Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 08:45 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,902,628 times

Advertisements

"Christmas" or "Holiday"? War of words makes some shoppers think twice | WPSD Local 6 - News, Sports, Weather - Paducah KY | Local

Me and my family don't currently attend any church, but we know what the season is about. It's still CHRISTmas to us. I cannot stand season's greetings or happy holiday's. IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! I am so sick and tired of the minority in this country trying to change everything. For the people who don't celebrate Christmas...lock yourselves in the house until December 26th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 08:47 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Me don't currently attend church, neither.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:00 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,036,530 times
[quote=kentuckydad95;16797091]"Christmas" or "Holiday"? War of words makes some shoppers think twice | WPSD Local 6 - News, Sports, Weather - Paducah KY | Local

Me and my family don't currently attend any church, but we know what the season is about. It's still CHRISTmas to us. I cannot stand season's greetings or happy holiday's. IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! I am so sick and tired of the minority in this country trying to change everything. For the people who don't celebrate Christmas...lock yourselves in the house until December 26th.[/quote]

That's one of the most asinine comments I've ever read.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:06 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,229,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
"Christmas" or "Holiday"? War of words makes some shoppers think twice | WPSD Local 6 - News, Sports, Weather - Paducah KY | Local

Me and my family don't currently attend any church, but we know what the season is about. It's still CHRISTmas to us. I cannot stand season's greetings or happy holiday's. IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! I am so sick and tired of the minority in this country trying to change everything. For the people who don't celebrate Christmas...lock yourselves in the house until December 26th.
Grow up. The vast majority of people by and large don't care what you call it. It was originally a Roman slave holiday called Saturnalia.

But what makes this even better is that the focus is on how much Jesus is for sale. Nice job. If Jesus is for sale at this store then we go, if Jesus is not for sale here then we don't go.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:

OH THANK YOU! Thank you!
I was almost having withdrawal symptoms from not getting the yearly dose of the "Fake War on Christmas" "Fake Outrage"!!!

Let's cut it short and sing the Blah-blah song to the tune of that religious Christmas favorite , "Jingle Bells" and then we can cut the thread short!

All together now, one, two, three,:

"Blah blah blah

blah blah blah

blah blah all the way!!!!

Old 11-27-2010, 09:08 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,902,628 times
It's Christmas. Not Holidaymas or Seasonsgreetingsmas. Don't like it? Too bad.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:11 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,036,530 times
Christmas is ONE DAY. Get over it.

I just worked Black Friday. I would estimate that half of my customers were Jewish, Sikh (sp), Hindi, Muslim, unknown or Athiest.

What do you think would happen to the economy if all of them 'stayed home' for six weeks?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
It's Christmas. Not Holidaymas or Seasonsgreetingsmas. Don't like it? Too bad.
Happy HOLIDAYS! Season's Greetings!!!! Don't like it?....tfb

Old 11-27-2010, 09:20 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,229,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OH THANK YOU! Thank you!
I was almost having withdrawal symptoms from not getting the yearly dose of the "Fake War on Christmas" "Fake Outrage"!!!

Let's cut it short and sing the Blah-blah song to the tune of that religious Christmas favorite , "Jingle Bells" and then we can cut the thread short!

All together now, one, two, three,:

"Blah blah blah

blah blah blah

blah blah all the way!!!!
and miss watching the persecution complex in all of its glory?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:22 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times
Quote:
"christmas" or "holiday"? War of words makes some shoppers think twice | wpsd local 6 - news, sports, weather - paducah ky | local

me and my family don't currently attend any church, but we know what the season is about. It's still christmas to us. I cannot stand season's greetings or happy holiday's. It's christmas!!! I am so sick and tired of the minority in this country trying to change everything. For the people who don't celebrate christmas...lock yourselves in the house until december 26th.
+rep to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies