Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your views on blacks having their own media?
There's nothing wrong with it 58 33.53%
It's racist 109 63.01%
I don't know 6 3.47%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
... Please tell me you're not serious.

If this looks ghetto to you:

oakland ca - Google Maps

Then you don't know what a ghetto is.
To me it just looks like a typical blue collar CA neighborhood with no yards, power lines everywhere and houses on top of each other. It could be nice or it could be not so nice, it's hard to tell from a picture. I guess I just have a much different opinion of what a "nice" neighborhood looks like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
I've never met a good person from a religious background.

Quote:
lol... the brother of a friend of mine just got married at the Mormon Temple 2 weeks ago with his Mormon wife. The catch? His Catholic family wasn't allowed inside. smh

Old 11-15-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Nothing like extreme ignorance and intolerance to round off a great thread about racism.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:37 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
To me it just looks like a typical blue collar CA neighborhood with no yards, power lines everywhere and houses on top of each other. It could be nice or it could be not so nice, it's hard to tell from a picture. I guess I just have a much different opinion of what a "nice" neighborhood looks like.

Yes, its an urban neighborhood. That's what happens when you live in a city. Using this logic there are only 2 neighborhoods in all of San Francisco that are nice. We both know that this isn't true.

and psst. I see plenty of yards less than 2 blocks up the street. lol

oakland ca - Google Maps

Old 11-15-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Yes, its an urban neighborhood. That's what happens when you live in a city. Using this logic there are only 2 neighborhoods in all of San Francisco that are nice. We both know that this isn't true.

and psst. I see plenty of yards less than 2 blocks up the street. lol

oakland ca - Google Maps
Please never use the terms San Francisco and Logic in the same sentence together again, thanks. Now what's your point? I'm not following your rant here...

Old 11-15-2010, 11:42 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Please never use the terms San Francisco and Logic in the same sentence together again, thanks. Now what's your point? I'm not following your rant here...

If you think that a nice neighborhood has to have yards, little density and no powerlines for it to be nice then you've probably never lived in a city.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:17 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Finally, all things we can agree on. Except the third one, never heard of them and will have to listen when I can. Killswitch Engage is one of my faves. I used to play my guitar along with Jimi (a CD of course).
y'all are by yourselves on that one lol. that music isn't for me

Old 11-16-2010, 10:24 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:

Maybe you just need to move and find some decent people to surround yourself with.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:40 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
If you think that a nice neighborhood has to have yards, little density and no powerlines for it to be nice then you've probably never lived in a city.
I don't think that's what he's saying. He's just saying the picture was a little bad. You can see part of one house and the Mormon Temple in the back. The Google street view shows me that the houses are relatively nice while the cars indicate more of a working class lifestyle.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:59 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Quote:
i honestly could say the same thing about atheists
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies