Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:53 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I get the feeling you extend Obama far less respect than you've extended "any other sitting POTUS."

So, you think little boys shouldn't be offended to hear people in positions of honor -- it sounds as if to this boy that's the president, teachers, dads, the men of his neighborhood -- called by their last names?
And it would appear that you extend far more respect to Obama than to any republican president, regardless of their performance.

I agree with the position that, to me, Obama has done nothing to garner reprect as a person and has damaged the the office of POTUS.

The office is one thing, the person is another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 08:13 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
If a man kicked in my door and stole money from my family, causes us great emotional distress and generally took advantage of my home I wouldn't call him "Mr Intruder".

Old 10-12-2010, 10:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
O = Ohhhhhhh 0 = zerrrroooooooooooobama
Oh, my eyes are not good enough for such visual puns anymore

Old 10-12-2010, 11:32 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Barbara Boxer got her panties in a bunch when someone addressed her as ma'am instead of Senator. She said she "worked hard" for that title and demanded respect!
Respect is earned, not demanded.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And it would appear that you extend far more respect to Obama than to any republican president, regardless of their performance.

I agree with the position that, to me, Obama has done nothing to garner reprect as a person and has damaged the the office of POTUS.

The office is one thing, the person is another.
Oh, do you know him as a person? Neat-o.

You're supposed to respect the office. That's what the little boy was talking about.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:41 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
got a quick question...

the other day a guy on facebook threw a little hissy fit because so many people were "disrespecting" President Barack Obama by not using the word "President" before his name...and simply calling him "Obama" was disrespectful no matter your affiliation/party.

he went on to ask when all this came about...is this a new thing, or has it been going on for a while?
Calling him "Obama" is fine. This guy sounds a little nutty.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:45 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
I find this thread subject positively hilarious considering how much disrespect was hurled at our last president.
But now those on the left want Obama to be respected?
Do people not really get this?

Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Every president is called something other than President __________. Truman was Truman. Eisenhower was IKE. Kennedy was JFK. Johnson was LBJ. (Everyone is his family was an LBJ.) Richard Nixon was Tricky Dick. People who LIKED him called him Dick Nixon. And on and on and on.
And Slick Willie. Don't forget Slick Willie (Bill Clinton).

Old 10-13-2010, 07:23 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I find this thread subject positively hilarious considering how much disrespect was hurled at our last president.
But now those on the left want Obama to be respected?
Do people not really get this?
They get it. They just believe they are subject to an entirely different set of rules than the rest of us.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:41 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
They get it. They just believe they are subject to an entirely different set of rules than the rest of us.
I suppose.
Their outrage ove the lack of respect payed to Obama is still humorous to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies