Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:22 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Then you must think Our Founding Fathers are all COMMUNIST, because they wrote the Constitution to promote the Public Good

I guess you think the "public good" is to take care of the lazy and the worthless whiners always looking for a handout?

Demanding persoanl responsibility if for the public good.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
The demopcratic agenda the tranfer of wealth and the lowering of standrds. In the end it results in a permanent dependent class more and more and less overall wealth because of it. More productio form fewer only works so long as we have seen.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
yep, GOP Party of Reagan, Senior and *gulp* Junior...doesn't get better with age either, it ages backwards and gets worse ...from juvenile delinquent to infantilism.

I would consider this a merely fascinating observation of human nature, except for the fact that Republican voters keep falling off the cliff and try to drag us with them every time
And right now you Demtwits, are taking us downhill with ya allthat is so not cool. We are in the slumps in every possible way because of the clown we have in office This is the crappiest HOPE AND CHANGE FARCE, ever. Great economy to Wittle sheeple, keep on believin, one day the truth with smack hit ya in the face. and you will not know what hit ya.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yep, Communism is sooo much better right?
What is the false idea that entitlement programs are communist? Where does it come from?

No one ideology is completely right 100% of the time. I dislike social programs, but they are a necessary evil to keep our civilization from collapsing into chaos. That doesn't mean they can't be reformed and made to work better.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:52 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
They are consistently BAD - but the sheeple keep following...
So we should stop funding Afghanistan and Iraq? What will be the outcome from that, Killing Fields II?

"Give more to the wealthy" is childish and ignorant, if I am taking away 35% of everything you earn, how is NOT taking away 39% considered giving you more?

The democrats are cutting $500 billion out of Medicare entitlements, for realz.

Just because you opened a box of Cracker Jacks from 1969, and found a bunch of old democratic party campaign slogans, does not make them any more true then, then now. What is true, and for realz, is democrats have been making the same claims, that for decades democrats have been claiming republicans are going to take away Medicare and social security, and no republican has ever done any such thing.

As for starting wars and getting our country involved in armed conflicts, the democrats own the lion's share of that. WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and a whole slew of conflicts during the eight years of Clinton.

You fall flat on all counts.

Last edited by Wapasha; 10-05-2010 at 04:56 PM..

Old 10-05-2010, 04:23 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
...and I don't agree with the rich not paying their fair share like everyone else.
Actually, the rich are paying far more than their fair share. Note the share of income versus share of taxes paid for the various income groups in Table 1, here:
The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data

It's quite obvious which income groups are NOT paying their fair share. Your assertion is exactly backwards. It's the bottom 90% of American income earners that are paying less than their fair share.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
This is a most interesting piece. I just got around to finishing an article in Newsweek on Robert Gates and his attempts to cut spending in the Pentagon. I've always kind of liked Gates as he seemed pragmatic to me and after reading this, I say kudo's to the guy.

What Gates Plans to Do Before He Leaves Office - Newsweek

I can't wait to see what happens between the Tea Party movement and the GOP post elections, should be interesting and very telling.
Doubtless the Kristol, et al. Op-Ed is in response to this very well-reasoned and thought-provoking piece.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months. It would appear that they've already pulled Rand Paul somewhat to heel:

"Members of the Republican establishment, meanwhile, started to be asked if they would continue to support Paul. The answer was a qualified yes - so long as he got with the program. "If he'll stick to the jobs, debt and terror and providing a check-and-balance on a runaway government in Washington, he'll be the next Republican senator," Sen. Lamar Alexander said on CBS' Face the Nation. "We'll be glad to have him."

Paul got the message. He stopped showcasing his more Libertarian beliefs in national interviews and moderated his earlier, more controversial positions"

Is Rand Paul Still a Tea Partier? - Political Hotsheet - CBS News)

His father must be so proud.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:34 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I really think the producers are going to have to "go Galt" to starve the entitlement beast...
Already happening. Notice the government's drop in tax revenue?

Old 10-05-2010, 04:38 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, the rich are paying far more than their fair share. Note the share of income versus share of taxes paid for the various income groups in Table 1, here:

It's quite obvious which income groups are NOT paying their fair share. Your assertion is exactly backwards. It's the bottom 90% of American income earners that are paying less than their fair share.
I never said they didn't, I was referencing the OP.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Thats by dollar amount only.

If you look at the percentage of the income paid, the top 10% is paying less of a percentage of their individual income than I do as a middle class citizen.

Where I pay about 35% of my income into the system, someone making as much as Warren Buffet is paying around 25% of his income into the system.

You make more, you pay more, its that simple. I'm for equal taxation though, everyone pays x% of their income into the system, its that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies