Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Bold: Reporters will report what they want to report and won't be influenced by outside sources unless they want to be. I don't know if this is what it is specifically called but I call it selective reporting. Also it isn't a law or anything that says government officials can't bring reporters on trips (correct me if I'm wrong) so get over it.
Reporters wont return from a trip and "badmouth" their host because they know if they do, they wont get invited on the next trip. This minimizes the public knowing whats going on..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Actually he compared the cost in the story (200 million per day) as being more than the wars (per DAY combined) not the whole cost of all the wars to-date.
That wasnt what he said, but if your spin on the comment is true, that further explains the outrage if the story is true. Obama is spending more on a trip with 5,000 individuals than the cost of wars combined on a daily cost comparison.. Again, if thats true, what type of message does this send?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 05:26 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
This great leader, this great man, this human piece of excrement.

US to spend $200 mn a day on Obama's Mumbai visit

Doesn't even have the courage to stay home and face the music. Yet you still blindly follow this fool. for you.
What the hell? That's a tiny fraction of what he spends when he's here!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Reporters wont return from a trip and "badmouth" their host because they know if they do, they wont get invited on the next trip. This minimizes the public knowing whats going on..

That wasnt what he said, but if your spin on the comment is true, that further explains the outrage if the story is true. Obama is spending more on a trip with 5,000 individuals than the cost of wars combined on a daily cost comparison.. Again, if thats true, what type of message does this send?
3,000... It sends a sensible one, if you've read a single news story -- news story, not propaganda blog -- about what this trip is for. Though this has gone on for nine pages and it looks like only one or two have done so, the rest being content, as we saw today at the voting booths, to wallow around believing lies are true.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:32 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
It's going to be interesting when and IF the true amount spent is reported.

All in all the posters in this thread (while slinging some humor (me included) and some hate (you know who you are)), are all are pushing for a better accounting via the original report.

Time will tell.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

Well with the events going on in this region he should
have been there sooner

His Character and Policies have dictated his fate !
Ah, the damn him if he does and the damn if he don't school of illogic.

P.S. you do know that they met previously in Washington...

Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Is he going over there to bring back jobs or offshore more jobs ?

Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
That figure sounds - unlikely.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:15 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,717 times
I heard them talking about this on the radio today. Sounded like he was taking the wife and daughters along, too...Doesn't seem right at the taxpayers' expense...not during times like these.

I skimmed the thread and didn't see any mention of this being a "family outing." Anybody else heard of this???

Old 11-02-2010, 07:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
I heard them talking about this on the radio today. Sounded like he was taking the wife and daughters along, too...Doesn't seem right at the taxpayers' expense...not during times like these.

I skimmed the thread and didn't see any mention of this being a "family outing." Anybody else heard of this???
I read that too. I wonder if Pelosi took her whole family as well ?

Old 11-02-2010, 07:28 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
Easy come easy go...it's kind of like monopoly money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies