Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Again, companies will hire people when there is enough demand to justify the expense of hiring more people. More expenses (like taxes) will require more demand be present to justify hiring more workers.

If demand is high enough to offset the higher expense of increased taxes, it probably wouldn't effect hiring more workers.

Unfortunately, right now there isn't a great deal of demand for products in most businesses so even minimal increases in expenses make it less likely for the business to hire more people.
Let me fix this for you.

If demand is high enough to offset the higher expense of increased healthcare benefit expenses, it probably wouldn't effect hiring more workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 08:44 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Drats, those conservative Blue Dogs
Now imagine HR676 Universal Healthcare for ALL with NO PROFIT margin, PATIENTS come first, oh the horror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9n21d3n5j8
You really don't think that segments of our economy aren't directly profiting from O'care? Hahaha!!!! How quickly some forget that sweet deal Obama made with Pharma. Go on, keep deluding yourself into thinking that your elected officials are acting on YOUR behalf and not those of their lobbyist and special interest friends.

The very things you rail for are the very reasons why UHC is just a bad idea here in the US. The government doesn't have to operate in any fiscally responsible way and can run deficits as high as the eye can see. They aren't beholden to implement cost controls when they can just print and borrow more money. Businesses don't have that luxury.

Oh and thanks for finally pointing it out that it was the Blue Dog Democrats that killed your precious UHC for all. Last I checked, no Blue Dog Dem was a member of the Tea Party, and ALL of them are DEMOCRATS. So stop spreading lies and BS and go complain to the members of your own party for not granting your UHC wishes.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I pay for my own insurance. Speak for yourself, please. Nevermind. Your opinion is probably the opinion of "most americans" who "all agree" with "whatever I say" today. Great post, OP. I know you're working hard on the reverse troll thing. Make 'em think your message is so off, that the only thing they have left is....Obama. You just can't beat that.

Please post link that shows that Dems make insurance harder to afford.
Thanks.
First I wasnt talking to you and second.. Is the CBO objective enough for you?

http://www.jct.gov/publications.html...3672&no_html=1

I'm sure you will just ignore it though, it doesnt fit int your preconceived notiong...

Old 11-09-2010, 09:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Obamacare hasn't changed the trend though.
Actually it has.. the CBO projected HIGHER costs due to Obamacare than without them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Ins rates will rise, no surprise, they have been for quite some time. Some information may help people, rather than wild speculation and individual "observations".

Workers' health insurance costs for 2011 include higher premiums and co-payments
And Obamacare is responsible for making them rise FASTER.. No surprise though you just dont comprehend...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Were your rates going down the last few years? Mine sure weren't
And again, they will rise FASTER with Obamacare than without it.. Thats per the CBO..

Seriously, how difficult is this for liberals to comprehend?

Again.. http://www.jct.gov/publications.html...3672&no_html=1

Old 11-09-2010, 11:39 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
No, they weren't going down, but this year was a 16% increase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Were your rates going down the last few years? Mine sure weren't

It's not like the Health Insurance Companies only started to screw us when "Obamacare" passed. It's just a convenient excuse for employers and Insurers.

Rates have been rising every year for decades. Insurers have a long history of denying every claim they can… there's a reason Healthcare Insurance companies make billions and billions a year, and it's not because they like to pay out.

President Obama's healthcare reform is far from perfect, in my opinion, it didn't go far enough. "Mandates" without a public option was doomed from the start, and lead times on new laws just gave Insurers extra time to extra-screw everyone they could before they have to start complying with the new regs.

The bad economy is making things worse. Many companies, including my wife's employer, a large Ivy League College, are cutting benefits and raising costs to trim the College's budget. This comes after a few rounds of layoffs, early retirements, reorganizations, etc.

It has nothing to do with Obamacare, but the number of times I've heard the phrase… "Yeah, my health insurance went up, Thanks Obama" is startling.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:12 AM

436 posts, read 954,806 times
As I've said before, as a veteran of this country's military, if the VA healthcare system is good enough for me, it's certainly good enough for the civilian population. If it isn't, then why don't veterans have the same god damn quality of care afforded by the "private sector?"

Republicans offered similar universal healthcare coverage in the early 1990s to what has been proposed in recent times by the Democrats. REPUBLICRATS. And the supporters of both sides are nothing more than obstructionists and parasites.

Why don't you everyday, ordinary people actually start seeing through the fog of propaganda and wake the **** up to what's going on here? Are you capable and coherent? Or is this country so hypnotized by political rhetoric and corporate fascism?

Old 11-10-2010, 02:54 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
My health insurance premiums have gone up every year since I've been employed, that's over 3 decades.

Another attempt to blame Obama for everything.
My premiums increased every year under Bush, too.

What a ridiculous premise.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:13 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
My health insurance premiums have gone up every year since I've been employed, that's over 3 decades.

Another attempt to blame Obama for everything.
My premiums increased every year under Bush, too.

What a ridiculous premise.
My car Insurance went up because of this blasted HC Law. So did my internet/cable bill. Oh, and my favorite Golf Course greens fees. It's despicable, I tell ya!

Old 11-10-2010, 05:40 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,001,182 times
I have no plan now... Cobra for my wife and myself in 2006 would of cost me nearly $1600.00 a month which wasn't in the budget.Now we will have to pay the penality of 2.5% of our income should tell you that the cost of his plan will be far greater.I pay as i go and this Ocare is going to make me cut back on my medical services and meds... thanks.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I have no plan now... Cobra for my wife and myself in 2006 would of cost me nearly $1600.00 a month which wasn't in the budget.Now we will have to pay the penality of 2.5% of our income should tell you that the cost of his plan will be far greater.I pay as i go and this Ocare is going to make me cut back on my medical services and meds... thanks.
Then I assume you are eager for 2014 to get here. You will then have plans to choose from that are affordable, and depending on you income, premium assistance will be available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies