Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 04:45 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,564,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Which of Ruibio's stances on the issues do you most admire? I'm assumimg that this is what you base your vote on.

He seems very articulate...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 06:16 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,996,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Romney does TERRIBLE in the South. For a Republican Candidate that is NOT good news. The basis of every Republican presidential victory since 1968 has been victory in the South over a Democratic candidates.
I suppose. Among the rest of the usual suspects, I've no idea quite frankly. As for Rubio, I seriously doubt he's going to give up his new Senate seat to run for the presidency and risk losing his seat so I'm not counting on him running, and neither should anybody else. Ron Paul is gonna run again in 2012 but he's gonna be 77 by then, and most people associate him with a tinfoil hat unfortunately, and he's not popular with liberals because he's against any form of welfare and federal programs, and conservatives (by this I mean your average GOP voter which is a neo-con) wouldn't vote for him because he's against Social Security and Medicare. Shame, because he'd make a fine president

Old 11-23-2010, 07:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,937,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Seriously, if they couldn't beat McCain for the nomination in 2012 what makes them think they look any better to us now? In your opinion, is the Republican machine promoting/advancing a favored candidate to the media?

Don't settle. If the same tired old faces are presented to you in polls/surveys, pick OTHER. My inclination is, if Bill Kristol or Fred Barnes favors a particular candidate, or some old retired Republican comes out of the woodwork to bless some candidate, run away. They are an inside the beltway part of the machine and don't have our best interests at heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The list will change over and over.

The GOP is full of rising young stars and the list will be totally different in time.

Since no one has announced the media on both sides at just tossing darts right now.

I believe that the media, including Obamas MSNBC are tossing names because they know any viable candidate would defeat Obama if the election were held today.

Then comes the gift Obama ---

The gift of Obama turns out to be a plus for America as he will end liberals running things in America because of his massive failures and mistakes. Hence the recent election was a HELL NO to Obama's running of things.

The end of liberalism in near in America.
sunny is right, so far no one has declared that they are running in 2012, in fact we likely will not have republicans declaring their candidacy until later in 2011, thus the media will throw up a variety of republicans they want to see running for president.

as for why we got mccain, that is easy, he got the moderate and liberal republican vote, and the conservative vote was split three ways between mccain, romney, and huckabee.

i personally am going to wait until republicans actually declare that they are running, before i decide who to vote for in the primaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
The tea party was supposed to be a revolution that takes on the establishment but so far I see no signs of that being true. The {R}s elected the Boner to be the speaker and he went unchallenged. Are the tea drinkers trying to tell us that the Boner is not part of the establishment?
How could they be a revolution and not challenge a lousy conservative and a bag man for the banksters? Which leaves the tea drinkers with 2 choices:
they knew the neo cons were running the show and they were alright with that, or they are just plain ra - tarded.
how about we wait and see what the republicans in the house are actually going to do before we decide that they suck or not? i mean they have not yet even taken the oath of office, and you are bashing them.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:35 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,237,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Um, it's like November 2010. That's way too early to even be thinking about candidates for either party.
Not really. In some ways, the 2012 campaign is already underway. It started on Wednesday, November 3rd, the day after the election.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:40 PM

13,682 posts, read 20,830,672 times
Quote:
Seriously, if they couldn't beat McCain for the nomination in 2012 what makes them think they look any better to us now? In your opinion, is the Republican machine promoting/advancing a favored candidate to the media?

Don't settle. If the same tired old faces are presented to you in polls/surveys, pick OTHER. My inclination is, if Bill Kristol or Fred Barnes favors a particular candidate, or some old retired Republican comes out of the woodwork to bless some candidate, run away. They are an inside the beltway part of the machine and don't have our best interests at heart.
A bit of history:

Richard Nixon lost in 1960. Sat out 1964. Came back to win in 1968 and 1972.

Ronald Reagan failed to get the GOP nomination in 1976. Won it all in 1980

Adlai Stevenson lost in 1952 and the Dems ran him again in 1956. Lost again.

The point is a first, losing campaign sometimes gives a candidate the experience to run again.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:47 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,784,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
Im for Marc Rubio in 2012..

Marc Rubio would absolutely destroy Obama..

Ill take the latino vote over the black vote anyday!...Blacks are what 10% of the population?

ROTFLMAO!

You don't know much about the latino vote, do you? It is hardly monolithic.

Sorry, I just do not see too many latinos of Mexican, central american, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Colombian, etc. background rushing to vote for a Cuban.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:45 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,568,951 times
Wait a minute.

Marco Rubio is the junior Senator from Florida who hasn't even taken his seat yet. Before that, he's spent a few years in the Florida Legislature.

IF he runs in 2012, he will have exactly 2 years experience at the federal level.

Hmmmmm....I recall another candidate whose resume' was almost identical to Rubio's (except he wasn't Speaker of the House in Illinois) and everyone on the GOP side seems to think he was unqualified to be President, that he didn't have enough experience.

Remember? Lessee...what was that guy's name?

Old 11-24-2010, 05:53 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,287,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Easy step by step answer to the question. The media is heavily biased. The media is biased in favor of, and is controled by, left wing Democrats. The media very much wishes to see Obama re elected in 2012. The media will publicize Republicans that it views as weak, unattractive, or polarizing, ie, ones that Obama would be likely to defeat. Not all that hard to figure out.
Agree. The media wants to see Palin get the nomination, because they know that would mean a HUGE win for Obama.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:10 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,897,603 times
Quote:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Anyone checked out Gary Johnson of New Mexico yet? My personal favorite so far. Self made man. I think he is too much a true libertarian to pass muster with the phony ones on Fox News though.

According to GOP tradition, it should be either Palin, Huckabee or Romney's turn this time around.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,530,796 times
Donald Trump | Donald Trump President | United States America - Oneindia Living
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies