Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,165,640 times

Advertisements

Media Control over election process ...
Bill Moyers - Media Control over election process • VideoSift: Online Video *Quality Control

...oversight agencies, like the FCC, are controlled by revolving-door, corporate-world, lackies busy giving away the last of our power and spectrum to large media conglomerates - who have very little interest in the public interest. In sum, the majority of wage-earning citizens, and their concerns, are not represented in corporate media today... and certain topics remain taboo, in order to prop up our plutocracy.
http://www.oligarchyusa.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 08:43 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,233,850 times
Easy step by step answer to the question. The media is heavily biased. The media is biased in favor of, and is controled by, left wing Democrats. The media very much wishes to see Obama re elected in 2012. The media will publicize Republicans that it views as weak, unattractive, or polarizing, ie, ones that Obama would be likely to defeat. Not all that hard to figure out.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:46 AM

170 posts, read 533,886 times
Im for Marc Rubio in 2012..

Marc Rubio would absolutely destroy Obama..

Ill take the latino vote over the black vote anyday!...Blacks are what 10% of the population?

Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,165,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
Im for Marc Rubio in 2012..

Marc Rubio would absolutely destroy Obama..

Ill take the latino vote over the black vote anyday!...Blacks are what 10% of the population?
Which of Ruibio's stances on the issues do you most admire? I'm assumimg that this is what you base your vote on.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:13 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,978,718 times
I think the only person, as far as I know, that has the best chance of winning the election for the R's is Mitt Romney. I know he has some pull with the more moderate Independents so I think he would have the election in the bag. Of course, ALL of the candidates that make it to the general election will be backed and approved by the CFR and Trilateral Commission so rest be assured, we'll have a president who will screw us in the end and we deserve it, because 90% of us don't know any better

Old 11-23-2010, 09:34 AM

38,075 posts, read 22,234,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
I've said it over and over in this forum, but if the Republicans want to beat Obama in 2012 they actually need to run a better candidate! It doesn't matter how much the incumbent disappoints if you don't have anyone legitimate to run against him (or her).

I keep hearing the R's talk about what a lame duck and sure-one-termer Obama is yet they certainly haven't presented anyone "better." If the R's rely on the candidates with "buzz" but no substance like O'Donnell and Palin then it will be President Obama until 2016.

Find some genuinely smart, thoughtful, leaders with real ideas and integrity in your party and start getting them out there NOW.

Last elections also-rans won't cut it.

I support our current President, I voted for him, if today was Voting Day 2012 I'd vote for him again....but he is far from perfect. If you want to convince this Democrat to vote him out in 2 years you better come up with someone demonstratively better.
I was saying the same thing in 2004, but the dems were stuck on Kerry or Dean, and ended up with the two Johns - yikes!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 03:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,208,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Seriously, if they couldn't beat McCain for the nomination in 2012 what makes them think they look any better to us now? In your opinion, is the Republican machine promoting/advancing a favored candidate to the media?
Um, it's like November 2010. That's way too early to even be thinking about candidates for either party.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:07 PM

888 posts, read 1,188,299 times
A lot can happen between now and 2012.
Remember Gary Hart?
Too many politicians seem to have a (pardon the pun) HARD time, keeping their pants on?

Steve

Old 11-23-2010, 04:20 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,394,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Easy step by step answer to the question. The media is heavily biased. The media is biased in favor of, and is controled by, left wing Democrats. The media very much wishes to see Obama re elected in 2012. The media will publicize Republicans that it views as weak, unattractive, or polarizing, ie, ones that Obama would be likely to defeat. Not all that hard to figure out.
You got it wrong. The media will "prop up" the weakest candidate until it is too late to change horses and then pull the rug out. How do you think we got McCain over Romney??

Old 11-23-2010, 04:40 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,316,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think the only person, as far as I know, that has the best chance of winning the election for the R's is Mitt Romney. I know he has some pull with the more moderate Independents so I think he would have the election in the bag. Of course, ALL of the candidates that make it to the general election will be backed and approved by the CFR and Trilateral Commission so rest be assured, we'll have a president who will screw us in the end and we deserve it, because 90% of us don't know any better

Romney does TERRIBLE in the South. For a Republican Candidate that is NOT good news. The basis of every Republican presidential victory since 1968 has been victory in the South over a Democratic candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies