Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 09:07 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
You see just as much hatred for rich people on this board.
Don't confuse hatred with disgust. All the excess wealthy people have is from taking away from the WORKING American. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I don't hate poor people.

I dislike people who game the system.

I also don't care for people who have entitlement issues.

But I really can't stand people who want to take more of the money I work for and give it to either of the groups of people I mentioned above.
Our government 'games' us everyday. You get what you give.
Same goes for the wealthiest in America on the entitlement issue. They very much feel entitled to steal money from an actual decent wage to gain the excess they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
Indeed.

Only a complete moron would turn this into a liberal vs. conservative talking point and fall for all that politicking nonsense.

The left vs. right argueing in the USA has gotten completely retarded, literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
TO THE O.P.

Americans give more money to charity, volunteer more, and give back more than any other nation.

The most charitable nation on the entire planet is the US.

You need to stay in whatever nation you've been living in, because you've been buying into the bigoted propaganda being spread around the world about Americans.

We don't need YOUR kind here anymore. Stay where you are.
You are VERY delusional. There is 90 billion dollars less in donations this year from years past. Not to mention charity fraud being a large problem in America. So, you all can say that poor people are the only ones gaming the system but then you would be considered heartless, foolish and blind. The biggest fraud in America right now is our GOVERNMENT. Whether you like it or not, the truth is directly in front of you. Pay attention.

The fact that hatred still exists abundantly, in America, shows it's ineptitude, ignorance, and sophomoric attitude. I see it 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, bell ringing for Salvation Army. But for everyone of those that pass me by as though I'm not there, (HaHa - I make it a point to be extra kind and throw in a few extra holiday wishes to them) there are at least four more that stop and toss in something. Then there are those that toss in anything from a 5 to a 50. A $300.00 check was pulled from a kettle this past week. A $100.00 check was pulled from my kettle this past week as well. Last year a $10,000.00 check was found in one of the kettles. Hate IS dying. Just not quick enough. Evil never dies quick enough.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
I'm guessing you live in Arizona, malamute. Here are the welfare (TANF) limits in that state:

NCCP | Arizona: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Cash Assistance

Time limit on benefit receipt
Federal rules or guidelines1 There is a lifetime time limit of 60 months on a family''s receipt of federally-funded benefits, but states may exempt up to 20% of their caseload from this limit and/or use state funds to extend benefits.
Lifetime time limit7 60 months (2005)
Benefits continue to children after reaching lifetime time limit2 No (2005)

Old 11-21-2010, 11:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm guessing you live in Arizona, malamute. Here are the welfare (TANF) limits in that state:

NCCP | Arizona: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Cash Assistance

Time limit on benefit receipt
Federal rules or guidelines1 There is a lifetime time limit of 60 months on a family''s receipt of federally-funded benefits, but states may exempt up to 20% of their caseload from this limit and/or use state funds to extend benefits.
Lifetime time limit7 60 months (2005)
Benefits continue to children after reaching lifetime time limit2 No (2005)
No I don't live in Arizona but TANF is only one small welfare program. Food stamps aren't limited at all by any time, and WIC coupons keep pouring in with each baby produced. Section 8 doesn't have any time limit, nor are paid utilities.

TANF is the silly cash giveaway to welfare recipients but with everything else handed to them, it's not needed. Plus most of the women on welfare have new daddies to be that might work and they can and do get cash from them.

But imagine that - 5 years of free cash in addition to all the other handouts, just for giving birth.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No I don't live in Arizona but TANF is only one small welfare program. Food stamps aren't limited at all by any time, and WIC coupons keep pouring in with each baby produced. Section 8 doesn't have any time limit, nor are paid utilities.

TANF is the silly cash giveaway to welfare recipients but with everything else handed to them, it's not needed. Plus most of the women on welfare have new daddies to be that might work and they can and do get cash from them.

But imagine that - 5 years of free cash in addition to all the other handouts, just for giving birth.
No, that's five years total. No matter how many kids. TANF isn't needed? How do you think people pay their rent? Section 8 subsidizes it; it doesn't make it free. How do you think they buy clothes, soap, shampoo? Not everyone qualifies for "paid utilities".

Old 11-21-2010, 05:44 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,464,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
You are VERY delusional. There is 90 billion dollars less in donations this year from years past. Not to mention charity fraud being a large problem in America. So, you all can say that poor people are the only ones gaming the system but then you would be considered heartless, foolish and blind. The biggest fraud in America right now is our GOVERNMENT. Whether you like it or not, the truth is directly in front of you. Pay attention. (where did you get this from?????)

The fact that hatred still exists abundantly, in America, shows it's ineptitude, ignorance, and sophomoric attitude. I see it 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, bell ringing for Salvation Army. But for everyone of those that pass me by as though I'm not there, (HaHa - I make it a point to be extra kind and throw in a few extra holiday wishes to them) there are at least four more that stop and toss in something. Then there are those that toss in anything from a 5 to a 50. A $300.00 check was pulled from a kettle this past week. A $100.00 check was pulled from my kettle this past week as well. Last year a $10,000.00 check was found in one of the kettles. Hate IS dying. Just not quick enough. Evil never dies quick enough.
(What are you TALKING ABOUT HERE?????)
What am I DELUSIONAL ABOUT?

#1. NOBODY IS DENYING the fact that CORRUPTION exists ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET. People look out for NUMBER ONE.. THEMSELVES FIRST!

That doesn't take away the FACT, THAT IS WELL DOCUMENTED THAT AMERICANS AS A NATION. Give more money and time to charity. YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:54 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,846,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Er..............where did you get the information you stated, which I highlighted in red? I am disabled and live in HUD funded housing, and I am required by law to report every penny of my income, from ANY source.
I think the point being made was that HIS income is not considered HER income, therefore they scam the system by fraudulently failing to report he is living there and HAS income.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,551,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I think the point being made was that HIS income is not considered HER income, therefore they scam the system by fraudulently failing to report he is living there and HAS income.
Sorry if I don't get your point.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:32 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
...All the excess wealthy people have is from taking away from the WORKING American. Nothing more, nothing less.
What about the WORKING wealthy American?

Old 11-21-2010, 08:31 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,846,356 times
Quote:
Basically HIS income is NOT her income, therefore it isn't taken into account for Section 8 housing eligibility. I'm not sure I can make it any clearer than that. It's GAMING the system.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
The live-in boyfriend's income should certainly be counted as income. After all he's the future daddy of one of her kids that's bringing in the welfare handouts.

Very often these women get housing provided by the taxpayer and the boyfriends move in and live rent free - even if they have income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies