Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Questions for you: What was the state of the economy when Bush took office?

What is the difference between when Bush and Obama took office?

Hint: Instead of continually blaming Clinton over and over for the first year plus of his tenure in office Bush went about his business and took ownership of the office.
Then he proceeded to blow up the federal deficit by cutting taxes, getting into an unecessary war in Iraq and spending like a drunken sailor.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:58 AM

783 posts, read 815,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Then he proceeded to blow up the federal deficit by cutting taxes, getting into an unecessary war in Iraq and spending like a drunken sailor.
He blew upp federal debt to 11 trilion.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I said this once on another thread, teabaggers think paying the deficit is like cutting a credit card and considering it "paid in full", even though there is still a high balance on it! Is this how they handle their household budgets? They live beyond their means and don't pay their bills. I can see it now:

"Honey, I bought a wardrobe, luggage, and reserved a hotel and airline for a vacation we can't afford!"

"No problem sweetheart, just cut the credit card in two and no worries!"
Why can't you just come out and say that deficit spending, by 0bama and the democrats, is increasing our national debt?

The national debt is $13.6 trillion, almost all of this new debt came from 0bama's deficit spending. Cutting up the credit card, as you put it, would have prevented $3 trillion in new debt. Sounds like the TEA party that you reticule has a good first step. The second step is to kick all the big government, tax and spend progressive dems and repugs out of government, then we can start ending wasteful government programs.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:46 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
So democrats are in favor of a smaller, more fugal government? Which spending bills did the dems vote against?

Spending like democrats is why we stopped reelecting so many RINO republicans, its why the dems won the house in 2006. Its not the spending you guys object to, it was the war and the tax cuts, and that is all dems made a fuss about in Washington.

Even in 2003, McCain was upset about the out of control spending, and since the dems took over the purse strings in 2007, they have increased the debt by $5 trillion dollars.

McCain says Congress spends 'like drunken sailor' - The Boston Globe

Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why can't you just come out and say that deficit spending, by 0bama and the democrats, is increasing our national debt?

Because that would mean she's admitting Obama's a failure just like she claims Bush was!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Because that would mean she's admitting Obama's a failure just like she claims Bush was!
the only diffrence is tha Obama has some years to redeem himself...GW failed in both terms.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:46 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So democrats are in favor of a smaller, more fugal government? Which spending bills did the dems vote against?

Spending like democrats is why we stopped reelecting so many RINO republicans, its why the dems won the house in 2006. Its not the spending you guys object to, it was the war and the tax cuts, and that is all dems made a fuss about in Washington.

Even in 2003, McCain was upset about the out of control spending, and since the dems took over the purse strings in 2007, they have increased the debt by $5 trillion dollars.

McCain says Congress spends 'like drunken sailor' - The Boston Globe
Considering the fact we are in an economic downturn the WORST thing to do RIGHT now is stop the government from spending money. Until consumption and business spending start to pick up again the economy will get WOSE not better. The time to cut government spending is when the economy is on solid ground NOT NOW.

Don't get me wrong at some point the deficits NEED to be addressed. But addressing them NOW is going to prolong the recession. The United States Government takes in over $2 trillion a year in tax revenue. We need to stabilize and grow the economy FIRST and attack budget deficits NEXT.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:50 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
They are consistently BAD - but the sheeple keep following...

"Entitlement programs" are NOT enumerated in the Constitution

"Funding wars" IS the role of the Federal govt

"Give more to the wealthy" means allowing the people who earned the money to keep it. Sounds good to me!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
the only diffrence is tha Obama has some years to redeem himself...GW failed in both terms.

Obama has less than 30 days until he will be shut down until 2012.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:00 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,747 times
If SS is an entitlement, and every wage earner pays into it, why do they restrict the payouts for those who are of retirement age who still have other sources of income? If it were an "entitlement" wouldn't they get what everyone else gets? Was their money not good enough? I mean, they likely even maxed out the pay ins to the system. I pay a lot more SS tax than the average american does, and if I have high income when I retire, I shouldn't get what everyone else gets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies