Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did NPR make a mistake by firing Juan Williams
yes 146 86.90%
no 17 10.12%
other 2 1.19%
not sure 3 1.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 05:51 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Why doesnt NPR have a policy on its people not going on other shows,etc at all?
Make them only able to appear on NPR if they dont want them giving viewpoints,etc.
I assume they don't pay much - if they want to keep people who are any good they have to give them some flexibility. And a decent journalist can't establish much of a rep just on NPR - not that many people listen to it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 05:54 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Didn't really know anything about Juan - I see that he is a Fox favorite, which makes me kind of glad he got fired.
so open minded

Old 10-21-2010, 05:59 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
so open minded
Not only that, but it sure gives me good reason to place him on ignore, so i do not have to read his completely uninformed, and partisan opinions.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:03 PM

277 posts, read 166,801 times
I thought it was overreactive to fire him. While I think the views people have of muslims in this country is disgusting, what he said wasn't overtly rude. I just wonder why he's doing work w/NPR & Fox, that seems odd.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Listen to the spokesman of CAIR admitting that NPR is liberal and the "fit" probably wasn't good with Williams, meaning if anyone has views that of the liberal ideology, they shouldn't be on NPR.

Megyn Kelly to CAIR: What’s your problem with Juan Williams? « Hot Air

Old 10-21-2010, 06:34 PM

this is nothing new..liberals always eat their own...

Old 10-21-2010, 06:36 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Dr. Hill is often a guest contributor to The Factor. Your point?
He was fired as a Fox News Analyst via Google Alert.
ThinkProgress » Liberal Analyst Found Out Through ‘Google Alert’ That Fox News Fired Him

When asked “what happened” during a recent interview with conservative radio host Steve Malzberg, Hill said that he has no idea why he was fired. “I don’t have a lot of information because I wasn’t given a lot of information.” In fact, Hill said he found out from a “Google alert” that Fox let him go:
HILL: Yeah I mean it’s an interesting thing. I wish I could give you a great deal of information that I don’t have a lot of information because I wasn’t given a lot of information. To date, Fox News Channel hasn’t given me any information as to why. … I’m just a little puzzled. [...]
MALZBERG: First of all, you told me you found out when you got a Google alert, so I mean, did anybody eventually call you from Fox and tell you that you were fired?
HILL: Yeah I eventually – I got a Google alert at 11 o’clock [a.m.] that it had been announced that I’d been fired. After that, I guess someone followed up later in the day, you know because I was sort of trying to figure out what was going on. … I found out that it was true but other than that I don’t have any other information. … I haven’t had any thorough conversation with anyone.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
He was fired as a Fox News Analyst via Google Alert.
Are you talking about the cop-killer sympathizer?

Old 10-21-2010, 06:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Not a fan either but with the opinons they have allowed calling the Tea Party names ;their reasoning doesn't wash. Basically if they want to push a agenda and limit free speech they need to get off the public dollars.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
I thought it was overreactive to fire him. While I think the views people have of muslims in this country is disgusting, what he said wasn't overtly rude. I just wonder why he's doing work w/NPR & Fox, that seems odd.
He was on NPR because he's a liberal (but not liberal enough anymore). He's on FNC because he's one of the many liberal voices on there. I'm a conservative and hispanic and I never agreed with Mr. Williams until now. Of course the only people defending him and the first ammendment are conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies