Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 08:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,322,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How about rogerbacon making a substantive comment instead of a snarky one? You want me to make substantive arguments, but give the non-substantive remarks of your cohorts a pass. I'll respond substantively, when the posts to me are in the same vein.

And I think I've made a great case for my argument. Not all Muslims are our enemy. In any conflict, there is a need to identify our allies, and to identify our enemies. If you don't know who the enemy is, and make everyone into an enemy, then that would be a formula for failure. Especially when you decide to wage war on a religion. Never a good idea.
In other words I would think that you are saying that the Islamists are going to take us over sometime, maybe soon, since they are both religious and political. It seems that we have to just sit back and await the end since we can't possibly fight a religion. I can't agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
OK...

A bunch of goat herders are PO'd at America.

Wake me up when the war's over.
Please don't look into what that Muslim Brotherhood is and who is in it. You may be so surprised that you couldn't stand what you had learned. I feel for people who think as you just said but someday, probably too late, you will take the trouble to look into this. Goat herders? Isn't that kind of a broad brush you just painted Muslims with?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:04 PM

563 posts, read 930,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In other words I would think that you are saying that the Islamists are going to take us over sometime, maybe soon, since they are both religious and political. It seems that we have to just sit back and await the end since we can't possibly fight a religion. I can't agree with you.
Really? You read his quote and that's what you got out of it??

Old 10-16-2010, 01:03 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,616,125 times
Post The Global Ware on Terrorism: A Religious War?

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell
Does the Muslim Brotherhood believe we are in a religious war?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Does it matter?

There are people around the world that oppose United States policies and, by extension, the United States. Those people may consider themselves to be at war with the United States, but the United States doesn't have to think that they are war with those people. If they break the laws of their country, they get punished by their country. I believe the Muslim Brotherhood is very active in Egypt. Are we at war with Egypt?
Yes. It does not matter what we believe, what matters is what they believe.
Quote:
Powered by Google Docs
War was declared on the United States on August 23, 1996, in a fatwa (an Islamic religious decree) issued by Osama bin Laden.1 This war, unlike any previous U.S. conflict, is one in which our adversary’s motivation and objectives are seemingly based on religion and divine predestination.
(my bold)The quote is not a media outlet newsprint. I repeat, the quote is not a media outlet newsprint.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:56 AM

421 posts, read 449,365 times
Its very difficult, if not impossible to causally link Islam directly to violence. to do this one must think of Islam as a causal force, not a consequence, which is a tricky piece of logic to work on.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:25 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,591,875 times
Thumbs down Feed your fear...

Quote:
Please don't look into what that Muslim Brotherhood is and who is in it. You may be so surprised that you couldn't stand what you had learned.
Please stock up your storm cellar for the muslim invasion. I'll sound the "all clear", OK...

Quote:
I feel for people who think as you just said but someday, probably too late, you will take the trouble to look into this.
I'm not alarmed by these amateurs and religious crackpots. It obviously feeds your deep-seated need for fear and scapegoating, so enjoy it.

Quote:
Goat herders? Isn't that kind of a broad brush you just painted Muslims with?
I'm describing the terrorists you fear so much and describe in your OP as the muslim brotherhood. Remember them? You should. You named them specifically.

You're the one spreading the "goatherder" smear to muslims in general. Not me. Your insult skills are juvenile.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Please stock up your storm cellar for the muslim invasion. I'll sound the "all clear", OK...

I'm not alarmed by these amateurs and religious crackpots. It obviously feeds your deep-seated need for fear and scapegoating, so enjoy it.

I'm describing the terrorists you fear so much and describe in your OP as the muslim brotherhood. Remember them? You should. You named them specifically.

You're the one spreading the "goatherder" smear to muslims in general. Not me. Your insult skills are juvenile.
Did I use the goatherder term first? I really don't think so but then maybe I was first. I consider them to be camel jockeys and haven't seen that term here yet.

I see that you don't know much about the Muslim Brotherhood and how they are running things for the rest of the Muslims. I would help you by doing the research for you but you seem to not want to look anyway. When you find out something about that Brotherhood make sure you see how they want to take the US from inside, not from use of force from outside. Have a ball looking at what the Brotherhood is.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Yes. It does not matter what we believe, what matters is what they believe.
(my bold)The quote is not a media outlet newsprint. I repeat, the quote is not a media outlet newsprint.
Something that amazes me is that DC wants to keep talking about the wrong Muslim Brotherhood. The one I am talking about is located in the US and has no real association with the one she wants to divert attention to. When people don't know about our group and how they plan to take over from the inside it bothers me. Libs aren't so stupid that they don't understand about what Muslims are trying to do, they just don't want to allow conservatives to be right.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:15 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,616,125 times
Quote:
Something that amazes me is that DC wants to keep talking about the wrong Muslim Brotherhood. The one I am talking about is located in the US and has no real association with the one she wants to divert attention to. When people don't know about our group and how they plan to take over from the inside it bothers me. Libs aren't so stupid that they don't understand about what Muslims are trying to do, they just don't want to allow conservatives to be right.
Roy, I must admit I am not that familiar with the Muslim Brotherhood on either side of the equator. In reading the document that I linked to though perhaps the Brotherhood is defined in terms of the authors 3 groups.
Three groups separate yet over lapping:
Quote:
(1) Vanguard: As an Islamic “Vanguard,” they are the ones willing to carry out the attacks. Subdivided into two groups core Islamic sects Sunnis and Shiites. (Al-Qai'da network lead by Osama bin Laden is of the Sunni sect)
(2) Hezbollah, is larger than the Vanguard and much harder to identify. Unlike the Vanguard, they are non violent, however, they support the Vanguard. This group is spread through out the world, with large numbers living in Western countries. This group could be described as individual "nonviolent supporters."
(3)The last group is part of the camp is made up of nation-states and large organizations that either support the Vanguard or it's objectives. (page 2-3)

The 1.3 billion who do not fall into the groups are the "target audience". (page 3)
I did summarize a little of what the author wrote, yet I place in quotes, just the same. Also from the document I linked to:
Quote:
al-Qai’da believes that America started the war against Islam4 long before the hijacked airliners slammed into the Pentagon and the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001 (9/11). (page 1)
I've always wondered why.
Quote:
There is a substantial body of evidence to indicate that today’s Muslims fear that the United States and its agenda of democracy and freedom of religion are taking them back to the chaos and violence that Muhammad had quelled.46 (page 5)
Quote:
Since the Muslims have been unable to establish a pan-Islamic government ruled under the divine law of the sharia, they tend to believe that the West is seeking to control, oppress, and exploit their people and resources. There is indeed some truth in their perception of a U.S. attempt to prevent the establishment of a caliphate.(page 7)
So there I found my answer. ^
And this rest of these excerpts from the document fall under my category of just good information to know.
Quote:
Theologically, Islam is a religion of deeds and works, not salvation through grace and faith. (page 4)

After Muhammad’s death, many of the tribes that had submitted to him began to waiver in their support and patronage; they no longer wanted to pay the taxes that had been imposed on them. Abu Bakr responded by sending armed groups on campaigns to force the part of the faithful. (page 4-5)

Muslims today believe that the wealthy oil countries such as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are not using their wealth in accordance with the teachings of Islam. Based on these teachings, they believe that even the lowly shoemaker in Rabat, Morocco, is entitled to his fair portion of the wealth derived from the oil under all Muslims lands.49 This borderless community feels betrayed by those who presume to be Islamic leaders yet who constitute—in Muslim eyes—an exclusive ruling elite which hoards all wealth and power unto itself. (page 6) Powered by Google Docs
There are so many sets and subsets to the Muslim population, I doubt very seriously that I can keep up. I just feel one thing to be certain. If the U.S. adopts Sharia law into the U.S. Constitution, there goes the neighborhood.

have a great day,
~bell~

PS: That is a great document in which I encourage others to read. It seems we are in conflict with an ideology. (the hatfields and the mc coys )

Old 10-17-2010, 07:11 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,591,875 times
Smile Just a suggestion...

Quote:
Did I use the goatherder term first? I really don't think so but then maybe I was first.
You used it first to describe all muslims, who you fear so greatly.

Scaredy cat.

Quote:
I consider them to be camel jockeys and haven't seen that term here yet.
I think I just saw it. Kinda strange that you'd claim you missed it.

Quote:
I see that you don't know much about the Muslim Brotherhood and how they are running things for the rest of the Muslims. I would help you by doing the research for you but you seem to not want to look anyway. When you find out something about that Brotherhood make sure you see how they want to take the US from inside, not from use of force from outside. Have a ball looking at what the Brotherhood is.
The situation is this...

They scare you. They don't scare me. I've seen guys with an alligator mouth and a canary bird azz before.

If your prayers for the defeat of islam to the angry middle eastern sky-god you worship have just resulted in more muslim gains, then the answer to your prayers is that your god prefers muslims. Maybe you should dust off your Y2K bunker and stock up on canned goods. Jesus can't save you from the wrath of the fierce mohammadens. Allah triumphs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies