Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 12:10 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,036,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Whoopeeee, nastiness all 'round! Here's to ya!! Happy, happy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzXKWKaxt3c
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 12:16 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,637,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
...did Hitler say, "Merry Christmas"? ...or "Season's Greetings"...THAT is ON topic...
Fröhliche Weihnachten

Old 11-27-2010, 12:23 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,036,182 times
It's a shame folks don't realize
whatever you celebrate this season, it has nothing to do
with hate or bigotry. Makes me wonder if those "Fighting
for Christmas" practice what they preach

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-27-2010 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 11-27-2010, 12:31 PM

243 posts, read 275,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You forgot New Zealand It's a shame folks don't realize
whatever you celebrate this season, it has nothing to do
with hate or bigotry. Makes me wonder if those "Fighting
for Christmas" practice what they preach
Being Christian doesn't mean you have to be a pushover, I try to treat people decently but I'm not going to let them run over me or erase the things I care about just to keep from argueing with them, that's the problem too many people wanting to keep the peace let some get away with tearing up and trying to change what we hold dear. You shouldn't be violent but you should stand up for yourself and what you believe.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:31 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,356,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
"Christmas" or "Holiday"? War of words makes some shoppers think twice | WPSD Local 6 - News, Sports, Weather - Paducah KY | Local

Me and my family don't currently attend any church, but we know what the season is about. It's still CHRISTmas to us. I cannot stand season's greetings or happy holiday's. IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! I am so sick and tired of the minority in this country trying to change everything. For the people who don't celebrate Christmas...lock yourselves in the house until December 26th.

If decorations, drinking and sales at the mall is what your Christmas is about, you can have it.

I will stick with have a Happy Holiday and may there be peace on earth.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:41 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,351,056 times
Quote:
"Christmas" or "Holiday"? War of words makes some shoppers think twice | WPSD Local 6 - News, Sports, Weather - Paducah KY | Local

Me and my family don't currently attend any church, but we know what the season is about. It's still CHRISTmas to us. I cannot stand season's greetings or happy holiday's. IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! I am so sick and tired of the minority in this country trying to change everything. For the people who don't celebrate Christmas...lock yourselves in the house until December 26th.
I am so sick and tired of the majority in this country forcing their beliefs on everyone, while at the same time b*tching and moaning about being the victims of discrimination.

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Old 11-27-2010, 12:43 PM

15,885 posts, read 21,499,526 times
Chanukah is next week. If you say "Merry Christmas" now, almost a FULL MONTH before Christmas, and refuse to say "Happy Holidays" despite there being other holidays first, then you're overcompensating for something.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:52 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,211,930 times
"It's still Christmas to me!!!"
That sounds like a good country song title. Maybe you can spend a few afternoons at your piana to write the rest of the lyrics and compose the music.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:08 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,491,257 times
Quote:

It's such a silly argument as "Holiday" can easily mean both Christmas and New Years. Therefore negating the argument that the person in question is trying to eliminate "Christ" out of the picture.

In fact "Happy Holidays" can apply to all festivities that take place during this time of year without implying anything else but good wishes to those on the receiving end of the message.

Lighten up already.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,188,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwater View Post
Being Christian doesn't mean you have to be a pushover, I try to treat people decently but I'm not going to let them run over me or erase the things I care about"""

W H O is trying to erase what you care about? You REALLY care that much about a silly greeting!!!!

""" just to keep from argueing with them, that's the problem too many people wanting to keep the peace let some get away with tearing up and trying to change what we hold dear. You shouldn't be violent but you should stand up for yourself and what you believe.
Now , could YOU have the courage to answer this oft ignored question???

WHAT have you lost from Christmas?

WHAT?

STATE what you don't have any more.

Cookies?

Decorations?

Football?

Church??

Gifts?

A pretty tree?

Hangover?

Exhaustion?

Stress?

WHAT????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies