Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:33 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
So that's different from Obama spending DOUBLE than any first year president!

But I guess it's OK when it's someone else's money...Huh?
oh c'mon, bailing out a desperate economy and spending money like water on military contractors ( borrowing from China to keep wars going) is apples and oranges, and you know it. Republicans can play this eggshell game till the cows come home, and the economy crashed two months before presidential elections. You are just proving my point. Republicans spend like college kids away from home for the first time, and Democrats are like parents that bail them out, and Mom and Dad gets stuck with the kids' bills!!

Old 10-05-2010, 06:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I said this once on another thread, teabaggers think paying the deficit is like cutting a credit card and considering it "paid in full", even though there is still a high balance on it! Is this how they handle their household budgets? They live beyond their means and don't pay their bills. I can see it now:

"Honey, I bought a wardrobe, luggage, and reserved a hotel and airline for a vacation we can't afford!"

"No problem sweetheart, just cut the credit card in two and no worries!"

Guess what....it was also an epic fail when you said it in the other thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
oh c'mon, bailing out a desperate economy and spending money like water on military contractors ( borrowing from China to keep wars going) is apples and oranges, and you know it. Republicans can play this eggshell game till the cows come home, and the economy crashed two months before presidential elections. You are just proving my point. Republicans spend like college kids away from home for the first time, and Democrats are like parents that bail them out, and Mom and Dad gets stuck with the kids' bills!!

Questions for you: What was the state of the economy when Bush took office?

What is the difference between when Bush and Obama took office?

Hint: Instead of continually blaming Clinton over and over for the first year plus of his tenure in office Bush went about his business and took ownership of the office.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Guess what....it was also an epic fail when you said it in the other thread
Actually a libertarian agreed with me, then I asked her how to pay the bill. She said like they did in the 1600's with tariffs and excise taxes Shoot, why not tallage- a tax on feudal dependents

Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Actually a libertarian agreed with me, then I asked her how to pay the bill. She said like they did in the 1600's with tariffs and excise taxes Shoot, why not tallage- a tax on feudal dependents

"A" as in one? Congratulations! Was that the first and only time for that?

Old 10-05-2010, 06:53 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,701 times
Quote:

If you really want to talk about wars now.

Looks like you need a history lesson now too!

IN but the last 100 years of our history.....?

Woodrow Wilson, DEMOCRAT, got us embrioled in "Europe's war", when we HAD no legitimate casus belli, and promptly GOT 120,000 of our soldiers killed

(said President Wilson subsequently RECEIVED a Nobel Peace Prize, btw)

Harry Truman, DEMOCRAT, got us embroiled in Korea's civil war, and got some 36,000 of our boys killed

Dwight Eisenhower, REPUBLICAN, got a cease-fire signed, the bloodshed stopped, and the war effectively over

Lyndon Johnson, DEMOCRAT, got us embroiled fully into Vietnam's civil war, and subsequently got some 60,000 more U.S. deaths

Richard Nixon, REPUBLICAN, got us out of Vietnam and put an end to our involvement

do you REALLY wanna GO down this gruesome road keepin' score, missy?

'cause frankly, it's VERY damning for the Democrats if we do, madam

George Bush took our armed forces in Iraq in the Gulf War, and some 300 U.S. deaths resulted

his son, George W. Bush, got us embroiled needlessly (imo) in TWO such actions, Afghanistan and Iraq with a resultant 5200 U.S. war deaths (838 and 4349, respectively)

that BRINGS this gruesome and tragic total to ~~~~

Democrats, 216,000 U.S. war deaths in "optional" wars

Republicans, 5,500 U.S. war deaths (so far) in "optional wars"

now what was that you were saying again about the REPUBLICANS ?

looks to ME like a young man's got about a 39X worse chance o' getting killed in some dumbass politician's military folly IF the dumbass in charge IS a Democrat than if the dumbass IS a Republican

Edit: The numbers from Iraq and Afghanistan aren't current,didn't have time to update them.

Last edited by AzScorpion12; 10-05-2010 at 07:10 PM..

Old 10-05-2010, 08:39 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
They are consistently BAD - but the sheeple keep following...

Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,755,750 times
Seriously...what's with the one liner partisan bickering? That's most of what this thread is. This "My party is always right and the other party is always wrong" BS is either ignorance or stupidity, I'm not sure which. Both parties have their pluses and minuses. Partisan hacks are nothing but sheep, no matter which party they support. I swear, some of you root for your party like you'd root for a football team.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:18 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,961,100 times
Let's cry for the rich some more! They pay TOO much in taxes, despite the fact that they make the vast majority of the country's income and own the vast majority of the nation's wealth. Did you know that the bottom 50% of this country own less than 5% of the national wealth? Astounding, no? And you think that they should pay MORE taxes?

Get out of here. Really. There's a rich guy somewhere whose shoes need licking.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:29 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
They favor a much more imbalanced society where the rich get richer and trample over the working classes. Republicans are elitists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies