and that Muslims are a threat. Disregard homosexuals all together and if they ask, tell them it's a choice. Science sucks and people should remain ignorant and not question anything-otherwise, they may actually vote in favor of their own interests).

1 part cut entitlements

1 part help the wealth stay wealthy (they deserve it)

1 part keep the poor, poor (it's their fault, always)

1 part %^&* the middle class ( but make them think we care about them)

1 part block the Democrats by all means necessary even if it means cutting of your nose to spite your face.

5 parts anything they say on Fox News

Optional, make white people feel like they're victims and tell them that the president is a Marxist, Muslim, Kenyan-born terrorists who wants to destroy America. Be sure to use his full name whenever you refer to him.

Keep those nasty environmentalists out of the mix.
This is true... and middle class Republicans are about to get shafted...

Old 10-25-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Absolutely agreed! Unfortunate. I am disgusted with both parties but, I have to vote with who I personally believe to be the lesser of the two evils.
I feel exactly the same.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:23 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
They are consistently BAD - but the sheeple keep following...

The liberals DO get edgy when they see thier political power swept away. The results of the November elections will be just too much for them to take. How to assuage ther anguish? Venting with emotionally charged, irrational statements. It is the equivilent of a ten year old girl just letting out a good old scream.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:27 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,566 times
Quote:
They are consistently BAD - but the sheeple keep following...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQYbxoFeCS4

Old 10-26-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The liberals DO get edgy when they see thier political power swept away. The results of the November elections will be just too much for them to take. How to assuage ther anguish? Venting with emotionally charged, irrational statements. It is the equivilent of a ten year old girl just letting out a good old scream.
Hey girl, just scream now...scream girl - scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies