Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 07:17 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

So what? He's allowed.

Was your "acronym" supposed to be funny or clever? I think you failed. How many months did it take you to think that one up? I suppose you have one for Sarahpac too?

Have you thought of any for any of the libearl political action committees? Probably not, huh. You agree with their fundraising efforts, whether they are legal or illegal. We know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Does Sean work for MSNBC now? If not, it's really a moot point, since Fox News and NBC don't have the same guidelines about political contributions. Besides, we knew that he donated money to her.

Nice try but...FAIL.

You really should take it up with NBC, since it's their policy you don't like. That must mean that you like Fox's political contribution policy.
This is so hilarious to see how these people react to Tuesdays election results, after spending the last 18 months claiming the "Tea Party Movement" was "AstroTurf" and basically a joke. Now they are wetting their pants!!! Ha, ha, ha. They don't know what to do. All they can do is whine about who gave money to whom. But they do not examine their own party with the same scrutiny.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:49 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'll admit - I do. If MSNBC wants to be fully recognized as a liberal political news network, it needs to be more like Fox News when it comes to this issue so that their anchors aren't hamstrung.
Lol, are suggesting that absent this change they are not fully liberal?

Old 11-06-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Yes "the industry" of right wing stooges.
The "industry" that has exceeded the ratings of their competitors by such huge amounts that the others are simply irrelevant.

I guess most Americans are "stooges" to you ... right?

Old 11-06-2010, 08:02 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So, one brain-dead moron supports another brain-dead moron's bid for election. Is this suppose to be surprising???
The "intelligent" liberals are awake.

Heaven forbid they contribute to the discussion.

Nope, just call people names because they dis-agree with a political position.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John
Wayne

Old 11-06-2010, 08:04 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times

And in other news..................... the sky is blue today.

So what? It is not against thier corporate policy nor is it illegal. I would be suprised if Hannity did not contribute to conservatives, as he is a conservative.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:06 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,622,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
And in other news..................... the sky is blue today.

So what? It is not against thier corporate policy nor is it illegal. I would be suprised if Hannity did not contribute to conservatives, as he is a conservative.
NO kidding who cares? I don't care who Keith Olberman gave money to but I guess MSNBC does-& he violated the policy and now he is out of a job.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You are not welcome to interpret my posts and then attack that premise. You are welcome to address something I've actually written, but not what you'd like to make up. You do enough of that already and you are not welcome assign false definitions as my opinions. In fact I've already stated the direct opposite of what you are claiming in another thread. But as usual, lets not let facts get in your way or anything.

There are currently about half a dozen posts in this thread, half of which are yours. If you are ethically and intellectually unable to assess what you wrote then I wouldn't be able to help you either.
Oh yes, I most certainly CAN do just that. Again, what "false definitions", what "words" were put in your mouth? You haven't answered that yet.

Translation: I lost the argument the very minute I started this thread, BECAUSE, Sean doesn't work for NBC and doesn't have to abide by their rules.

This is so simple - an ultimate, classic thread FAIL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Sanrene, do you think MSNBC is trying to get rid of Olbermann permanently (hoping he'd quit in a huff when they actually enforced their rules), do you think Olbermann is trying to get fired (because maybe someone else offered him a better deal so he wants out of his MSNBC contract), do you think he was too dumb to know what was in his contract or did he think the MSNBC rules only apply to the "little people" who work at MSNBC and not such "a big star" as himself?
I think they would love to get rid of this far left lunatic, but unfortunately his abysmal ratings lead the night for the network. His arrogance and tantrums are well known within the industry, he's just a really big jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Amazing.....first Fox is not considered a news organization by the elite.....

Now to 'drive' a point, it is......

????

The whole issue is KO did his deed against his employers rules. Apparently, SH's employer had different rules.

The elites were sure nasty to Juan Williams who was fired because his employer considered his free speech violated their policy.
It is amazing! They go on and on, incessantly obsessing that Fox is not real news and now look at them. I don't think I've ever seen a jealousy/envy syndrome played out so desperately by the Left as they do with Fox. Of course, they blame Fox for all of obama's failures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
you'll get better response if you have an opinion in your original post.

simply posting a link and a quote leaves you open for redicule.

Fox doesnt have the same rules as your beloved MSNBC. Its ok for the commentators to donate $$.

now, do you have a point to your topic, or is this more sour grapes from a democrat ?
There was/is no point really - just more wailing and whining and misdirection for the pain of Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
FOX certainly has no need for such journalism ethics, never has. Juan, violated his ethics clause with NPR. So, FOX extended him a contract where there is no such restraint. How long Mr Williams remains featured at FOX, is a question. He has some liberal viewpoints that may become a burden fairly soon. He may have outlived his usefulness. We'll see.
Well, Juan has been at Fox LONGER than he was at NPR - one would think Fox is more than welcoming of his lefty opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is so hilarious to see how these people react to Tuesdays election results, after spending the last 18 months claiming the "Tea Party Movement" was "AstroTurf" and basically a joke. Now they are wetting their pants!!! Ha, ha, ha. They don't know what to do. All they can do is whine about who gave money to whom. But they do not examine their own party with the same scrutiny.
You hit it on the head. A cry of pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies